Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Nov 4, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #2,401 of 3,671
A few weeks ago I received my replacement headphones from Sennheiser, although these turned out to be REV01s, I had not contacted them about receiving the old model yet, however this morning I've just been delivered a set of REV02s from them, so they must have realised their mistake!  

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #2,402 of 3,671
Today I got my RMA parcel back from sennheiser and instead of sending me the over ear version they sent me the on ear version...sigh. Hopefully Sennheiser will reply fast on my issue...

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #2,403 of 3,671
I feel like I must be going crazy, but I swear my M1's sound worse with the Remote wire than the Plain wire.

First impressions is that they do the A900x creamy mids except don't colour the headphones as much so they can be used with more genres. Though technically its bass is supposedly "loose", it easily beats the A900x here, but loses in treble, mids, and definitely in soundstage. There is definitely some glare/distortion in the treble. In presentation it handily beats the A900x for most genres.

Very happy with my purchase as its bass is very malleable with EQ, its treble/mids not so much, as raising its recessed portion brings more to light the distortion in the treble, but its still passable.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #2,404 of 3,671
I got the Momentum Over Ear Wireless (model 20150213REV02)  about 4 days ago from Full Compass.  No Bluetooth problems that I can tell.  I've been using them through a Droid Maxx Bluetooth, the Sony STR-DN860 AV receiver Bluetooth, and I even tried them via cable to my HP laptop.  I'm by no means an expert at sound quality but, I really think they sound good.  I've been listening to music through them while operating a gas powered leaf blower and I believe the noise reduction is equivalent to wearing the Shure 315 in-ears.  Only con I have is price.  They should be $100 less, but I'll keep 'em.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,405 of 3,671
I ordered the black version of these cans, and I can't wait to get them today. They will be the BEST headphones I've ever owned, I'm so excited!!!! 
L3000.gif

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #2,408 of 3,671
Any comparison reviews between the first momentum on ears and the new ones?

I might seek my first gen momentum, especially since the ear cups are better and would fit my ears better

Though I have not used either m1 OR m2 on ear, from what I have read, the ear cups are shaped a tad different, but are roughly the same size. And again, from what I have read, they sound VERY much like the first version of on ears. 

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #2,410 of 3,671
Oops I meant to say over the ears and not on ears lol

I have posted the frequency response of both in the last page. The M2's probably sound better, the M1's which I have have this irratiting mid treble sparkle, I would rather it simply be smooth as it would be even better for commutes.

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #2,411 of 3,671
Got my REV02 replacements. Very happy with them, no bluetooth issues so far and great sound. Sennheiser treated me extremely well. Proper way to fix mistakes and keep a loyal client base. Great product, great compay (at the danger of sounding like a an advert would :))

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #2,412 of 3,671
Haven't posted here for a while...

Bought the Wireless M2's a while back when they were first released. No massive problems, but if there is a revised batch release, I'd sooner get my hands on the latest to avoid problems in the long run.

Do I get in contact with Senn or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #2,413 of 3,671
Grabed a pair of wired M2 from amazon.de £140 delivered to uk (the full size ones), it would have been rude not to at that price. Ideal for what I wanted, relitavly light weight portable closed pair for when my ear hurts and dont want to use my IEM's.

Pleased so far and meet the expectations I had for them, more comfertable that I remembered form demo, look great and very plesent sound from them. :)

Gotta love amazon eu price variations...

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #2,414 of 3,671
  Haven't posted here for a while...

Bought the Wireless M2's a while back when they were first released. No massive problems, but if there is a revised batch release, I'd sooner get my hands on the latest to avoid problems in the long run.

Do I get in contact with Senn or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Just contact Sennheiser and tell them you are having bluetooth issues. I'd expect they would exchange it no questions asked given the amount of complaints there have been.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #2,415 of 3,671
Sennheiser support told me today that they were out of the rev 2 batches and are producing a new batch again. New batch should be done in about 2 weeks and they should sent me one as they messed up by sending the on ears instead :).

edit: just got my rev 2s :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back