Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jun 25, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #1,985 of 3,671
That's just awful!

I've lived in NYC for 8 years, have never had anything stolen from me on the subway. Knocking on the hardest wood I can find. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #1,986 of 3,671
Oh no! Hopefully it was one of the bum ones!

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #1,987 of 3,671
I just got my pair of the PSB M4U 2's.  I needed noise canceling and even though I wanted wireless really badly, I just couldn't wait on an item that is broken with no fix in sight.  It's too bad when a company has a great product, but they can't get it right.  I was always a Stax and Sennheiser guy. I still have the 580's and really like them, but for travel I needed a new pair as I hate the Beat Studio's I was given years ago.  The PSB's sound very good on their own, but hooked up to an old Bithead I have, they sound great for the money (I got a B stock pair).  I'll follow this thread and if they can fix this someday, I may get a pair and sell the PSB's, but for now they've lost a few customers (I have three other friends who got PSB's as they were sick of waiting on info about the Momentums.  Sorry to sound bitter, but it's really a shame that it's being played out the way it is.  Half their dealers don't even know what's going on.  Oh well.  PSB customer service was great as was Audio Connection in Verona NJ.  Johnny just called in and asked if they had some B stocks and within a couple of days they showed up on my doorstep.  

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #1,989 of 3,671

Well, order made. We'll see how this goes.

2 months later and still no delivery. Apparently they had to wait almost 6 weeks to get Sennheiser to send the replacement ear pads to custom-cable. 2 weeks ago they (CC) e-mailed me saying they've sent them over. But I still haven't received anything. And they're no longer answering my inquires via e-mail. Sigh.. :frowning2:

Jun 29, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #1,990 of 3,671
The beats bass is far more bloated. The Senns have some really unique sub bass, but clearer across the board. Also, last time I put on a pair of Beats I remember the treble being incredibly harsh and nasally.

Again though, I'm not thrilled about my purchase. Neither one are $300+ headphones, but the Senns certainly surpass the Beats. 

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #1,991 of 3,671
Well, after I have waited the replacement almost more than a month, I have decided to sell my wireless momentum (black). I have used them only three times (total time would be less than 5hrs).

Anybody interested?
I have the box, cables, all came with the headphone. And of course they are in really in mint condition. Looks totally brand new.

Please let me know if anyone interested.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #1,992 of 3,671
This has to be one of the biggest screw ups in all of audio.  Sennheiser is losing so much business and they decide to keep mum about anything.  Just let us know that you have no fixes in site maybe.  Many of us have already purchased other headphones as we don't want or can't wait anymore.  They aren't good and don't sound better since you can't get them or use them.  That's the reality right now.  I don't love how the PSB"s are big nor how they fit my head.  They sound great though and will break in, but I'd much rather have a headphone that fits me better.  I really wanted wireless for many reasons, but I can live without it for great sounding cans.  I fly at least 8 times a year and wanted a headphone that was comfortable and noise canceling, but I'm now even thinking of selling the new PSB's and looking at a great sounding noise isolation closed back phone.  Any suggestions in this regard?  At least we can keep this thread going until someone from Sennheiser comes on and posts an update or that there isn't an update.

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #1,993 of 3,671
The PSBs sound better, all around. 

I own the M2 wired. I'm a bit disappointed with how they perform. If you primarily listen to rock/metal, find something else. They can't handle fast paced music, or anything where their is a vocalist and a bass guitar in the melody at the same time (does that make sense?) With that being said, they are incredibly comfortable and look real purty. I have the NAD HP50 on order - apparently they are even better than the PSBs, but i find them to be rather ugly. I'll post a comparison when they arrive.

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,994 of 3,671
The deal with the NAD is that they don't have the amp or NC.  I heard both of them side by side at my dealer. I spent many hours with both on all music. I liked the PSB a bit better, but you can tell it's nearly identical.  I was able to get a pair of B stocks for only 250 out the door, so it made sense for me.  I do like them, but they are a bit tight clamping force wise on my head. Wish I could somehow adjust that, lol.  Also wish I  could buy real leather pads for them. 

I'm looking into Cardas, Morrow or ADL/Furutech cables, but it's hard to justify when you can't hear them to see if they make them sound much better or not.

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,995 of 3,671
Hey guys and girls :)
I bought myself the sennheiser momentum wireless over ears June 18th 2015 from john Lewis in Welwyn garden city in the UK for £379.00 and paid an extra £30 for 3years accidental damage ( accidents happen ) not to mention 90 day returns policy ( NICE :D

Now I compared a few bluetooths previously before purchase and some wired also when in London after making my way around a few shops to try them all, then ended up buying them on the date above:

Wireless beats all of them ( sound flappy on bass but loud and just something missing )
Urbanites ( bit to big and tinny )
Own a pair of sennheiser mm550-x headband broke though ( great but to quiet and not quite enough bass )
Wired momentums ( again great but was just missing something )
Sennheiser Wireless 2.0 momentum ( up there with over ear 2.0 but missing the effortlessness of over ear )
And by co-incidence tried the wireless momentums last ( display model pair )

Straight out the box, I have to admit I was convincing myself they sounded good ( probably due to the hype ) but they were just ok, no better than my mm550-x but good ( thinking to myself £379 not cheap ) but I know you need to run headphone in ( so I placed them on a kitchen roll as if it were a head and let them play over night ( like an excited boy I rushed to listen to them as soon as I woke.

Put simply the sound was just nice, no other way to put it really, it just ticked the boxes.
It's like the do everything effortlessly but yet sound like your in the music, if you know what I mean, almost like the music is in your head, similar kind of to surround sound.
Plenty of detail, bass, highs and lows. Give them a not so great recording they sound good but you hear it's not so good, but give them a great recording and song they will just about match most wired headphones out there ( remember they are bluetooth which a lot of people forget. Got admit for detail I love the sennheiser hd 25 ll ( they just look ugly ).

No lie for about a week I was up till 3-4am listening to all my songs again just enjoying them effortlessly doing what they do ( play music well with no wires ) actually forgetting at that time in the morning my tv with surround sound was on loud but due to the Active Noise Cancelling = A.N.C I forgot haha.

( right I'll stop going on and shorten it )

I'm no audiophile but one thing I do have is an attention to detail and quality sound:
They sound great:
A.N.C very very well ( I work in a gym and train with them on and can't hear anything else ( GREAT )
They are loud enough ( actually louder than I thought they'd be:
And perform effortlessly ( you'll see what I mean when you listen to them )
Range is more than 10meters and have experienced no drop out yet, like everyone else:
And you just appreciate them more, the more you use them, if it makes sense, rather than just 5 hours or 10:
Last the 22hours if not longer as have tested:
Liking the woman's voice powering off/on, battery life left
Making and receiving calls good as expected too.

MY CONCLUSION:

Awesome pair of wireless over ear headphones which sound wired.. Not cheap but I do not regret paying out for them at all. ( just run them in first and use them naturally rather than look for fault and you'll absolutely love them as they sound awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back