Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jul 7, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #2,011 of 3,671
  And how do the highs of the NAD compare to the Momentum 2 wired highs? 

Also, how does the PSB M4U1 compare to the NADs soundwise not amped and without DAC?

NADs have softer presentation in that range. The Senns are bright and "sparkly" which I really enjoy. Both do an admirable job, but the Senns come out on top in that department.

I don't own the PSB, but nearly everyone online states that the NADs have the slight edge in the sound department. Both are easy to drive without an amp/dac. I ran them through my O2 amp, and didn't change much - especially on the 15ohm senns. My Galaxy S6 could easily drive them.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #2,012 of 3,671

NADs have softer presentation in that range. The Senns are bright and "sparkly" which I really enjoy. Both do an admirable job, but the Senns come out on top in that department. 

And how does the PSB M4U1 compare to the NADs soundwise without a dedicated amp/DAC?

Also, are those differences in sound you described between the Momentum 2 and HP50s with your portable devices, or did you add an external amp/DAC?

Jul 7, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #2,014 of 3,671
Wow, lot's of questions and back and forth.  I bought the PSB's over the wired Sennheisers as I felt they sounded much more real for me.  The PSB's just sound great in the mids and the bass is low and tight.  I like the highs as they are pretty extended (for a phone in this price range), but there is no fatigue.  It's like sitting mid hall if you would.  I personally liked the PSB's over the NAD's sound wise and that's in passive mode.  I was able to get a pair for a great deal (B Stock) through Audio Connection in Verona, NJ.  If you guys have any desire to buy PSB's give Johnny a call.  I don't know how many B stock he can get, but he's been written up in CNET as of the most reputable and best dealers in the country and I agree  I have no problem sharing great service with friends:  http://www.audioconnect.com   

I personally enjoy the amp on the PSB's and what folks don't talk about is that it doesn't use much power from the phone in this mode.  If the Senn's wireless worked properly, I would have gone that route, however now I'm happy with what I have.  They are heavy, but they also are balanced and feel just fine over the long haul.  I'd love them to be half the weight and size, but I haven't found a headphone that sounds this good and has all it has that costs what this costs and weights less and is more comfortable.  If I could change something, it would be the cord as well as offering real leather pads.  

I can't wait to hear what a great cord will do with the sound, but I have some ideas and they are all positive.  

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #2,015 of 3,671
  Wow, lot's of questions and back and forth.  I bought the PSB's over the wired Sennheisers as I felt they sounded much more real for me.  The PSB's just sound great in the mids and the bass is low and tight.  I like the highs as they are pretty extended (for a phone in this price range), but there is no fatigue.  It's like sitting mid hall if you would.  I personally liked the PSB's over the NAD's sound wise and that's in passive mode.  I was able to get a pair for a great deal (B Stock) through Audio Connection in Verona, NJ.  If you guys have any desire to buy PSB's give Johnny a call.  I don't know how many B stock he can get, but he's been written up in CNET as of the most reputable and best dealers in the country and I agree  I have no problem sharing great service with friends:  http://www.audioconnect.com   

I personally enjoy the amp on the PSB's and what folks don't talk about is that it doesn't use much power from the phone in this mode.  If the Senn's wireless worked properly, I would have gone that route, however now I'm happy with what I have.  They are heavy, but they also are balanced and feel just fine over the long haul.  I'd love them to be half the weight and size, but I haven't found a headphone that sounds this good and has all it has that costs what this costs and weights less and is more comfortable.  If I could change something, it would be the cord as well as offering real leather pads.  

I can't wait to hear what a great cord will do with the sound, but I have some ideas and they are all positive.  

Are you talking about the PSB M4U1, or M4U2?

And what did you like more about the PSBs over the HP50s soundwise?

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #2,016 of 3,671
People complaining about 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 stutters, just downgrade to 10.10.2. All you guys have to do is search for Yosemite 10.10.2 burn it into an USB Pen Drive, and install it (all files and data will remain equal, only Photos app will disappear).

Everytime I went past 10.10.2 I had to come back in order to be able to use the headphones without skipping / stutter. I think it's the bluetooth driver version.

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #2,017 of 3,671
  People complaining about 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 stutters, just downgrade to 10.10.2. All you guys have to do is search for Yosemite 10.10.2 burn it into an USB Pen Drive, and install it (all files and data will remain equal, only Photos app will disappear).

Everytime I went past 10.10.2 I had to come back in order to be able to use the headphones without skipping / stutter. I think it's the bluetooth driver version.

For me to revert to 10.10.2 to accommodate the M2, that I would probably use maybe 5% of the time, isn't worth the effort. I have other and better means for listening to audio from my Mac. I just wish that Apple would undo/fix whatever was done, so the M2 would be an option again.

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #2,018 of 3,671
For me to revert to 10.10.2 to accommodate the M2, that I would probably use maybe 5% of the time, isn't worth the effort. I have other and better means for listening to audio from my Mac. I just wish that Apple would undo/fix whatever was done, so the M2 would be an option again.

I understand your point of view. For me it's an easy task since I kept an USB Drive with 10.10.2. It takes 30 minutes to revert Yosemite version and Bluetooth driver. And since M2's are my only pair of headphones atm, 30 minutes are obviously a short amount of time and takes such a little effort. =)

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #2,019 of 3,671
I understand your point of view. For me it's an easy task since I kept an USB Drive with 10.10.2. It takes 30 minutes to revert Yosemite version and Bluetooth driver. And since M2's are my only pair of headphones atm, 30 minutes are obviously a short amount of time and takes such a little effort. =)

Is the 10.10.2/ M2 pairing completely stable? Its been awhile, so maybe my memory has built it up to be better than it really was. 

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,023 of 3,671
Not that I'm aware of - and I just checked newegg.ca and did not find any of the new M2s. Are you sure it wasn't a wired V1 on-ear? They list v1s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back