Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 18, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #1,576 of 3,671
Has anyone managed to fix the issue with using their momentum wireless with a MacBook on Yosemite 10.3.3?

Just received my headphones yesterday and so much stutter on my MacBook Pro yet absolutely perfect with my iPhone 6 plus and can even have my phone in a different room without any stutter issues.

I have purchased an avantree Saturn pro Bluetooth transmitter for my iPod classic and I was wondering about whether this might work bet in my MacBook Pro as the Bluetooth transmitter

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #1,577 of 3,671
You can play with this number I guess... http://lifehacker.com/fix-your-bluetooth-audio-in-yosemite-with-this-terminal-1670380974

Apr 18, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #1,579 of 3,671
Since the Yosemite 10.10.3 update, the M2s are basically useless with a MBP using BT. I was hoping that the supplemental Yosemite update, released a couple of days ago, would secretly address the BT problem but unfortunately not.  

Apr 18, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #1,580 of 3,671
Have you tried using this? If you have then what number setting did you find best? I had a quick go last night but couldn't find any major improvements

No, I don't own a Mac, I just read it on the stackexchange forums. A blog that linked to the mentioned page also said it corrected stuttering for them:

It's an issue with the amount of power/bandwidth supplied to the BluetoothAudioAgent. Apparently most people have had success by entering the following command in terminal.app:

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" -int 40

Source: http://lifehacker.com/fix-your-bluetooth-audio-in-yosemite-with-this-terminal-1670380974

The source article lists Yosemite as the specific OS this applies to, but I know that this fix also works back to Mavericks and (possibly) Snow Leopard (untested).

I am having this exact issue at the moment and entered that command with non-noticeable results. I'm going to reboot the machine and see if that takes the new settings into account. But it seems like this command is the way that the wide majority of people have resolved this issue.

EDIT: Just rebooted, the audio quality is significantly better. No noticeable choppiness whatsoever (knock on wood). It appears that the command I posted above does seem to resolve the issue.

Source: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/167245/yosemite-bluetooth-audio-is-choppy-skips

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #1,581 of 3,671
Have you tried using this? If you have then what number setting did you find best? I had a quick go last night but couldn't find any major improvements

It worked for me with some other Sennheiser bluetooth headphones. I used 40 which iIRC is the proposed starting value in the article. I didn't need to go any higher. But I'm not using any other bluetooth devices.

Here are all my settings:

$ defaults read com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent
{
    "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" = 64;
    "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" = 40;
    "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" = 30;
    "Stream - Flush Ring on Packet Drop (editable)" = 0;
    "Stream - Max Outstanding Packets (editable)" = 30;
    "Stream Resume Delay" = "0.75";
}

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,583 of 3,671
Nc BETTER than the Bose?????? Along with the bose sounding BETTER than the m2???? That alone tells me this guy is an idiot.

I usually find myself in agreement with Tyll but not this time, I thought the nc was probably on par with the qc25 but i would disagree that the qc25 sounds better. In passive mode its no contest the m2s win hands down, in active mode its closer but i still thought the m2s were a clear winner.

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,584 of 3,671
I usually find myself in agreement with Tyll but not this time, I thought the nc was probably on par with the qc25 but i would disagree that the qc25 sounds better. In passive mode its no contest the m2s win hands down, in active mode its closer but i still thought the m2s were a clear winner.

Sq is not even close. Sorry, but i have lost all respect for Tyll.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #1,585 of 3,671
Nc BETTER than the Bose?????? Along with the bose sounding BETTER than the m2???? That alone tells me this guy is an idiot.

He wrote: "The noise canceling was excellent, almost as good as the Bose QC25.".
Which part of "almost" did you miss? :)
By the way, there is a difference in how someone like Tyll can listen to headphones, having tested (and I mean TESTED, also with objective instrument measurements) and anyway surely listened to as many Headphones as you cannot even dream of, or how you can.
And, he's got his style, and his preferences. The fact that he affirms that the MEElectronics Air Fi Matrix 2 are the ones to go, and he prefers their sound to the M2, reveals which kind of ideology of sound and preferences/tastes he has got. Which is his right, as much as you have the right to have your tastes.
I personally have another ideology and I consider the Matrix 2 a sub-paar headphones because it cannot produce a realistic amount of bass and as soon as you boost them they distort very badly, which means, yes, out of the box they are balanced as most reviewers like (which is another thing I disagree with, as I consider the uncoloured signature NOT objectively better than the slightly coloured one), but it can please ONLY those people. As soon as anybody wants more warmth or bass, they have no flexibility.
While other headphones can be retuned much more with an EQ and adapt to the tastes of many more people, and I prefer them, even if out of the box they may sound more coloured, at least till this clour is not extreme.

But Tyll is very far from being an idiot.
One thing is David of Cnet rating the ****ty Beats Studio Wireless 4 stars and the good Plantronics Backbeat Pro 3.5, and putting the Beats in a list of the Best headphones in the word, mixed with Beyerdynamics, HiFiman, Audeze etc. THIS is idiot.
But what Tyll does is something else.
By the way, he did NOT say that the Bose sound always better. He said they sound a BIT better with noise cancelling active, while the Momentum sound better in passive mode.
When HE talks of better, he talks of the overall sound QUALITY (detail, transparence, etc) and of a balanced, flat sound signature.
Most consumers do not want a flat signature, they find it boring. I find it boring too. But, reviewers are reviewers.
It took me testing more than 30 BT Headphones to understand some things a bit more.

So, watch your tongue :wink:

He said it, in passive mode the Momentum win. In Active, he finds the Bose a bit better. I wrote above the reasons I think he may be saying so.
If you try the MEElectronics Matrix 2 you will understand more about him.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #1,586 of 3,671
He wrote: "The noise canceling was excellent, almost as good as the Bose QC25.".
Which part of "almost" did you miss? :)
By the way, there is a difference in how someone like Tyll can listen to headphones, having tested (and I mean TESTED, also with objective instrument measurements) and anyway surely listened to as many Headphones as you cannot even dream of, or how you can.
And, he's got his style, and his preferences. The fact that he affirms that the MEElectronics Air Fi Matrix 2 are the ones to go, and he prefers their sound to the M2, reveals which kind of ideology of sound and preferences/tastes he has got. Which is his right, as much as you have the right to have your tastes.
I personally have another ideology and I consider the Matrix 2 a sub-paar headphones because it cannot produce a realistic amount of bass and as soon as you boost them they distort very badly, which means, yes, out of the box they are balanced as most reviewers like (which is another thing I disagree with, as I consider the uncoloured signature NOT objectively better than the slightly coloured one), but it can please ONLY those people. As soon as anybody wants more warmth or bass, they have no flexibility.

While other headphones can be retuned much more with an EQ and adapt to the tastes of many more people, and I prefer them, even if out of the box they may sound more coloured, at least till this clour is not extreme.

But Tyll is very far from being an idiot.
One thing is David of Cnet rating the ****ty Beats Studio Wireless 4 stars and the good Plantronics Backbeat Pro 3.5, and putting the Beats in a list of the Best headphones in the word, mixed with Beyerdynamics, HiFiman, Audeze etc. THIS is idiot.
But what Tyll does is something else.
By the way, he did NOT say that the Bose sound always better. He said they sound a BIT better with noise cancelling active, while the Momentum sound better in passive mode.
When HE talks of better, he talks of the overall sound QUALITY (detail, transparence, etc) and of a balanced, flat sound signature.
Most consumers do not want a flat signature, they find it boring. I find it boring too. But, reviewers are reviewers.
It took me testing more than 30 BT Headphones to understand some things a bit more.

So, watch your tongue :wink:

He said it, in passive mode the Momentum win. In Active, he finds the Bose a bit better. I wrote above the reasons I think he may be saying so.

If you try the MEElectronics Matrix 2 you will understand more about him.

Sorry, but the bose sound like $hit. Thats a fact, and in turn makes him an IDIOT.

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #1,587 of 3,671
Sorry, but the bose sound like $hit. Thats a fact, and in turn makes him an IDIOT.

I reserve the right to decide which of you two is the idiot till I will try both headphones, the Bose qc25 and the momentum around ear wireless, in wired active mode.

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,588 of 3,671

I thought he hit some  points correctly, and some wrong too.. The bottom line is, all of it is "subjective"..

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,590 of 3,671
Hi, i need help of people more expert of me and have some questions, i would buy the sennheiser momentum 2 wireless but i read there are some problems with the bluetooth connection, i have an iphone 6 so my question is if i can have problem, i live in naples (i'm italian) and i have to use the momentum in the train and the metro so i want know the powerful of the anc, i will hear the noise of the train?, i have other questions, because of iphone haven't apt-x technologies, there are better headphones of me? i need headphone with bluetooth connection, noise canceling, over head, but also with a good quality of sound, finally i listen rock music, punk, nu metal, so headphone that are better for this genre of music, so the question is if i have to buy sennheiser or others, and which others?, sorry for the bad english and the long text, thank you for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back