Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 17, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,561 of 3,671
If you are using the mobile side you can't do that, hence my successive posts.

Jim

Huh? Just press quote on all the posts you want to quote, and then on "quote X and reply". Works with the default skin I get on my mobile phone at least.

I was referring to another person posting 4 successive posts tho, somehow I ended up double posting it. The irony... :)

Now that is slick. Thanks for the info. Sorry for "but it doesn't work that way" comment.

Jim

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #1,562 of 3,671
My quick thoughts after the first 30min of listening to the wireless momentum from my S5: Booming midbass bump conceals the mids. It thumps like a cheap car sub. I was listening to some Opeth and literally could not make out some guitar lines I know are there. I’m not talking background stuff but rather the main guitar lines. Sixteenth notes turned into one lengthy line of mush. I’m not sure who thought this was acceptable for a $500 item. The good: The noise cancelation doesn’t bother my ears and it works great for background sound like my office cooling system. They’re relatively small and light. The Bluetooth works well for me. I bet these are good for gaming. Bottom line is these seem wildly inappropriate for anything but the most casual listening, gaming, and talking on the phone.

Do these break in at all? 

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #1,563 of 3,671
  My quick thoughts after the first 30min of listening to the wireless momentum from my S5: Booming midbass bump conceals the mids. It thumps like a cheap car sub. I was listening to some Opeth and literally could not make out some guitar lines I know are there. I’m not talking background stuff but rather the main guitar lines. Sixteenth notes turned into one lengthy line of mush. I’m not sure who thought this was acceptable for a $500 item. The good: The noise cancelation doesn’t bother my ears and it works great for background sound like my office cooling system. They’re relatively small and light. The Bluetooth works well for me. I bet these are good for gaming. Bottom line is these seem wildly inappropriate for anything but the most casual listening, gaming, and talking on the phone.

My first impression of the M2s was the same as yours. However, after several days of using the M2s, in my case, they turn into a "Clark Kent to Superman".. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,564 of 3,671

Are you listening with the cable or wirelessly? In wired mode they are as you describe, i was shocked when i first tried them on. Wirelessly they are fine, a bit on the colored side but definitely more Sennheiser sounding

My first impression of the M2s was the same as yours. However, after several days of using the M2s, in my case, they turn into a "Clark Kent to Superman".. 

Not at all, you're simply adapting

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,567 of 3,671
  I was listening to some Opeth and literally could not make out some guitar lines I know are there. I’m not talking background stuff but rather the main guitar lines. Sixteenth notes turned into one lengthy line of mush.

Could you specify the song and the time period for the artifacts you mention? I'd like to do some A/B with my M2's and my X2's just to see if I can pick up what you mean.

I bet these are good for gaming.

People are reporting problems with the headset going into some low quality audio mode when the microphone is activated through bluetooth. I don't know if it is possible to use the microphone wired with a M1/M2 wired-version of the cable, though.
  Are you listening with the cable or wirelessly? In wired mode they are as you describe, i was shocked when i first tried them on. Wirelessly they are fine, a bit on the colored side but definitely more Sennheiser sounding

(As stated before), I agree. The wired modes are not for me with this headset, bloated bass dominates the sound.

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,568 of 3,671
  Could you specify the song and the time period for the artifacts you mention? I'd like to do some A/B with my M2's and my X2's just to see if I can pick up what you mean.

People are reporting problems with the headset going into some low quality audio mode when the microphone is activated through bluetooth. 

Try Bleak, where the guitar line comes in at the :20 mark. I don't listen much straight out of my phone, so that could be part of the issue...

The bit about the mic issues is a major bummer.

I was listening in wireless mode. /shrug

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,569 of 3,671

Try Bleak, where the guitar line comes in at the :20 mark. I don't listen much straight out of my phone, so that could be part of the issue...

The bit about the mic issues is a major bummer.

I was listening in wireless mode. /shrug

Tried listening to it with 2 wired headphones (Phillips Fidelio X2 Sennheiser HD 555) and through Fiio E7 DAC/amp with 3 different streaming services (Tidal 1411 kbps flac, Spotify 320 kbps, Wimp 320 kps) and the M2 wireless with Tidal Flac, and to me that guitar line sounds really recessed with all 3 until the riffs at 0:28, then recessed again at 0:32 and so on.

Sounds the most recessed with the HD555, then M2, then X2 (which is a $300 wired, open-back headphone).

Are you sure you're not using some amp that heavily alters the sound signature for your wired setup?

Heh, the M2's sound really treblish after I spend some minutes with my X2, reminds me of the impression I first got of them. After a few minutes of brain burn-in they are fine again tho :)

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #1,573 of 3,671

Not at all, you're simply adapting

Whatever it is, it is dam GOOD!! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #1,575 of 3,671

I found the booming bass in both wired and wireless mode when I tried it. It was defintiely stronger wired though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back