Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 18, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #1,592 of 3,671

I reserve the right to decide which of you two is the idiot till I will try both headphones, the Bose qc25 and the momentum around ear wireless, in wired active mode.

I have tried both. In terms of sound quality the Bose is not even close to the Momentum Wireless. The detail and clarity and soundstage were far superior on the Momentum. Subjective preference wise I would pick the Bose because I found its bass less boomy and overpowered than the Momentum but even with ANC on in terms of overall sound quality there was no comparison. Same goes for the the NC. The QC25 was far superior to the Momentum overall though there were certain frequencies where the Momentum did shine. If his tests focussed on those frequencies (or a certain type of sound) then maybe that would explain why he rated the Momentum's NC so high. I am a bit surprised by that review myself. I've never personally considered his opinions when I was looking for a set of headphones because I found out very early that his tastes weren't the same as mine (Tim Gideon from pcmag seems to match me the closest) but he is usually very objective and detailed in his tests. He was detailed here as well but his findings go against pretty much every other review I have read both professional and user ie. the Bose are unrivalled in NC but don't sound anywhere near as good as proper hi fi headphones. Heck they aren't even being advertised for their sound quality. The QC25 though is definitely a step up fo Bose. The sound quality with NC on has improved a fair bit over their older models.

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #1,593 of 3,671
Lol. Thanks

beerchug.gif

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #1,594 of 3,671
I can't get the Momentum to connect to my pc with Bluetooth. My motherboard has Bluetooth 4.0 and can connect to my Roku just fine, but it doesn't see the headphones as a device. I feel like I've tried everything. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Apr 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #1,595 of 3,671
  I can't get the Momentum to connect to my pc with Bluetooth. My motherboard has Bluetooth 4.0 and can connect to my Roku just fine, but it doesn't see the headphones as a device. I feel like I've tried everything. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Sounds obvious but did you try putting it in pairing mode? That is after turning them on hold down the power button for like 5 seconds until the LED flashed red and blue.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #1,597 of 3,671
  Hi, i need help of people more expert of me and have some questions, i would buy the sennheiser momentum 2 wireless but i read there are some problems with the bluetooth connection, i have an iphone 6 so my question is if i can have problem, i live in naples (i'm italian) and i have to use the momentum in the train and the metro so i want know the powerful of the anc, i will hear the noise of the train?, i have other questions, because of iphone haven't apt-x technologies, there are better headphones of me? i need headphone with bluetooth connection, noise canceling, over head, but also with a good quality of sound, finally i listen rock music, punk, nu metal, so headphone that are better for this genre of music, so the question is if i have to buy sennheiser or others, and which others?, sorry for the bad english and the long text, thank you for the help

Audio stability is much better for me on the iPhone 6.  If you plan on using a Macbook a lot I would not recommend this headphone, which is a shame as that is how you get apt-x.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #1,598 of 3,671
  Hi, i need help of people more expert of me and have some questions, i would buy the sennheiser momentum 2 wireless but i read there are some problems with the bluetooth connection, i have an iphone 6 so my question is if i can have problem, i live in naples (i'm italian) and i have to use the momentum in the train and the metro so i want know the powerful of the anc, i will hear the noise of the train?, i have other questions, because of iphone haven't apt-x technologies, there are better headphones of me? i need headphone with bluetooth connection, noise canceling, over head, but also with a good quality of sound, finally i listen rock music, punk, nu metal, so headphone that are better for this genre of music, so the question is if i have to buy sennheiser or others, and which others?, sorry for the bad english and the long text, thank you for the help

My advice would to pick the headphones, more than on brand would be better, and try them out for yourself.. The advice you get will steer you in the right directions, but your ears will override advice, if they conflict, and tell you really what is best to your liking..Also, you can check how good they connect too.

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #1,599 of 3,671
Got my cans in the mail today. Bluetooth issues? Iffy. They stutter sometimes when there is interference. Using my Macbook Air 2014 and iOS8.0.1 Jailbroken iPhone 6 as sources. Noise cancellation doesn't "lose track" like some users here. Whenever I have a bit of stuttering with my phone, it's usually right after I lock it and put it in my pocket. But it quickly goes away after a second or two. Will report more later on. Otherwise, the sound quality is superb, especially for a bluetooth headset. Significantly better than my old Sony MDR-1RBT's.

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #1,600 of 3,671
For anyone in the UK the M2.0 Around ears are £189.99 at pixmania at the moment. I picked up a pair to go with my iBasso DX50

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #1,601 of 3,671
  For anyone in the UK the M2.0 Around ears are £189.99 at pixmania at the moment. I picked up a pair to go with my iBasso DX50

I cannot find them.

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #1,603 of 3,671
  http://www.pixmania.co.uk/lightweight-headphones/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-g-black-audio-headset/22515772-a.html

AH, I thought you were speaking of the wireless model. I would have bought it immediately.

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #1,605 of 3,671
  Got my cans in the mail today. Bluetooth issues? Iffy. They stutter sometimes when there is interference. Using my Macbook Air 2014 and iOS8.0.1 Jailbroken iPhone 6 as sources. Noise cancellation doesn't "lose track" like some users here. Whenever I have a bit of stuttering with my phone, it's usually right after I lock it and put it in my pocket. But it quickly goes away after a second or two. Will report more later on. Otherwise, the sound quality is superb, especially for a bluetooth headset. Significantly better than my old Sony MDR-1RBT's.

Congrats, I rate my M2s better than my Sony MDR 1RBT MK2, which is a upgrade from the Sony MDR 1RBT..

IMO, the cans will get a little better with some break in too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back