Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 31, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,186 of 3,671
Note 4, note 3 and galaxy s3....all have issues in manhattan.

So far, all our iPhones; 5S, 6 Plus, iPads and Macbook Pros have worked with the M2 at home, in Starbucks, and on Subways.
I have taken the iPhone 6 Plus with me on trips to Hong Kong twice.  Once in a while, when I plug in an external device, I may experience a click or pop, but bluetooth connection has been solid throughout.

During my daily runs on the upper west side over the last three weeks with iPhone 6 plus and M2, I have had no issues.  I am also used to the feature where I can head sirens or fast approaching cars, dogs and sudden sharp noise.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #1,187 of 3,671

So far, all our iPhones; 5S, 6 Plus, iPads and Macbook Pros have worked with the M2 at home, in Starbucks, and on Subways.
I have taken the iPhone 6 Plus with me on trips to Hong Kong twice.  Once in a while, when I plug in an external device, I may experience a click or pop, but bluetooth connection has been solid throughout.

During my daily runs on the upper west side over the last three weeks with iPhone 6 plus and M2, I have had no issues.  I am also used to the feature where I can head sirens or fast approaching cars, dogs and sudden sharp noise.

Wow! Really? Any chance you could check around 47st and 9,10, or 11 ave??? I get horrendous stuttering, on my 3rd set.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #1,188 of 3,671

Wow! Really? Any chance you could check around 47st and 9,10, or 11 ave??? I get horrendous stuttering, on my 3rd set.

The area from B&H Photo, Penn Station and up through the Trump condos on the west side including the area you cited are known to be problem areas for wireless users.  Often, I get delayed emails and messages on my devices while I am doing business there.
I do not run around that area but my car does experience bluetooth issues everytime I park near Penn Station.  This could explain your problem with your M2.
Cell phone calls operates at a slightly different spectrum than your bluetooth.  Your calls and texting may have no issues.

My path is from 80st Riverside Drive up to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  No issues here with M2.
No issues with BT on the #1,2,3,E,F,7 (above or below ground), L, LL, 4,5,6, B,and D trains.
No issues on AMTRAK to DC
No issues also flying at JFK to HK, JFK to London.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,190 of 3,671
Has anyone compared these to the b&w p7? I love the sound of the P7, but comfort is a little less than desired for me.

I have the P7 and they are too tight for me.  The M2 is a lot more comfortable and compact enough for travel.
Their sound is not that unlike.  The bass of the P7 is cleaner.  The soundstaging on the M2 is more like HD800 (my benchmark for the most speaker like can).  mids and highs on both are similar.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #1,191 of 3,671
I have the P7 and they are too tight for me.  The M2 is a lot more comfortable and compact enough for travel.
Their sound is not that unlike.  The bass of the P7 is cleaner.  The soundstaging on the M2 is more like HD800 (my benchmark for the most speaker like can).  mids and highs on both are similar.
That sounds fantastic! Especially the part about the soundstage

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #1,192 of 3,671
So I was finally able to order the M2 wireless yesterday and received them today. I've had limited time with them, but here are some preliminary impressions:

1. They look and feel amazing out of the box. Really nice materials. I got the white ones.
2. These are my first ever wireless headphones. In the last few hours I've used them with my MacBook Pro at the office, with my iPhone 5S on the commute home including a train ride and walk / bike ride through central Amsterdam, and now on my iPad Air 2. Bluetooth connection has been flawless so far (knock on wood).
3. At first the ANC effect seemed quite mild compared to my Bose QC15 that I use when flying, but I noticed that I could keep the volume low on the train and still hear the music well. And the bike ride home was extremely dangerous as I really didn't hear any outside noise, so I'd say the ANC so far seems fairly decent.
4. Take this with a huge grain of salt, but so far I'm not blown away by the sound. It's too early to conclude anything, of course, as I need time for my brain to burn-in. There just hasn't been a 'wow moment' in terms of sound yet. Although I have great neutral headphones at home, my previous portables were M100s, which I have enjoyed despite the huge bass emphasis (they're pretty spacious and detailed sounding too). I'm certainly going to give myself some time to get used to the M2 signature.
5. I experimented briefly with listening to them wired, both with ANC on and off, and connected directly to the iPad Air 2 and through my Leckerton DAC/Amp. As others have mentioned, with ANC off there seems to be a slightly less even signature, with a bit more bass. They sound better on. In a very brief test I didn't sense a clear difference between wireless and wired (with ANC on), which surprised me.

Basically, first impressions are good, but these are very preliminary impressions. Thought I'd share, though, as I've been looking forward to these and am a little excited. :)

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,193 of 3,671

That sounds fantastic! Especially the part about the soundstage

P7 bass can get a bit overwhelming, too much mid-bass hump.  In comparison, M2 wireless bass (in active mode) is more balanced with the rest of the spectrum (and sub-bass) and the most important - Senns has a more organic mids/treble in comparison to P7.  To my ears, P7 sounds more on a colored side.  When it comes to soundstage, M2 wireless (in active) wins hands down.  Also, P7 clamping force is whole lot stronger and less comfortable for extended listening period.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,194 of 3,671
So I was finally able to order the M2 wireless yesterday and received them today. I've had limited time with them, but here are some preliminary impressions:

1. They look and feel amazing out of the box. Really nice materials. I got the white ones.
2. These are my first ever wireless headphones. In the last few hours I've used them with my MacBook Pro at the office, with my iPhone 5S on the commute home including a train ride and walk / bike ride through central Amsterdam, and now on my iPad Air 2. Bluetooth connection has been flawless so far (knock on wood).
3. At first the ANC effect seemed quite mild compared to my Bose QC15 that I use when flying, but I noticed that I could keep the volume low on the train and still hear the music well. And the bike ride home was extremely dangerous as I really didn't hear any outside noise, so I'd say the ANC so far seems fairly decent.
4. Take this with a huge grain of salt, but so far I'm not blown away by the sound. It's too early to conclude anything, of course, as I need time for my brain to burn-in. There just hasn't been a 'wow moment' in terms of sound yet. Although I have great neutral headphones at home, my previous portables were M100s, which I have enjoyed despite the huge bass emphasis (they're pretty spacious and detailed sounding too). I'm certainly going to give myself some time to get used to the M2 signature.
5. I experimented briefly with listening to them wired, both with ANC on and off, and connected directly to the iPad Air 2 and through my Leckerton DAC/Amp. As others have mentioned, with ANC off there seems to be a slightly less even signature, with a bit more bass. They sound better on. In a very brief test I didn't sense a clear difference between wireless and wired (with ANC on), which surprised me.

Basically, first impressions are good, but these are very preliminary impressions. Thought I'd share, though, as I've been looking forward to these and am a little excited.
smily_headphones1.gif

They need burn in, out of the box it wasn't as refined as after 50hr.  Personally, I don't trust brain burn in, and just leave them playing in the loop wired for two days non-stop.  Come back after two days and check them out!

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #1,195 of 3,671

Basically, first impressions are good, but these are very preliminary impressions. Thought I'd share, though, as I've been looking forward to these and am a little excited.
smily_headphones1.gif

i must be missing this function.  How do you get active noise cancelling with wired mode?

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,197 of 3,671
  Turn them on with the wire plugged in. :)

OMG!!!!

i cannot believe I have not tried this mode.
Just connected it to the Hugo after a few minutes on iPhone 6 plus using this function.
What is this called?

anyway.  With Macbook Pro to Hugo using Jena Labs StreamDancer USB2 and M2 using supplied thin wire, the staging is improved over no power.

I can still hear 2 loud Bloomberg terminals and people on the floor, but the ANC with wire does lower them enough for me to enjoy the quiet beginnings of Impressions de France Impressions de France from EPCOT France.

Thanks!

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #1,198 of 3,671

The area from B&H Photo, Penn Station and up through the Trump condos on the west side including the area you cited are known to be problem areas for wireless users.  Often, I get delayed emails and messages on my devices while I am doing business there.
I do not run around that area but my car does experience bluetooth issues everytime I park near Penn Station.  This could explain your problem with your M2.
Cell phone calls operates at a slightly different spectrum than your bluetooth.  Your calls and texting may have no issues.

My path is from 80st Riverside Drive up to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  No issues here with M2.
No issues with BT on the #1,2,3,E,F,7 (above or below ground), L, LL, 4,5,6, B,and D trains.
No issues on AMTRAK to DC
No issues also flying at JFK to HK, JFK to London.

Hey paulchiu! Just made an account to ask you this. You mentioned you visited Hong Kong with the M2 wireless. Did you use in downtown Hong Kong (popular places like Central, Causeway Bay etc)?

Were there any bluetooth issues that you experienced while in HK?

I'm looking to buy these but like others, the bluetooth issue has been holding me back.

Thanks!

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #1,199 of 3,671

Hey paulchiu! Just made an account to ask you this. You mentioned you visited Hong Kong with the M2 wireless. Did you use in downtown Hong Kong (popular places like Central, Causeway Bay etc)?

Were there any bluetooth issues that you experienced while in HK?

I'm looking to buy these but like others, the bluetooth issue has been holding me back.

Thanks!

hey, good afternoon flava.

On one trip, I used the BT during the entire taxi ride from airport to the Harbour Grand Kowloon in Whampoa Garden.

Later that day, I took rides in the Kowloon subway using BT with my iPhone 6 plus.  Some stations were Jordan, Kowloon Bay, Mong Kok and Kwai Fong.  In the evening, I took Star Ferry over to HK.  Visited the Apple store and Mall.  M2 worked on the ferry as well as inside the Apple store and in the Central Malls.  I did not get the chance to walk the streets or run with them.

During the second trip, again they worked during my cab ride from the airport to my hotel.  This time to Royal Park Hotel in Shatin.  Later i went to see sunset at big buddha in Lantau.  In some of that car ride, i used the BT as well.  no issues.

hope this helps.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #1,200 of 3,671
So i am on my 4th pair (got sucked back in due to a ridiculous price on amazon), and well....i have a love hate relationship with these things.
Love....sound, comfort, looks, and battery life???? WOW! 30 hrs on a single charge, thats just insane.
Hate....the damn bt issues in the city. 4 different phones, 4 different headphones, all have bt skips and stutters. Also the anc popping i found due to bumping up the bass. Any type of sound that creates a pressure make the headphones thump or pop. All bass enhancement off, and its very minimal. Strange. I can live with these issues at the price i paid, but at full retail, senn should be ashamed of themselves. Its unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back