Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 1, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #1,201 of 3,671
At this very moment, buysonic.com has the M2 Wireless, Black for $379.99 $2 shipping.. 2 in stock

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,202 of 3,671
Can someone please answer?

And how would you generally rate the Momentum 2.0, vs Parrot ZIK 2.0 and the Sony ones?

Just my take, the Parrot ZIK 2.0 works nice with Apple products nd you have run some configuratiion app.

Since I am all andriod, the Zik doesn't have aptx, and won't even consider it, for simple reason I play flac off my smartphone. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #1,203 of 3,671
So i am on my 4th pair (got sucked back in due to a ridiculous price on amazon), and well....i have a love hate relationship with these things.
Love....sound, comfort, looks, and battery life???? WOW! 30 hrs on a single charge, thats just insane.
Hate....the damn bt issues in the city. 4 different phones, 4 different headphones, all have bt skips and stutters. Also the anc popping i found due to bumping up the bass. Any type of sound that creates a pressure make the headphones thump or pop. All bass enhancement off, and its very minimal. Strange. I can live with these issues at the price i paid, but at full retail, senn should be ashamed of themselves. Its unacceptable.

Wow, so you now you are fully in the M2 Owner's Camp... Welcome!!!!
biggrin.gif

BTW, I did encounter some stutters when I was doing my downtown Baltimore, MD walk(Not Manhattan)
biggrin.gif

But, they were just a few stutters when I was under about 5 or 6 traffic lights at an intersection around tall buildings too.

Never any DROPPED CONNECTIONS. Just those few interference stutters...

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,204 of 3,671
So i am on my 4th pair (got sucked back in due to a ridiculous price on amazon), and well....i have a love hate relationship with these things.
Love....sound, comfort, looks, and battery life???? WOW! 30 hrs on a single charge, thats just insane.
Hate....the damn bt issues in the city. 4 different phones, 4 different headphones, all have bt skips and stutters. Also the anc popping i found due to bumping up the bass. Any type of sound that creates a pressure make the headphones thump or pop. All bass enhancement off, and its very minimal. Strange. I can live with these issues at the price i paid, but at full retail, senn should be ashamed of themselves. Its unacceptable.

Just sent my 1st pair back due to BT issue.

I'm in a similar boat; gonna at least try a 2nd pair also due to the lower price I got on amazon.

Only problem is now the M2 wireless are backordered 1 to 3 months. Perhaps it means Sennheiser found the issue and is fixing it in the next production batch?

Have to wait and see if the the BT issue is fixed . Should give me some time to research the Denon GC20 as an alternative.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #1,205 of 3,671

I'm in a similar boat; gonna at least try a 2nd pair also due to the lower price I got on amazon.

Only problem is now the M2 wireless are backordered 1 to 3 months. Perhaps it means Sennheiser found the issue and is fixing it in the next production batch?

Have to wait and see if the the BT issue is fixed . Should give me some time to research the Denon GC20 as an alternative.

I dont think there will be a fix. I believe its a design flaw.

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #1,206 of 3,671
Picked up a pair of Ivory Over Ears today. Loving them so far. They aren't as awesome as my RS1i but they are very nice, portable, and quiet. Can't use my open backs out of the house. Not sure whether to run wired or wireless on my iPhone. Have mostly been wireless so far. Wired might have too much bass. Will see. Will try wired later. Only used at home, and city car park. Not BT issues so far.

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,207 of 3,671
Just ordered a pair of the m2 wired in black. I will be comparing to the b&w p7. I'm hoping this will draw my search for a fantastic portable to an end. I did direct comparisons to the pm-3, t51i, and momentum m2 already. I sent my first pair back do to defective driver. So far, for me the P7 is king, but comfort is a little on the poor side.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #1,209 of 3,671

So what happen to all of us who ordered first batch? We were the first to put out cold hard cash because we had faith in their brand/product and now there might be a design issue where I have a defectived headset?

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #1,210 of 3,671
So what happen to all of us who ordered first batch? We were the first to put out cold hard cash because we had faith in their brand/product and now there might be a design issue where I have a defectived headset?

Theres not gonna be a fix. Not sure why people are making these things up. Its a flaw in the product. Either deal with it, or get something else.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #1,212 of 3,671
There are people that simply are not having any BT reception issues, otherwise I'm sure there would be more exposure of this problem elsewhere.  I've only seen maybe 10 on this thread alone, some have tried RMA'ing for a new set and still have had issues.  I'm not sure whats going on. 
I don't think he was giving you attitude, he himself is on his 4th pair and its gotta be hella frustrating.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #1,214 of 3,671
There are people that simply are not having any BT reception issues, otherwise I'm sure there would be more exposure of this problem elsewhere.  I've only seen maybe 10 on this thread alone, some have tried RMA'ing for a new set and still have had issues.  I'm not sure whats going on. 
I don't think he was giving you attitude, he himself is on his 4th pair and its gotta be hella frustrating.

Exactly my point. I used my m2's in chicago, no bt issues. Manhattan on the other hand...terrible. And yea, 4 pair, all with the issue, so its def an issue.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #1,215 of 3,671
Random suggestion or thought on this - a friend of mine liked to mod his cars a lot. Older cars with mechanical distributors instead of ECUs. His cars invariably had filthy electronics in them to the extent that the RFI interrupted our tv signals when he picked me up. Drove my dad nuts when I lived with my parents :)

What I'm wondering is, are BT products genuinely at fault, or is it that there are other things that are outside the scope of reasonable tolerances influencing things? I don't use BT, so I have no real experience with products to know how different brands compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back