Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 5, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #212 of 3,671
  Ok, so I have to amend my review from earlier regarding ANC on these cans, because I have now had the opportunity to take these out on a trip. It was not a plane ride, but I drive no less than 3 hours (round trip) per day. In the car I had the defrost fan turned all the way up, and the window open about a quarter, plus the added low hum of going 74 mph on the highway.

I have to say that, at first, with smaller noises, I wasnt so impressed with ANC. But, as I increased the dB level of the noise around me, so too did the ANC step up its game. I thought I was going to have to increase the volume in the headphones to be able to hear my music, but suprisingly I did not. The ANC circuit in these (with the added 4 microphones), did a superb job of blocking most of the sound out. I would say that it blocks about the (Sennheiser) advertised 90% of all noise out.

I am truly impressed that Sennheiser is able to do this good of a job on ANC, and yet not change the sound while it is active. The sound, while in this mode is almost identical to the wired mode, even though it ramps up to 480 ohms from 28 respectively. Great job Sennheiser! This has to be the best BT, ANC, wired, wireless headphone on the market (currently).

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #213 of 3,671
Saw the urbanite xl wireless at a discount.. What's the lowest price on the m2 wireless as of right now? Preferably USD, I am lusting over these atm!

Cheapest I have seen them is at Moon Audio for 449....

Edit: If I edit this enough times, I will get it right eventually ...

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #214 of 3,671
Moon Audio has them... neat! As they do international shipping - so after postage these are $575AUD (after the bank conversion ... $589) which is hell cheaper than the asking $799AUD which Sennheiser Australia is quoting as RRP.

Wormwood

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #215 of 3,671
  Moon Audio has them... neat! As they do international shipping - so after postage these are $575AUD (after the bank conversion ... $589) which is hell cheaper than the asking $799AUD which Sennheiser Australia is quoting as RRP.

Wormwood

Ouch! That is all.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #216 of 3,671
Question for those that own the Momentum Wireless already...I just ordered mine and expect that I will listen mostly in BT mode...I  keep reading that the Wireless mode isn't as loud as wired...I love my music loud so is this something that is a concern?  Not audiophile but love my music...So just looking for an opinion on this...

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #217 of 3,671
  Question for those that own the Momentum Wireless already...I just ordered mine and expect that I will listen mostly in BT mode...I  keep reading that the Wireless mode isn't as loud as wired...I love my music loud so is this something that is a concern?  Not audiophile but love my music...So just looking for an opinion on this...

Really depends on what your source is. Listening to them through the Note 3 (untouched signal), it is not really loud enough for me ( I sometimes like it loud too), but there are ways around that.

To give a comparison (the only BT solution I have tried with Apt-x), the Bose AE2W do not crank near as much as the Senns in BT mode.... So they WILL get decently loud (for most people).

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #218 of 3,671
The selling point on these will be the earcups.. Mine are 6cm high and about 3cm wide. I'm hearing these are 6.35cm high and 3.9cm wide, but that they are not as deep? I guess as a fair comparison, are these bigger than the urbanite xl and Momentums?

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #219 of 3,671
I dont like the new Momentum's looks.  Earcups look so flat and dominated by those large earcups, unlike the old momentum where the earcups look suave.  Hope these sound great as well.  Dont know why average consumers bother with wireless/NC, when wired cans give higher FI... agghhh let the peasants flock then

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #221 of 3,671

Is that wired version? How did u get $575AUD? 

I got a response from aus Sennheiser few days ago.

"Pricing and availability on the new Momentum range hasn't been released as yet, we anticipate they won't be available until the end of March. "

If $799 rrp is enforced in Aus, i wouldn't get the local stock even if it was available right now 

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #222 of 3,671
Here I am complaining about 500 when you Aussies have to pay even more.. For those head-fi vets, how much longer will it take for a deal to pop up on the m2 wireless? I already saw one on the urbanite xl wireless...

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #223 of 3,671
The price I quoted was using Moon Audio's price of $499US + shipping of $45US = $575AUD (1US = 0.77AUD)

I rang Sennheiser Australia about replacement ear pads for an old PC350 that I use at work for my soft-phone, after I had finished I asked to be shifted over to sales. The lady said that they would be on sale in March and that the RRP was $799 or very close to that (with in $10AUD). I thank her and said that I would have time to save my pennies.

This was last week.

So paying an extra $75 odd for conversion and shipping isn't too bad.

Wormwood

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #225 of 3,671
  Really depends on what your source is. Listening to them through the Note 3 (untouched signal), it is not really loud enough for me ( I sometimes like it loud too), but there are ways around that.

To give a comparison (the only BT solution I have tried with Apt-x), the Bose AE2W do not crank near as much as the Senns in BT mode.... So they WILL get decently loud (for most people).

I use IPhone 6 primarily and always with Spotify. Also I know everyone hates Beat Studio (wireless) but they are loud. Are these as loud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back