Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #1,892 of 3,671
Dunno, I just got a generic response and never heard back from them.

Given that some people here have gotten 3 replacement headphones with the same issues, I'm having a hard time believing it's not a design flaw and that they even know what to fix and how to do it.

May 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #1,893 of 3,671

Given that some people here have gotten 3 replacement headphones with the same issues, I'm having a hard time believing it's not a design flaw and that they even know what to fix and how to do it.

Nah, of course they know.
Everybody can make mistakes, but only an idiot cannot fix them, and Sennheiser are not idiot.
They ****ed it up but they know how to fix it.

May 22, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #1,894 of 3,671

Nah, of course they know.
Everybody can make mistakes, but only an idiot cannot fix them, and Sennheiser are not idiot.
They ****ed it up but they know how to fix it.

I'm not sure if they know just yet how to fix them though they are definitely trying to figure it out with the semi recall that has happened. I'm sure once they have figured it out they will announce it to the world and it will be back on the market everywhere.

May 24, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #1,895 of 3,671
How does the over-ear version perform compared to HD 598 or 600 for classical and new age music? It's not on local market so I can't actually try :frowning2: Or should I just wait for 630VB?

PS: I feel worried because it's compared to Sony's on another thread here....

May 25, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #1,896 of 3,671
I just started experiencing persistent sound quality issues very similar to the effect of moving the headset too far away from the connected computer.

-This problem surfaced on after I upgraded OS X to 10.10.3 - this includes come kind of Bluetooth update - I do not know if this package contains a driver update, firmware update or both.

-The Momentum Wireless headset continue to work flawlessly using AptX lossless with my Sony Xperia Z3 Android Phone.
-My Philips Fidelio M2 (my other AptX lossless headset) works without any issues on both the same computer and phone.

Great, we have a some kind of interop problem!

I understand Sennheiser are struggling to get a grip on this if it only affects certain combinations of BT stacks, drivers, chipsets and firmware versions on both sides.

I have high hopes that it is all software-related, and will be checking for Apple updates and/or new Momentum Wireless firmware throughout the summer. 

May 25, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,897 of 3,671

I'm sure there's a design flaw behind this - or maybe something that eventually failed, as this seemed to happen out of nowhere for me.

I've gathered from this thread that the BT Urbanites don't have this problem whatsoever; evidently they figured out the whole Bluetooth 4.0 thing, it's just likely not behaving nicely with the ANC or something.

I'm confident they'll figure it out, but until then I'm anxiously waiting for the wired M2s (and hope their end-of-summer target is realistic).

May 25, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #1,898 of 3,671
Well, what do you know?

I just received my wired M2s in the mail not 10m ago.

Considering they phoned me on Friday, that's pretty hard to beat. While it's pointless to give impressions on sound quality after 10m of listening, I must say at the very least it's a familiar-sounding headset, and an interesting contrast to the B&W P7s I've been using at the office for a while now.

May 26, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,901 of 3,671
Are they shipping out the updated versions already? I'm a bit confused

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but I'll try to clarify:

I shipped my Momentum Wireless back to Sennheiser as per their request - they told me it was going to take until the end of summer to fix the issue. They offered to send me a set of Momentum V2 Wired as a loaner in the meantime. They told me they were going to send the loaners on Friday, and I received them Monday.

May 26, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #1,903 of 3,671
LOL, this response from Senn support was priceless:

Me:
Because the Momentum 2.0's production has been stopped, I am leery of sending my pair off without knowing how long they will be gone.
Do you offer any type of advanced exchange program?

Them:

I'm sorry but we don't have Momentum Bluetooth Wireless in stock so an advanced replacement wouldn't be possible.

Really? I mean (obviously) they are out of stock, but they could have at least offered a timeline or something. I still have hope that Senn will make it right, but I think I might wait to send these in until they are caught up.

May 27, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #1,905 of 3,671
I asked from Sennheiser support when and where could I buy Sennheiser Momentum Wireless, but the reply I got had no information about any issues with the headphones whatsoever. 
confused.gif

Here is the response I got from Sennheiser:

Thank you for contacting the Sennheiser Technical Support Team. For the MOMENTUM Wireless you would typically get the best pricing by using an authorized re-seller like Amazon, Best Buy, Crutchfield, etc however the demand for the MOMENTUM Wireless products has been very high and most retailers are currently sold out and the models are on back order until late July/early August.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any follow up questions.

Have a great day.

I just hope to be able to get a pair before going back to school in August. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back