Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 12, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #1,861 of 3,671

I submitted a case with Sennheiser for the BT issues, and was contacted by their Public Relations Manager confirming that they are taking this very seriously. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Let's hope they take the opportunity to issue a firmware update to allow the ANC to be turned off.  That may be asking too much, as it was clearly a design choice to have ANC enabled with the BT connection, so I suspect they will simply resolve the BT issue, unless that requires turning off the ANC!  

With no BT performance issues and the ability to turn off ANC on BT connections, I would happily repurchase these, much as I really enjoy my Urbanite XL wireless.  If all they do is fix the BT issues, then I'm sticking with their less expensive Sennheiser stable mates, as the ANC makes music all but unlistenable on my daily commute without using them passively.

May 13, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #1,863 of 3,671
  Should I be emailing that support service email listed earlier, or going straight to Senns website and doing it that way?

You can do either. But sending an email to the given service email would possibly help us quickly find the root cause and work on its solution. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 13, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,865 of 3,671
I've just received the Momentum 2 .....after returning Momentum 1 after only 6 days - the rubber slider (that white very small one) on the slide mechanism just came off in one side - shocked to see this ...anyone else experienced that? :)
I will write an email anyway to Senn CS about this
I've ordered the Momentum 2 before the rubber slider problem with the Momentum 1 so now I am a bit concerned ...will they have the same problem, should I return them and buy something else...!?

Momentum 2 PROS:
-in terms of sound they sound pretty much the same as far as I remember the Momentum 1 :)) the bass is slightly boosted , just a tad though  and treble rolled off a bit, I would have preferred more presence , highs 
- the comfort is 10 + ...I was very satisfied with the MOMENTUM  1 also in terms of comfort but the MOMENTUM 2 are fabulous , very very light , no pressure at all , perfect I would say
- they fold perfectly without even moving the cups sliders all the way up as the previous version needed to fit the case

Momentum 2 CONS:
- I ordered the Android version cable and with my HTC One the remote does not work as expected vol+ send me to the prevois track and vol - sends me to the next track, the center button - play/pause
it works though perfect with the Note 4 - all functions of the remote 
strange because on the package and website its clearly stated "Samsung Galaxy, HTC, LG, Sony and others smartphones /tablets"
- I just hope the slide mechanism does last :)
- you receive now only one cable  (not 2 , and no 1/4 jack) . the cable seems the same quality but the remote is plastic and the jack is part plastic part metal - but not that fabulous metal jack from the Momentum 1 - such a disappointment
- the case is smaller and very nice but nowhere near as sturdy as the first momentum had

I guess they cut the costs on cable and case and improved what the customers suggested :)

May 13, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,866 of 3,671

Let's hope they take the opportunity to issue a firmware update to allow the ANC to be turned off.  That may be asking too much, as it was clearly a design choice to have ANC enabled with the BT connection, so I suspect they will simply resolve the BT issue, unless that requires turning off the ANC!  

With no BT performance issues and the ability to turn off ANC on BT connections, I would happily repurchase these, much as I really enjoy my Urbanite XL wireless.  If all they do is fix the BT issues, then I'm sticking with their less expensive Sennheiser stable mates, as the ANC makes music all but unlistenable on my daily commute without using them passively.

Disabling ANC while using BT would be awesome!

May 13, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #1,867 of 3,671
  I've just received the Momentum 2 .....after returning Momentum 1 after only 6 days - the rubber slider (that white very small one) on the slide mechanism just came off in one side - shocked to see this ...anyone else experienced that? :)
I will write an email anyway to Senn CS about this
I've ordered the Momentum 2 before the rubber slider problem with the Momentum 1 so now I am a bit concerned ...will they have the same problem, should I return them and buy something else...!?

Hi PaoloGilberto,

This is strange but please do get in touch with our any of service centers. 

Here's the link - http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 14, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #1,869 of 3,671
Man, that was a long road. 

Well, at least the is good and I'm getting my replacement. Even I had to pay for the postage to return them.

After contacting Addicted to audio in Sydney and getting treated like crap. My friend "Shane" took over and he was more than happy contact the Melbourne store to make an official complaint about how we were treated regarding the scratches on the Sennhesier hologram logo. Both stores were convinced that it was a fingerprint mark (which doesn't make sense because than you should easily be able to rub it off with a cleaning cloth) or that it looked exactly like the demo pairs that they had in store.WE even sent him pictures which clearly showed the marks but he was so convinced that he even sent us pictures of the demo unit he had on hand himself but he deliberately took the pictures in very bad lighting. After asking us for pictures in better lighting.

Therefore Shane (my friend) chose to go straight to the head of the food chain and called Sennheiser himself as we were both were outraged with the service that both stores were giving us. The sales rep "Allan" asked Shane to send images of the obvious scratches to him via text message and within the same day of Allan looking at the pictures. Allan contacted the sales person who served Shane in Sydney who picked up the headphones  and they both decided to offer me a replacement as one time only thing, finally!

I swear you lucky Americans have it easy compared to us Aussies. getting replacements isn't as easy as 1,2,3. You can't simply return something and get your money back simply because you don't like it. Once the packaging has been opened they only accept replacements or refunds for any defects that effect the use of the product. Any cosmetic defects are ridiculously hard to get replacements for. 

May 15, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #1,870 of 3,671

You can do either. But sending an email to the given service email would possibly help us quickly find the root cause and work on its solution. 

I might be mistaken, but judging from the answer I got from my email they just forwarded my support case to a national service center.

May 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #1,873 of 3,671
Hmm, I'm being told that if I send them in now, my order will be shipped out quicker. Also that I have to ship them out in order for them to send one to me. Is that under the advanced exchange program? I'm thinking I just wait until they are in stock, and send them back then.

May 16, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #1,874 of 3,671
   Momentum 2 CONS:
- I ordered the Android version cable and with my HTC One the remote does not work as expected vol+ send me to the prevois track and vol - sends me to the next track, the center button - play/pause

it works though perfect with the Note 4 - all functions of the remote 
strange because on the package and website its clearly stated "Samsung Galaxy, HTC, LG, Sony and others smartphones /tablets"
- I just hope the slide mechanism does last :)
- you receive now only one cable  (not 2 , and no 1/4 jack) . the cable seems the same quality but the remote is plastic and the jack is part plastic part metal - but not that fabulous metal jack from the Momentum 1 - such a disappointment
- the case is smaller and very nice but nowhere near as sturdy as the first momentum had

I guess they cut the costs on cable and case and improved what the customers suggested :)

Same here, HTC One and the volume buttons just switch tracks. I guess it's not too much of a deal since we have volume controls on the side of the HTC One, but yeah I'd prefer if it "just works" like advertized. I'm pretty sure you can still use the Momentum 1 cable if you prefer it (I know I do!).

May 18, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #1,875 of 3,671
I have purchased a pair of these headphones but I too have the same Bluetooth problem just like some other people are having. I called to the shop I bought them from and they exchanged with other set they had in stock with open box.

With the exchanged headphones, it seems they have more volume. Even the lady guidance voice is clear and louder. For the Bluetooth problem, I'm still not sure as I haven't used them in airport and such, but I should know more in two weeks as I will have another business trip to Europe.

I really hope these new set won't have the stuttering problem that previous set had. My finger crossed. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back