Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 29, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #1,921 of 3,671

Hello all,

First time poster. I was going to join and give a post mortem after this whole thing blew over, but this seemed like a good point to jump in.

I bought these headphones and initially they were great. The skipping started, as described, around the time the weather got a little better and no longer wore a leather jacket. The jacket might be a red herring. It got so bad that it would skip with the phone in my pocket; I had to walk with the phone in my hand and my elbow bent in order to get any consistent signal at all.

I emailed Sennheiser asking if there was any way to improve Bluetooth performance (heh), and they responded saying they're taking my issue very seriously and would like me to send my unit to them for repair. I sent it that day. They eventually responded saying they'd be sending a replacement within 5 days.

A week and a half later, I heard nothing from them. I asked them for an update, and they said the replacements are on back-order and should arrive in about 2 weeks. I rolled my eyes and continued on with my life.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from Sennheiser (!). The guy told me that there's a big issue with a lot of these headsets - some are good, some are bad, and this one is bad. He said that this issue's being sent to Germany and unfortunately we're not likely to see a fix until the end of the summer. They did, however, offer to send me a set of M2 Wired headphones as a loaner until then. He said he'd get in touch with me when this is all sorted out to discuss the return of the wired M2s.

So, there you have it. I understand this is a huge pain in the ass and likely isn't acceptable to a lot of people. If you'd rather not deal with this, return your M2 Wireless if you can and check back in at the end of the summer. People might be foaming at the mouth about this, and a $550 set of headphones shouldn't fail catastrophically like this - but heck, if this isn't an example of a company trying to make it right, I don't know what is.

Did you get in contact with their normal customer service?

I still own a pair and while I enjoy them, they do stutter now and again but my macbook is literally in front of me... Very frustrating!

May 29, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #1,922 of 3,671

Did you get in contact with their normal customer service?

I still own a pair and while I enjoy them, they do stutter now and again but my macbook is literally in front of me... Very frustrating!

I do believe I just contacted them through my country's Sennheiser website's webform.

May 29, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #1,923 of 3,671
Just purchased the iOS wired version.  Surprised to see a straight plug.  Every picture I've seen has a right angle plug.  Can anyone else confirm if they have a straight plug?  It's not a deal breaker, but disappointing.

May 29, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #1,924 of 3,671
Mine's angled... are you sure yours has the remote on it?

May 30, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #1,926 of 3,671
Hi, I've been following this thread from day one.  I am going to Japan (finally) in August. I travel a fair amount and have been using Beats Studio's as they were a gift when they first came out.  I am an audiophile (Vandersteen Treo's, Ayre AX5 Twenty, Basis TT, Empirical Audio ODSE DAC, Aesthetix Rhea phono and Synergistic Research Tesla Powercell 10 MK2 power conditioner).  I have used STax Lamda's from my days driving ships in the Navy, but sold those recently. I use Senheiser 580's for home use as I am doing mostly TV and bedroom music listening.  

I want a very good travel headphone that has some noise reduction or the isolation is so good that it will work well on a plane.  Worst case I can just use IEM's for the travel and get a wireless set for home.  Are there any decent sounding bluetooth transmitters to purchase for my AVR that I use in my bedroom?  I assume there has to be something decent.  I've been led to believe that the Momentum 2.0 wireless was the best bluetooth and noise reduction cans on the market.  Should there be anything else I should look at while I wait so I don't get caught with nothing before my trip?  Thanks all.  

May 30, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #1,927 of 3,671
Also has anyone heard the Definitive Technologies Symphony 1 Headphones?  How do they sound compared to the Sennheiser's....thanks.

May 30, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,928 of 3,671
  Hi, I've been following this thread from day one.  I am going to Japan (finally) in August. I travel a fair amount and have been using Beats Studio's as they were a gift when they first came out.  I am an audiophile (Vandersteen Treo's, Ayre AX5 Twenty, Basis TT, Empirical Audio ODSE DAC, Aesthetix Rhea phono and Synergistic Research Tesla Powercell 10 MK2 power conditioner).  I have used STax Lamda's from my days driving ships in the Navy, but sold those recently. I use Senheiser 580's for home use as I am doing mostly TV and bedroom music listening.  

I want a very good travel headphone that has some noise reduction or the isolation is so good that it will work well on a plane.  Worst case I can just use IEM's for the travel and get a wireless set for home.  Are there any decent sounding bluetooth transmitters to purchase for my AVR that I use in my bedroom?  I assume there has to be something decent.  I've been led to believe that the Momentum 2.0 wireless was the best bluetooth and noise reduction cans on the market.  Should there be anything else I should look at while I wait so I don't get caught with nothing before my trip?  Thanks all.  

Unfortunately i've not found anything that is as good as the wireless m2's. The bose qc25s have the best anc i've heard but don't sound too great and are not wireless, the b&o h8 were quite good but not as comfortable, the sony mdr-1abt's had good comfort but average sound, no anc and poor isolation. I hate to admit it but i'm actually using a pair of beats studio wireless cans at the moment as they're the best i've found that are wireless with good connectivity, decent sound with anc and pretty comfortable as well.
When sennheiser manages to fix the m2's issues i'll probably grab a pair of them if nothing better comes out before then.

May 31, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #1,930 of 3,671
Ended up upgrading yesterday from the Momentum 1.0 to the Momentum 2.0 (android wired version) after finding them on sale for a decently lower price ($299.98 + tax) at Best Buy which was perfect timing due to the earpad discomfort of the 1.0 and preferred them anyway.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #1,932 of 3,671
Not sure if this was posted, but check this out:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-momentum-wireless-found-have-problems

Sennheiser says:

Currently we are trying to identify the root cause. It seems that various factors of the usage scenario contribute to the weakened Bluetooth performance. Once we have identified the definite reason for the unstable Bluetooth connection we will find and offer an adequate solution for the MOMENTUM Wireless.

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #1,933 of 3,671
I'd like to provide an update as well. I was told that I had an order in place, whatever that means. Combining that with the above statement I'm hoping that one day a pair of headphones will show up to my door and save the day. The waiting game begins...

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #1,934 of 3,671
sambel: I got the iOS Momentum 2.0 with the same cable. I think perhaps the Android plug is angled and the new iOS one is straight. It works well though.

Just saw this today also:

BTW: Does anyone know if the 2.0 replacement ear pads are available yet?

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #1,935 of 3,671
I have a problem with the MOMENTUM 2.0 wired comfort:
both drivers press to my upper ear but on the left is pretty uncomfortable (almost hurts) honestly after 1 hours
I can still return them to amazon.de until June 11th, honestly I don't know what to do, they are very comfortable excepting this :frowning2: I saw another guy on the other thread of Momentum 2 having the same comfort issue
can't understand why that edgy plastic covering the drivers can't be smooth like on other brands ...see bellow the difference between Momentum and MH40
https://290sqm.com/image/cache/catalog/Master-Dynamic/Master-and-Dynamic-MH40-Over-Ear-Headphones-Black-Leather-Gun-Metal/Master-and-Dynamic-MH40-Over-Ear-Headphones-Black-Leather-Gun-Metal-3-1240x1240.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-g2CulM9eJfw/VW7lhuEWWqI/AAAAAAAAFrU/6asXbb4oDMg/w840-h475-no/2015-05-07.jpg - is that upper part of plastic that looks like having some "ventilation holes" right after the headband. the pic is from the Momentum 1 but same construction on M2

The problem is that even if I return them I can't figure what I get buy instead for a similar price - 245 euros 
the other options for me were H6, P7 , MH40, PM 3 (which is not available yet on amazon.de- german site) but all are more expensive and seem have a more colored sound than the Momentum , P7 and Mh40 are also heavier :frowning2: 
I usually prefer some neutral /flat as much as possible and dislike even a tad of emphasized bass...The momentum has a bass emphasis a bit to much maybe sometimes for me and for sure I feel that ""senn veil" - the guitars, saxo, trumpets   take a step back whit the momentum 1 & 2
I listen mostly to metal , fusion/prog metal, instrumental music, classical , jazz, sometimes 60-70's rock, rarely pop or "modern" club music :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back