Sennheiser in legal trouble? Anyone see this?
Apr 1, 2009 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

danmagicman7

100+ Head-Fier
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sennheiser, a premier manufacturer and designer of high-end headphones, is facing legal charges on the misleading construction of the yet-to-be-released HD800 headphone.

A group of audio enthusiasts has sued Sennheiser, claiming that the HD800's appear to be metal, but have been deceptively manufactured from metallic-looking plastic. Backing from organizations such as the U.S. Product Safety Commision and Consumer Quality Assurance of America is pending.

A Sennheiser spokeswoman wanted to assure consumers that this legal battle would not delay the production of the highly anticipated HD800's. Sennheiser added that the case was "baffling."

The lawsuit, filed by Audiophiles Anonymous (AA), asks the court to have Sennheiser speed up production and lower the high sticker price of the HD800's. AA believes that Sennheiser should be able to produce the HD800's more quickly and offer them at a cheaper price because they are being constructed out of cheap plastic rather than metal.

AA also wanted monetary compensation for false reports of the HD680 and the HD700 coming out years earlier.

Sennheiser initially denied to comment directly on the court appeal, but later responded with "Sorry about your wallet."

The HD800 is a revolutionary headphone with a breakthrough ring transducer design that allows for incredibly accurate sound reproduction. It is priced at $1400 and is slated to ship in late April.

Story Link

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #2 of 21
Everyone is prepared for April 1st in this new internet age. Magic has been lost
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 21
mhm..
frown.gif

I played a level on little big planet the other day, and it was a train that never stopped, and the rick roll was playing. lol.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #4 of 21
I didn't think those HD 800 were designed for warpheads. So, what's the worry anyways?

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 21
Hehe, that was actually pretty funny.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #11 of 21
Bacon?
My game has always been "Hide the Salami"

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #12 of 21
Hey, thanks for the effort. Worthy of an A. Doubt that many will actually bite, but you never know.

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #13 of 21
Nice one! Better than the rest of the April fools I saw today.

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #14 of 21
Leave Sennheiser alone!

Lol

no one fooled me today...didnt even attempt..saddest april fools day..but thanks to head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back