Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Dec 24, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #4,517 of 4,913
What’s a bunch?
There are several in this thread and numerous for the other IE models. I understand that most of the time people with issues are going to be posting about them and happy customers won’t post as much. Just trying to get a consensus of how everyone is feeling about the quality of these IEMs. I’ve already received my custom tips from ADV. I’m really happy with how these sound and the comfort with the custom tips is outstanding.

Dec 24, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #4,518 of 4,913
There are several in this thread and numerous for the other IE models. I understand that most of the time people with issues are going to be posting about them and happy customers won’t post as much. Just trying to get a consensus of how everyone is feeling about the quality of these IEMs. I’ve already received my custom tips from ADV. I’m really happy with how these sound and the comfort with the custom tips is outstanding.
nice on the tips!!! I'd love to get a set but thought they were Europe only, if you have a line on getting them stateside please share, Merry Christmas.

Dec 24, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #4,519 of 4,913
nice on the tips!!! I'd love to get a set but thought they were Europe only, if you have a line on getting them stateside please share, Merry Christmas.
Thanks! The tips are from ADV. They do make them stick out further than the stock tips or the official Sennheiser custom tips as those look like they’re tips only and not molded to fit the entire ear. I could wrong here though. Comfort is amazing. Merry Christmas to you as well!

Dec 24, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #4,520 of 4,913
I’ve used mine a ton (6-8hrs a day) for 6 months. Music, conference calls, etc.

No issues at all so far. They’re exceptional.

Dec 24, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #4,522 of 4,913
I just picked these up a few weeks ago. I've seen a bunch of reports about driver failures with the entire IE line. Has anyone had the IE900 for an extended period of time without a driver failure? I'm coming from the 660S. Also have the HD800S I'm trying out. I'm using these for gaming mostly, but also music while at my computer. Ordered from Best Buy with at Total Tech membership, so I should be covered through that for 2 years. Thanks in advance for any input.
I haven't used mine in several months (big professional changes + recent dabbling in desktop gear has led to very little use), but I bought mine from an authorized dealer in June 2021. My set is Made in Germany. I've had zero issues of any kind with mine, fwiw.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #4,524 of 4,913
Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #4,525 of 4,913
I've owned the IE800S and the right driver failed after 2 years, always took care of them.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #4,526 of 4,913
/deleted

Dec 30, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #4,527 of 4,913
My set is almost two years old in total (not original owner), no issues either. Neither babied nor abused.

Megaprops to the people tracking differences here. I wish often-faked manufacturers would set up some official resources with images of product details and manufacturing variations (perhaps a FR measurement too) that way customers and retailers could keep on top of this stuff with a bit more confidence.

(though I can see how this would also be too troublesome for companies, especially when it comes to manufacturing variations because the % of people who will inevitably become neurotic and ornery about having the 'best' version)

Jan 1, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #4,528 of 4,913
Can someone recommend a good cable for IE900 from AliExpress? Please make your recommendation based upon your personal knowledge, I ordered a good cable but it connects very loose and looses sound when moving the iem.

Jan 3, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #4,529 of 4,913
Jan 3, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #4,530 of 4,913
Regarding the driver issues:
Right after launch of the IE600 i had the chance to talk personally to the lead product manager of the IE900. Because i had driver failure with my first pair of IE900 i asked him if thats a known problem and turns out they had unfortunately quite a big run of driver production where the machine producing them wasnt set correctely (temperature of soldering to be exact). The drivers from this production run are known to fail more frequentely and if they do it always happens in the first few month of usage (depending on usage behavior). Furthermore he assured me that if something happens to a product like the IE900 after warranty sennheiser would still deliver customer support for them and try to find a solution even if its not repairable.
Afterall they are a well established brand with a good reputation they wouldnt want to lose, especislly with the customers of their highest end products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back