Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 26, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #3,796 of 4,836
Hi @ericpalonen - do you know if Sennheiser have any intention to release a 3.5mm cable with a microphone for IE300/600/900?

I’ve got IE600 & 900 and I find them so incredibly comfortable, so I’d love to use one of them for zoom calls if possible :)
Thank you for the question and suggestion! We don't typically comment on speculative products however this is an instance in which we can say that a Sennheiser microphone adapter cable for the mmcx IE series is not in the works. I completely agree about the comfort... It makes it pretty big difference in the conference call experience, which is already painful before it even begins! :)

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 26, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #3,797 of 4,836
Today I received my purchased PlusSound X6 to use with my Sennheiser IE900.

Impressive the amount of detail that appeared in relation to the stock cable.

I am completely satisfied and highly recommend it to everyone!

I’ve been looking for a good aftermarket cable for my IE900 too. Initially , I wanted a modular plug cable but I trip a chi-fi one and didn’t think it sounded as good as stock cable. Trouble with the aftermarket cables is that there‘s no flexibility in case you want to use different sources (i use BTR5 on the go, and Hip Dac 2 at home)…This truly is an expensive hobby!

Whats the termination you’ve got on yours? Looks different to The standard ones on PlusSounds other products?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #3,798 of 4,836
While we are on the subject of modifying MMCX connectors, I found this one very easy to modify. The MMCX plug covering is rubber and cuts off easily with a sharp knife.

The cable is very similar in construction to the stock cable, just slightly softer and a bit more flexy if you know what I mean and no ear hooks for those that prefer that. :) Its on offer at Amazon UK at the moment too. Not a boutique cable by any means but I like it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-4-4mm-Balanced-Audio-Cable/dp/B08LQFJ4L4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2YVJEC

20220610_081308.jpg

20220610_081234.jpg
This is a nice setup. Are you using a 4.4mm term?

I auditioned the Gryphon for a short period but the I found that the hip dac 2 wasn’t too far off in sound quality.

Thinking about auditioning the mojo 2 as well!

Jun 26, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #3,799 of 4,836
I have the combo and I must admit that trying to connect them together haven’t crossed my mind till now lol.
... because I only have the HE since 1 week, I was already busy with my full size headphones discovering it :beyersmile:
But that’s a good idea, moreover with the 4.4 pentaconn cable …
Let me know what you think.

Jun 26, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #3,801 of 4,836
For those of you that purchased the HE, what were you using to drive your headphones/earphones before?

What else did you consider buying instead of HE?

I’m wondering what those coming from dedicated headphone amps feel like they gained or lost in switching to HE.

Thanks!

Shouldn’t it be better to post this in the Uniti Atom HE’s dedicated thread ?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #3,803 of 4,836
Anyone compared the IE900 and the Solaris or Andromeda? Opinions?
I had both the solaris and Andromeda. I find the IE 900 to be more musical, fun with a heavier extension in bass. Overall the detail and general soundstage is more prominent in the Andromeda. The Solaris for me had a a more textured bass than andromeda but much shorter than the IE900. If you like more neutral sound, the andro is the way to go.

Jun 30, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #3,805 of 4,836
I’ve been looking for a good aftermarket cable for my IE900 too. Initially , I wanted a modular plug cable but I trip a chi-fi one and didn’t think it sounded as good as stock cable. Trouble with the aftermarket cables is that there‘s no flexibility in case you want to use different sources (i use BTR5 on the go, and Hip Dac 2 at home)…This truly is an expensive hobby!

Whats the termination you’ve got on yours? Looks different to The standard ones on PlusSounds other products?
Hi my friends a quick add on my previous post about the IE 900 as I received my Plussound exo copper +.. first the connectors fitting is excellent .. as for sound It is a absolutely gorgeous Synergy.. everything is improved but most importantly it smooth a bit the high while adding details and it brings the ie 900 quite a bit body and scale for instruments where this iem could be argued.. you can report to twister6 review .. very objective description.. the bass go to an rank above clearly in term of punch and texture ..beautiful pair up

Jul 1, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #3,807 of 4,836
I do not know what « lossless » means for music so difficult to asses if you are dealing with hi res files .. but as far as thé câble and lightning is concerned it has no problem to convey hi res files to the iem .. in short way : it’s only a matter of the player app

Jul 1, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #3,808 of 4,836
If you use these out of an iPhone with a lightning adapter with Apple Music will you still get hi res?
Depends...

You don't mention what brand of adapter you would be using, but I'm assuming you mean the official Apple adapter. I couldn't find a definitive answer. It seems it is limited to 24/48K. Technically, that's qualifies as hi-res. Pretty good for $9.

There are several lightning DACs out there for less than $100 that can handle 24/192K. If you're going to spend over $1K on iem's, it might be worth spending more than a few bucks on the DAC. hth

Jul 3, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #3,809 of 4,836
Hello everybody,

Would really appreciate some recommendations for a good after market cable that improves the sound quality of the IE 900.

I know some guys have recommended the Plussound X6 (SPC), but after reading reviews on headfi, it seems like it restricts the soundstage a bit: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/plussound-x6-iem-cable.21591/reviews

I’m setup currently is IE 900 with Chord Mojo 2.

Thanks all!

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #3,810 of 4,836
Hello everybody,

Would really appreciate some recommendations for a good after market cable that improves the sound quality of the IE 900.

I know some guys have recommended the Plussound X6 (SPC), but after reading reviews on headfi, it seems like it restricts the soundstage a bit: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/plussound-x6-iem-cable.21591/reviews

I’m setup currently is IE 900 with Chord Mojo 2.

Thanks all!
To be honest, the stock cable is still the best to date. No other cable is better than the stock. This might be my humble opinion but I myself had been looking and trying out different aftermarket cables and reached this conclusion.

You will be much better off saving that money for a better source as it will have a much bigger impact than cables for the IE900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back