Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Apr 18, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #3,646 of 4,836
I Guess Sennheiser own members should not gave advices in this thread. Obviously they say the more expensive is better
What lol. Im not working or are connected to Sennheiser in any way.
Let me get this straight. I was hoping so much that the IE600 would be as close to the IE900 as possible. Actually i like the build more of the 600 because its so much more durable. But what i care for most is sound so that remains the deciding factor.
If anything the IE600 had an advantage because i wanted it to be better

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #3,647 of 4,836
I Guess Sennheiser own members should not gave advices in this thread. Obviously they say the more expensive is better
So you would believe someone who says a $20 pair of IEMs sounds better? *cough* Chu *cough*

Apr 19, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #3,648 of 4,836
How does IE900 compare to the Shure 846’s?

Apr 19, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #3,649 of 4,836
The 900s share my least favorite part of my 300s: the cable. It's as microphonic as all get-out. I have a Plussound X6 on order.
Not a problem when using them only stationary :)

I can‘t use the IE 900 stock tips at all. When inserting them into my ears, four out of five times they don‘t seal, don‘t stay in place, kill all bass.
I've noticed that you need to try to put them several times before they cling. Also they have to be more hotter.
They don't fit well when cold. I'm lucky that can use default tips... i've had big concerns about that during first hours of use.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #3,650 of 4,836
How does IE900 compare to the Shure 846’s?
The ie900 has more resolution, especially in the treble. Its bass has more body. But I like the 846's midrange better. Don't personally like v-shaped sound signatures, though the ie900 is more u-shaped (like the ie800s), so I can live with it.

I would say they're almost as wide in soundstage, but the ie900 has an edge on imaging, height, and depth.

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #3,651 of 4,836
Just joined the club! These are only my second pair of IEM, the other one being the 64 Audio U6T. Definitely different sound signature, the IE900 are more dynamic, I found myself adjusting the volume a few times compared to the relatively flat U6T.

But the thing I appreciate the most for now is the fit, they are more stable in my ears, for some reason the U6T are a bit loose in my left ear…I tried a few tips but the right one has always a better seal.
The IE900 doesn’t have the same problem, they go a little bit deeper in the canal and don’t move. And I quite like the cable and the flexible ear hooks, again, good fit with the glasses.

As for the sound, they remind me a bit of the Meze Empyrean, more than the Sennheiser HD800s, which are my main full headphones.

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #3,652 of 4,836
Just joined the club! These are only my second pair of IEM, the other one being the 64 Audio U6T. Definitely different sound signature, the IE900 are more dynamic, I found myself adjusting the volume a few times compared to the relatively flat U6T.

But the thing I appreciate the most for now is the fit, they are more stable in my ears, for some reason the U6T are a bit loose in my left ear…I tried a few tips but the right one has always a better seal.
The IE900 doesn’t have the same problem, they go a little bit deeper in the canal and don’t move. And I quite like the cable and the flexible ear hooks, again, good fit with the glasses.

As for the sound, they remind me a bit of the Meze Empyrean, more than the Sennheiser HD800s, which are my main full headphones.
Awesome! Congrats and welcome to the #IE900Club !!!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #3,654 of 4,836
Edit:Woops wrong thread. It's IE600 On LTT.
Still he said in WAN Show that he plan to purchase an IEM in the future, wonder which exactly that is.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #3,655 of 4,836

Why not use different tip size for L&R?

Apr 20, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #3,656 of 4,836
Why not use different tip size for L&R?
I tried that too, but there’s something with the angle of the U6T nozzle that doesn’t work with my left ear. Foam tips have the best seal, but kill the sound for me, no extension whatsoever. No problem with the IE900.

I’m listening to this album right now, and it is a great match, nice full sound, great double bass and sense of groove in general. Piano is definitely sitting a little behind and doesn’t have the texture I remember with my full headphones, but still very enjoyable.

1650490028002.jpeg

Apr 24, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #3,657 of 4,836
Each day i reach less for the IE600. While it is a great IEM in its own rights and the price to performance ratio is very good its always this feeling that im missing something (i guess mostly punch in the bass and treble balance) that the IE900 gives me in such a magical way.

Its kinda like @ericpalonen said. If you have a 911 Turbo S and a Cayman in front of you its hard to not choose the 911.
Probably need to sell the Cayman soon to make room for another car in the garage :ksc75smile:

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #3,658 of 4,836
I would like to ask if the placement of the cable can affect the headphones in any way? I'm asking because when I was plugging the headphones, I accidentally put the right end of the cable in the left headphone and the left end of the cable in the right headphone. However, I quickly noticed this error and corrected it.

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #3,659 of 4,836
I would like to ask if the placement of the cable can affect the headphones in any way? I'm asking because when I was plugging the headphones, I accidentally put the right end of the cable in the left headphone and the left end of the cable in the right headphone. However, I quickly noticed this error and corrected it.
No harm done, it just flips the channels L to R.

Apr 24, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #3,660 of 4,836
Anyone with IE900 who also have the Westone W80 and can say something about the differences between the two? I'm thinking about getting the IE900 as an upgrade but I'm not sure if it is worth the price to pay for. I know the W80 is not up to date nowadays but I'm still quite happy with them. But reading more and more comments and reviews I think I would really like the IE900. I just don't know if the difference in quality is just a very small step in details and you have to actively focus on that or if the difference is noticeable the second you put it in the ear. I'm looking especially for better and deeper bass and also for a wider soundstage.
Before I got the W80 I used the Westone Um-Pro 50 and Shure SE 535. The W80 is clearly better than both. I got the W80 for 700 Euros - I would not buy them for over 1000 Euros for such an incremental step forward. And now I'm asking myself the same question again as the IE 900 are more than this 700 Euros and I don't know if the step upward is like my last upgrade or more than that to justify the higher upgrade price this time. Thank you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back