Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 3, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #811 of 4,836
Ie900 is a serious upgrade over the old Legendary se846 😎🙃

They where my first ToTL iems when I entered the world of audio narnia 😛

Get ie900 and a good dap like zx507 or fiio m11 pro, maybe later upgrade the cable and your set for another 5 years bro!
At the moment I use my SE846’s with either a Dragonfly cobalt if I’m out and about, or chord Mojo if I’m travelling and can put it down somewhere, but at home I have a Topping A90/D90 that I use for my overear audio gear - I’m sure the ie900’s will sing joyfully on any of those!
As we speak I have now placed my order! Should be arriving mid June and I can’t wait!

Jun 3, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #812 of 4,836
At the moment I use my SE846’s with either a Dragonfly cobalt if I’m out and about, or chord Mojo if I’m travelling and can put it down somewhere, but at home I have a Topping A90/D90 that I use for my overear audio gear - I’m sure the ie900’s will sing joyfully on any of those!
As we speak I have now placed my order! Should be arriving mid June and I can’t wait!

Wow congrats 😎
Ie900 scales like madness with good gear, be prepared for a striking difference!

Happy to help 🐅🐾

Jun 3, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #813 of 4,836
Welcome to the #IE900club!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #815 of 4,836
Those of you who enjoy electronic music, this track really does demonstrate IE900 capability - a nice twisted bit of electro/breakbeat with lots of intricate details, all brought out with such amazing clarity. Anything by this artist will in fact sound stunning.

Thats really neet I love this style of edm 🙂

😀😁 For some nice floating feelings 🥰

Jun 3, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #817 of 4,836
Very nice! Do you listen to Spatialize at all? This track is one I often use for IEM testing... it builds to an incredible sax peak.

Huuu very cool I like this one too! Now I have a new artist in my list 😃

Reminds me of carbon based life forms and

Jun 3, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #818 of 4,836
Those of you who enjoy electronic music, this track really does demonstrate IE900 capability - a nice twisted bit of electro/breakbeat with lots of intricate details, all brought out with such amazing clarity. Anything by this artist will in fact sound stunning.

Very nice! Do you listen to Spatialize at all? This track is one I often use for IEM testing... it builds to an incredible sax peak.

These are sounding very spinny on Odin haha I’ll be having some funky dreams tonight.

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #821 of 4,836
I probably should have warned of their psychedelic nature!

Haha its not yet near strong of some other more deeper stuff I got 😛 for pro's it's candy's 🤣🙃

Couple spotify playlists when tiger is in need for some Hardy's 😃😁😎

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #822 of 4,836
I have just reached the 48 hour burn in mark and only now they are starting to break in ! I have to say its quite remarkable how they are starting to improve and scaling up the sound properties!

At 50 hours soundstage and the depths perceptions of the atmosphere are expanding so far and it keeps opening up! I am cought of guard here as I didn't expect it to show such carachter. Usually burn in dont affect this aspect so much. Not here, its a first for me 😃🙂

A real treat to be able to see threw the layers of the atmosphericall substitutes, I feel almost like manipulating the sound in a holographic picture 🙃🥰

Those buds have some very unique hidden features and you need to discover them with your ears with time 😛🙂

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #823 of 4,836
No prob. Happy to let you know how it compares to stock cable if you want to wait.

I've sent an email and expect my PayPal invoice soon...

What are your thoughts on the likely weight of the cable? As per the IER-M9, I do like how light the cable is for IE900 relative to the incredibly light earphones and wonder if a heavier cable would feel a sense of pull?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 4, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #825 of 4,836
I've sent an email and expect my PayPal invoice soon...

What are your thoughts on the likely weight of the cable? As per the IER-M9, I do like how light the cable is for IE900 relative to the incredibly light earphones and wonder if a heavier cable would feel a sense of pull?
It'll definitely be heavier than stock cable but i can't say by how much. I will try to weigh my other Brise cable later today to get a sense of the difference.

I did experiment with that cable with a few other IEMs including the humble Pinnacle P1 and didn't notice any fit issues. It didn't work with the FW1K because of the peculiar design of the IEM.

Plus, the memory wire is very malleable and I would expect an improvement from the stock cable in that respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back