Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jul 15, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #3,841 of 4,913
Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #3,842 of 4,913
Good morning all,

I have been kindly asked by Konstantin at Lavricables to review their new v3 awg24 Ultimate line cable for Sennheiser IE 900. I have gratefully accepted, and wanted to ask if the IE 900 community had any questions/aspects for me to consider whilst I conduct my review.

Feel free to DM rather than posting here if easier.

Thanks E

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #3,843 of 4,913
Sennheiser really managed to create 2 impressive single DD IEM ...
I really liked the IE900, and it's probable the most comfortable IEM I ever used.
But the IE 600 is so fun with those "spicy" trebles while keeing a quite nice balanced tonality, that I think it should become soon or late my most used IEM beside the DCA Stealth Headphone and I won't regret the IE900 to be out of order.
The Vision Ears EXT will probably stay as my preferred IEM for more critical music sessons, trebles are nearer "reality", and I dream of an Hybrid Sennheiser IEM to improve a bit more the details of the High frequencies of the IE600
Unfortunately the real king IER-Z1R has no support in Europe as it's not really available, and mine was bought on ebay and is out of order after using it 2 years. But the IER-Z1R is far to be as comfortable in the ears as the IE900/IE600 (those are really a perfection).
Sennheiser IE 600 NW666 Stack01.jpg

But probably in the near future, my main use of the Vision Ears EXT will be with a Nayparm modded WM1A.
And the main use of the IE600 will be with the iFi Go Blu
Sennheiser IE 600 NW666 Stack02.jpg

Both DAP/Amp are mostly used as BT receiver from my Samsung Galaxy Z fold 3 + UAPP + Poweramp EQ + Qobuz + SSD 4Tb (DSD+Flac for Planes/Trains) ....
Unless there will be in the near future on the market a Sennheiser formfactor IEM with hybrid drivers like IER-Z1R/VE EXT), I think I will stay with the IE900 or IE600 for a long while now.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #3,844 of 4,913
Sennheiser really managed to create 2 impressive single DD IEM ...
I really liked the IE900, and it's probable the most comfortable IEM I ever used.
But the IE 600 is so fun with those "spicy" trebles while keeing a quite nice balanced tonality, that I think it should become soon or late my most used IEM beside the DCA Stealth Headphone and I won't regret the IE900 to be out of order.
The Vision Ears EXT will probably stay as my preferred IEM for more critical music sessons, trebles are nearer "reality", and I dream of an Hybrid Sennheiser IEM to improve a bit more the details of the High frequencies of the IE600
Unfortunately the real king IER-Z1R has no support in Europe as it's not really available, and mine was bought on ebay and is out of order after using it 2 years. But the IER-Z1R is far to be as comfortable in the ears as the IE900/IE600 (those are really a perfection).
Sennheiser IE 600 NW666 Stack01.jpg

But probably in the near future, my main use of the Vision Ears EXT will be with a Nayparm modded WM1A.
And the main use of the IE600 will be with the iFi Go BluSennheiser IE 600 NW666 Stack02.jpg

Both DAP/Amp are mostly used as BT receiver from my Samsung Galaxy Z fold 3 + UAPP + Poweramp EQ + Qobuz + SSD 4Tb (DSD+Flac for Planes/Trains) ....
Unless there will be in the near future on the market a Sennheiser formfactor IEM with hybrid drivers like IER-Z1R/VE EXT), I think I will stay with the IE900 or IE600 for a long while now.
Beautiful shots!

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #3,845 of 4,913
Good morning all,

I have been kindly asked by Konstantin at Lavricables to review their new v3 awg24 Ultimate line cable for Sennheiser IE 900. I have gratefully accepted, and wanted to ask if the IE 900 community had any questions/aspects for me to consider whilst I conduct my review.

Thanks E
Awesome, where are Lavricables based, somewhere in the EU guessing by the prices in Euro? if importing into the UK I guess we pay VAT now we have left the EU, can they even ship to the UK some suppliers in Europe no longer do so?

Please check how microphonic the cable is, how light, any ear fatigue when using. What are the plugs at each end like, nice tight fit and hard-wearing.

If you must compare and say it improves the sound in one way or another, I personally will skip that bit and leave it for others to read, it is just a cable after all.

And thank you for your efforts. :)

Jul 15, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #3,846 of 4,913
Good morning all,

Thanks E
As the ever-lurking Sennheiser guy who has devoured the 900 impressions, here is a little top 3 summary of the obvious and not-so-obvious:

Highlights:

1) detail retrieval in percussive sound events (guitar picking, the piano chord strikes, attack of tom drums, the material of the sticks hitting the cymbals)...acoustic music is a joy

2) bass clarity is tough to muck up; even the busiest of passages with thunderous bass lines and low-frequency boomy kick drums are all pretty separate even on bad recordings

3) vocal "breath" is so natural and apparent so it will make great vocal performances stick out

Hidden gems:

1) Room presence is terrific. You can hear the shape and depth of great sounding drum and piano rooms. It makes orchestral music and soundtracks quite vivid

2) vocal "height" is comparable to a full-length mirror versus a compact travel one

3) L/R balance is an underappreciated thing for many because we just expect symmetry and consistency out of the factory, but the 900's uniformity is insane and you'll start picking out more subtle details with regards to imaging and mix perception. This, IMHO is a related but different quality versus imaging, but a fun way to get into the weeds when A/B'ing.

Don't forget to share some.of your tracks and test tunes!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jul 17, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #3,848 of 4,913
Jul 17, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #3,849 of 4,913
I love my 800s, but can't really justify a new purchase for the 900's. Is the gap that much better? I've been more headphone focused lately
It's significant, yes.

Jul 17, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #3,850 of 4,913
I love my 800s, but can't really justify a new purchase for the 900's. Is the gap that much better? I've been more headphone focused lately
Perhaps look at the IE 600 instead?

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #3,851 of 4,913
Perhaps look at the IE 600 instead?
Probably better to just stick with the 800s for now. I love em. Won't bother bridging the gap too the 900's, not only the sound, but the form factor, so easy to just bang them in the ear and not worry about that overear fiddling

Jul 19, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #3,853 of 4,913

Users who are viewing this thread

Back