Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Aug 10, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #1,982 of 4,913
Do you guys think that the treble has a somewhat metallic timbre to it?
For example upper harmonics of violin or harpsichord sound kind of weird.
Not very natural.

Lacks a romantic sharp bite to stuff like instrumental strings like a violin. First thing I noticed too.

That is from the Frequency response dip.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #1,983 of 4,913
Do you guys think that the treble has a somewhat metallic timbre to it?
For example upper harmonics of violin or harpsichord sound kind of weird.
Not very natural.
I've never heard it that way, but then I'm not an absolute stickler for timbre, as long as it sounds good.

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #1,984 of 4,913
I've never heard it that way, but then I'm not an absolute stickler for timbre, as long as it sounds good.
It sounds good but in the long run there is something left bugging me...
Nitpicking here but we should do at this price point.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #1,985 of 4,913
It sounds good but in the long run there is something left bugging me...
Nitpicking here but we should do at this price point.
Perhaps source dependant or something, thank you for prompting me to listen to some violin though, I'm listening to this right now and enjoying it a lot. There is violin in there (obviously :) ) and some harpsichord.

https://www.discogs.com/Vivaldi-Jul...i-Per-Violino-VIII-Il-Teatro/release/14933218

Source N6ii with A01 module, streaming from Qobuz over Wifi.

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #1,987 of 4,913
Perhaps source dependant or something, thank you for prompting me to listen to some violin though, I'm listening to this right now and enjoying it a lot. There is violin in there (obviously :) ) and some harpsichord.

https://www.discogs.com/Vivaldi-Jul...i-Per-Violino-VIII-Il-Teatro/release/14933218

Source N6ii with A01 module, streaming from Qobuz over Wifi.
I am using top sources like the iBasso DX300.
It is not that simple as listening to a solo violin , you have to listen to a lot of stuff and be attentive.
For example solo violin may sound with good timbre but tutti passages may come as a little artificial at some points.
Anyway as I said really nitpicking here but my ears can't help not to notice some issues here and there.
Still plenty of listening to do before my opinion settles down and surely already ranks as a top rated overall performer in my book.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #1,988 of 4,913
Just a mini-recommendation for the new AZLA SednaEafit Crystal (regular, non-TWS) tips. I never tried the Xelastics (too many guys I know didn't care for them, so I didn't bother), but took a whirl on the Crystals. From a comfort standpoint with the IE 900, they are dead even, if not slightly ahead, of my previous comfort champ, the Spinfit CP100+.

I don't note any glaring sonic "deficiencies" by my hearing over almost 25 hours of use, but I also haven't done any swapping back and forth yet either to compare against tips like the Acoustine AET07. I did have the immediate sense, however, when first trying the Crystals, that they don't display the brutal clarity of the AET07 (so, actually, this could be a deficiency depending upon one's tastes). The Crystals are a wider bore than the CP100+ so come across much more like the AET07, generally speaking. For those seeking a middle ground, the Crystals could be an option.

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #1,989 of 4,913
Just a mini-recommendation for the new AZLA SednaEafit Crystal (regular, non-TWS) tips. I never tried the Xelastics (too many guys I know didn't care for them, so I didn't bother), but took a whirl on the Crystals. From a comfort standpoint with the IE 900, they are dead even, if not slightly ahead, of my previous comfort champ, the Spinfit CP100+.

I don't note any glaring sonic "deficiencies" by my hearing over almost 25 hours of use, but I also haven't done any swapping back and forth yet either to compare against tips like the Acoustine AET07. I did have the immediate sense, however, when first trying the Crystals, that they don't display the brutal clarity of the AET07 (so, actually, this could be a deficiency depending upon one's tastes). The Crystals are a wider bore than the CP100+ so come across much more like the AET07, generally speaking. For those seeking a middle ground, the Crystals could be an option.

Where did you purchase the standard edition? I've checked out Amazon.de every other week, but they still aren't available :/

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,991 of 4,913
Where did you purchase the standard edition? I've checked out Amazon.de every other week, but they still aren't available :/

They are available on Amazon Japan, I've ordered a few sets of tips there and delivered to Ireland in less than a week... but just checked and a pack of 3 sets of the Azla Crystal including shipping comes to €43.

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,992 of 4,913
Aug 10, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #1,993 of 4,913
They are available on Amazon Japan, I've ordered a few sets of tips there and delivered to Ireland in less than a week... but just checked and a pack of 3 sets of the Azla Crystal including shipping comes to €43.
Oh I see, I guess i'll wait for them to be avaibile on Amazon in Europe then :)

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #1,994 of 4,913
Aug 10, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #1,995 of 4,913
Any size recommendation? Xelastecs were two sizes different than my other silicones
I heard that about the Xelastics, but I use the same size for Crystals as I do other tips (size L for me; I need ~14mm diameter to achieve seal in my large'ish outer ear canal openings; I'm a bit of a tough fit as my ear canals are a bit recessed and narrow rapidly after the outer opening)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back