Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
May 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #4,546 of 7,699
Hey guys has anyone experienced audio imbalance between the  left and right channels on the IE80s after a minor knock? Mine experienced a really short fall from my wallet and onto my table and i tot the left side was softer than the right ever since. Could this actually have displaced the drivers or something? Even after switching l and r around, i still tot that the bass on the leff lacked punch compared to the right. Any input is greatly appreciated! 

May 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #4,547 of 7,699
Quote:
Hey guys has anyone experienced audio imbalance between the  left and right channels on the IE80s after a minor knock? Mine experienced a really short fall from my wallet and onto my table and i tot the left side was softer than the right ever since. Could this actually have displaced the drivers or something? Even after switching l and r around, i still tot that the bass on the leff lacked punch compared to the right. Any input is greatly appreciated! 

this issue have hunted my whole audio life.... first with the westone 4's and even the IE80's.. may be your one do have a prob after the impact..... even my one does the same issue but the other way around.. :/ i have given up IEM's after this issue... just contact sennheiser customer care.. u might get lucky with them.. but remember to nudge them every day and night ,, since they respond very slowly..

May 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #4,548 of 7,699
try to test it with listening to music. i usually test by making sure the vocal is in the center.
if the vocal is in the center then i think its still balance but if the vocal is slightly in the left/right then theres an imbalanced

May 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #4,549 of 7,699
Quote:
try to test it with listening to music. i usually test by making sure the vocal is in the center.
if the vocal is in the center then i think its still balance but if the vocal is slightly in the left/right then theres an imbalanced

The best is a mono recording - it should have no particular left or right-ness. Stereo vocals can be very mix dependent - only some are centered - many are sided one way or the other - example: Beatles - Rubber Soul.

May 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #4,550 of 7,699
Quote:
The best is a mono recording - it should have no particular left or right-ness. Stereo vocals can be very mix dependent - only some are centered - many are sided one way or the other - example: Beatles - Rubber Soul.

thanks for the useful advice
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #4,553 of 7,699
Does ie80 have more bass than eph-100? 

May 28, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #4,554 of 7,699
Quote:
can I buy these on eBay or should I steer clear

There is a seller here that has a new sealed box of IE80's for $300 - you'd be hard pressed to beat that price - plus a few used pair - I would stay the hell away from ebay unless you go with an authorized dealer  - and you will pay at least $350 that route.

May 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #4,556 of 7,699
ie80 has a lot better bass in terms of quality and quantity. 

Is it more than eph-100 though? I'm worried that bass will be too much on ie80. Eph-100 has perfect amount of bass for me.

May 29, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #4,557 of 7,699
Quote:
Is it more than eph-100 though? I'm worried that bass will be too much on ie80. Eph-100 has perfect amount of bass for me.

Yep it has more bass, you'll need to try them to experience what it's like. 

I can't say whether you will prefer the EPH over the IE80s or not without you trying them yourself.

For many others and myself, The EPHs are inferior in every aspect, not that they're bad IEMs, but it's to be expected if they're less than a third of the cost even if Sennheiser overcharge for all their products. 

May 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #4,558 of 7,699
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered them! I will compare them to W4 and eph-100. I'm a little bit worried that it has more bass than eph-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back