Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Oct 19, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #3,601 of 7,699
I have one ear canal that is small and one that is medium small. It's about impossible to find anything that will fit. I'm throwing in the towel and going back to my full sized hp's. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #3,602 of 7,699
I have one ear canal that is small and one that is medium small. It's about impossible to find anything that will fit. I'm throwing in the towel and going back to my full sized hp's. 

I can understand that would be frustrating.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #3,604 of 7,699
Quote:

There's a thread about the Cosmic Ears customs. The you paid for the IE80 could get you a Balanced armature/Dynamic driver hybrid custom.

You should be able to find them on the first page of the portables section.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #3,605 of 7,699
What kind of IEMs are  GR07 MK2? First I've heard of it! never heard of the brand Vsonic. Waht a noob I am :p

Why is everyone in the US ): I wanna buy a galaxy silver cable, but I'm here in Dublin, and everyone selling on these forums that I come across is from the US):

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #3,606 of 7,699
What kind of IEMs are  GR07 MK2? First I've heard of it! never heard of the brand Vsonic. Waht a noob I am :p

Why is everyone in the US ): I wanna buy a galaxy silver cable, but I'm here in Dublin, and everyone selling on these forums that I come across is from the US):

Dynamic bio-cellulose drivers. (Stage Monitor) 9.1 SQ score from ljokerl

http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #3,607 of 7,699
Btw what's the surest way to test if the earpieces are working fully. I thought I head abit of crackling just now on the right side with heavy bass....song is at 192kbps from an iphone 4...unsure if its the source or if I'm driving the earphones too hard...

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #3,608 of 7,699
Btw what's the surest way to test if the earpieces are working fully. I thought I head abit of crackling just now on the right side with heavy bass....song is at 192kbps from an iphone 4...unsure if its the source or if I'm driving the earphones too hard...

192kbps? :ph34r: That cracking noise is properly your ears bleeding. Get some FLAC running though those things!

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #3,609 of 7,699
Quote:

I found that since my left ear canal is a little wider i had to push the driver deeper in that ear causing that uncomfortable feeling of an air tight seal. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #3,610 of 7,699
Hey guys, just wondering, do the comply tips really affect the sound of the IE80s? What does it do,...I know it adds more bass which is fine by me. Worried about the other stuff.

Was just off reading this: http://www.innerfidelity.com./content/comply-foam-tips-and-effects-tip-selection

I feel like I should give them a shot as I am so used to comply tips, they always give me a perfect seal, been using them with my Westone UM1s for 5 years (tips replaced regularly as need be of course!)

I also tried turning up the bass frequency response on the earphones today, could not for the life of me tell the difference. Probably my inexperienced ears?

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #3,612 of 7,699
I think that the comply tips sound fine. Now granted I never got a good seal with any other tips so I don't really have a good point of reference. But I do have relatively educated ears and I know a good sound signature when I hear it. I had no issue with fit, comfort or SQ  from the comply's. My issue was that they were hard to get on and off and that they don't last very long.

gL!!

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #3,613 of 7,699
Quote:
I think that the comply tips sound fine. Now granted I never got a good seal with any other tips so I don't really have a good point of reference. But I do have relatively educated ears and I know a good sound signature when I hear it. I had no issue with fit, comfort or SQ  from the comply's. My issue was that they were hard to get on and off and that they don't last very long.

gL!!

x2.

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #3,614 of 7,699
Quote:

Get those Sony hybrids, becoz they classify them even more detailed.
Sizes like ss, sm, m etc.

In fact, I don't believe anyone has equal sized canals.

But ill need u to be open to the idea of different sizes in each ear, becoz there are people that find discomfort psychologically doing so.

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #3,615 of 7,699
I heard those Panasonic silicone tips are similar to the Hybrids but have a bigger boar opening which will accommodate the IE80s well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back