Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #2,911 of 7,699
Quote:
Maybe some day i will buy it :) Since the stock cable is not free as well. And over the last 3 years i've changed 2 of them and using 3rd one.

It's just i'm not sure that a simple cable can improve SQ.

I know where you are coming from. But you will never know until you try it for yourself. Wow so you've been through 2 cables so far? I figured the stock cable was very durable as is....

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #2,912 of 7,699
Quote:
Maybe some day i will buy it :) Since the stock cable is not free as well. And over the last 3 years i've changed 2 of them and using 3rd one.

It's just i'm not sure that a simple cable can improve SQ.

i have the silver galaxy cable unused right now. if you want i can let you borrow it or sell it to you
smile.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #2,913 of 7,699
Quote:
I know where you are coming from. But you will never know until you try it for yourself. Wow so you've been through 2 cables so far? I figured the stock cable was very durable as is....

Yep. It is very durable, but it's not invincible:)  Stock 'Default' cable served me about a year.

1st extra cable served approximately 6 month.
2nd ~ 9 - 12 month 
I hope that 3rd will last at least a year and a half :)

BTW i have pictures of how it looks like inside :)
https://picasaweb.google.com/VolodymyrQA/SennheiserIE8#5695359700486134162 - there are several other images about IE8

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #2,914 of 7,699
Quote:
i have the silver galaxy cable unused right now. if you want i can let you borrow it or sell it to you
smile.gif

I appreciate your offer but i'm in Ukraine :) It's far away from your country.
And i was not planning to buy it right now :)

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #2,916 of 7,699
No but there are better players out there that will bring out the full potential of your IE80s. The ipod is ok but not as good as the Hisound products when sound quality is your main concern.

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #2,918 of 7,699
Quote:
Hey, I'd be interested in trying and possibly buying the silver cable. Asking cos I noticed your location as Singapore :)

you got pm :)

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #2,920 of 7,699
400$ retail is way too much for the sound these earphones give. These are 250$ worth, but not more, I tell you. For a 400$ retail I would better go for Weston UM3X.

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #2,921 of 7,699
Quote:
400$ retail is way too much for the sound these earphones give. These are 250$ worth, but not more, I tell you. For a 400$ retail I would better go for Weston UM3X.

They actually retail at $450.00. I got mine for around $330.00 and I think they were worth that price. Also they pair extremely well with the Hisound products and it will show you their full potential.

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #2,922 of 7,699
Currently I have the Sennheiser HD650....

I am a fan of the Sennheiser sound and I am not bothered really wether I am using over ears or IEM, although I do prefer over ear.

The problems I have with my HD650 although I do like them a lot : 

Sound is a bit too relaxed and slow sounding at times
Would like more sub bass

Pretty much everything else about the sound I like. eg. sweet midrange, smooth treble, awesome imaging, soundstage etc.

I was thinking of selling the HD650 and getting some IE80 instead for home usage, films, games, music etc.

Basically I am looking for similar sound to HD650 but with more sub bass and a slightly more exciting sound.

Do you think the IE80 would be good for this? Do they have significantly better sub bass than the HD650 and a more exciting sound whilst still being smooth and easy on the ears?

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #2,923 of 7,699
Quote:
Currently I have the Sennheiser HD650....

I am a fan of the Sennheiser sound and I am not bothered really wether I am using over ears or IEM, although I do prefer over ear.

The problems I have with my HD650 although I do like them a lot : 

Sound is a bit too relaxed and slow sounding at times
Would like more sub bass

Pretty much everything else about the sound I like. eg. sweet midrange, smooth treble, awesome imaging, soundstage etc.

I was thinking of selling the HD650 and getting some IE80 instead for home usage, films, games, music etc.

Basically I am looking for similar sound to HD650 but with more sub bass and a slightly more exciting sound.

Do you think the IE80 would be good for this? Do they have significantly better sub bass than the HD650 and a more exciting sound whilst still being smooth and easy on the ears?

I'd say yes. The IE80s do have more sub bass than the HD650s and are more fun to listen to. I think they would suite your taste well in that case. The treble is also smooth on the IE80s and the sound stage is large for an IEM.

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #2,925 of 7,699
Quote:
Are the IE80 less detailed than the HD650 then?

I thought the IE80 were supposed to have good detail?

That's kinda hard to say. Well considering the HD650 has rolled-off treble while the IE80 doesn't, I'd say the IE80 doesn't lack in that department. Plus the HD650 has emphasis on just mid bass while the IE80 has emphasis on sub bass but while still maintaining a nice balance with mid bass. Since they fixed the mid bass hump issue the IE80s mid range is clearer and upfront. It's a toss up but I don't think the IE80 is lacking in anything but maybe sound staging (but you are comparing it to a full size can).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back