Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
May 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2,491 of 7,699
I feel that is better to have smaller tips and deeper insertions, the good fit which sits on the outer to mid ear canal, actually caused too much boom, another problem would be his equipment's limitations, going by what he said about his meelec M9, he must have mistaken mid bass humping to sub bass as the M9 are described as "punchy".

@James, possibly you're right in agreeing with Tyll's graph, for me the highs were too hot to handle and could not enjoy it as much as some, so maybe a bit of exaggeration on my part.

May 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #2,492 of 7,699
Other than having proper seal, I am not sure what could be the problem.

Speaking of having proper seal, I've switched back to Hybrid tips. Can't seem to find the right sizing, it's either too big or too small.

On the other hand, my cable's started to break around the plug (not the audio jack, but the plug that goes into the IEM itself). I need something cheap and durable, any suggestions?

May 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #2,493 of 7,699
Quote:
Other than having proper seal, I am not sure what could be the problem.

Speaking of having proper seal, I've switched back to Hybrid tips. Can't seem to find the right sizing, it's either too big or too small.

On the other hand, my cable's started to break around the plug (not the audio jack, but the plug that goes into the IEM itself). I need something cheap and durable, any suggestions?

He doesn't know the difference between mid bass and sub bass.

Smaller tips and deep insertions do better.

I've broke my Silver Galaxy on both sides at the end connectors, soldered them back and pinched the heat shrinks even tighter for support.

May 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #2,494 of 7,699
Quote:
I have recently sold my pair of IE80, and I have got a message from a customer regarding the IE80's bass. I didn't listen to IE80 a lot so I can't really give an answer to his question. Hope you, guys, will be able to help me with this.
wink.gif

Tell him with more brain burn ins eventually he will not only hear it but also feel it. But I don't think he will be able to see it.
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Isn't the iem still under warranty? Send back to Sennheiser for a free replacement.

Quote:
I've broke my Silver Galaxy on both sides at the end connectors, soldered them back and pinched the heat shrinks even tighter for support.

Did it sound even better after you fixed it?
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #2,497 of 7,699
Quote:
I have recently sold my pair of IE80, and I have got a message from a customer regarding the IE80's bass. I didn't listen to IE80 a lot so I can't really give an answer to his question. Hope you, guys, will be able to help me with this.
wink.gif

Quote:
MEElectronics M9 Review

Lows: The bass on these is pretty good, surprisingly good in fact. What’s even more impressive is it seems to be able to stay where it should and not creep up into the mids. It’s also surprisingly deep, and seems to be able to hold a low note without running out of air. No doubt about it the bass on this is its best asset, it’s got great depth without becoming too domineering in the middle and upper bass frequencies.

Haven't heard the M9, but going by Mark's review, it seems entirely possible that they have deeper bass and less midbass than the IE80.

May 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #2,501 of 7,699
Sorry guys, but anybody know if the RoCoo P would be a good DAP to use with the IE80? Compared to the TripleFi, I perceived that the IE80 could use quite a bit of extra volume to retrieve more details and soundstage. Will it synergise with a strong source like the Rocoo P?

May 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #2,502 of 7,699
It may have some hiss with the Rocoo P but less than the Studio V. You could try to contact Jack from Hisound and ask about his Rocoo BA.

May 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #2,503 of 7,699
Quote:
Sorry guys, but anybody know if the RoCoo P would be a good DAP to use with the IE80? Compared to the TripleFi, I perceived that the IE80 could use quite a bit of extra volume to retrieve more details and soundstage. Will it synergise with a strong source like the Rocoo P?

I think they go very well together, I hear  no hiss while music plays a tiny bit when I'm going through the menu's. On the bus I have the volume up to 15 off the bus it should be a bit lower, but I like the sound so much hehe :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back