Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
May 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #2,506 of 7,699
Quote:
How does that combination fare against IE80+Cowon D2, if you don't mind :) ?

I don't have D2 but have the J3. The J3 sounding is colored even with all EQ's and BBE's turned off. I much prefer the IE80 paired with my RB'd ipod 5G. My J3 has been collecting dust since bought a few wks ago.

May 14, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #2,507 of 7,699
listening to ACDC flac via my Galaxy nexus to the IE80s.. sweet.. just out of the box and already they sound great..  i can hear a little hiss alright.. any way to get rid of this? i use poweramp for my music player

Cheers,
Mick

May 14, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #2,508 of 7,699
Quote:
I don't have D2 but have the J3. The J3 sounding is colored even with all EQ's and BBE's turned off. I much prefer the IE80 paired with my RB'd ipod 5G. My J3 has been collecting dust since bought a few wks ago.

Hmm, lostid, I got the Cowon S9 before and expect it to be quite similar to the J3 in term of sound quality. The problem though, is that the D2 is quite a powerful source comparable to the RoCoo P, and I'd like to see which source can synergy more with the power-hungry IE80 more.
I'm currently using the Sansa Clip +, btw

May 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #2,509 of 7,699
Quote:
Hmm, lostid, I got the Cowon S9 before and expect it to be quite similar to the J3 in term of sound quality. The problem though, is that the D2 is quite a powerful source comparable to the RoCoo P, and I'd like to see which source can synergy more with the power-hungry IE80 more.
I'm currently using the Sansa Clip +, btw

Yeah the synergy is what matters in the end with the gears you have. The sources and/or the phones are not necessarily the "best" but the marriage can be powerful. 

I for one have found peace in the rockboxed ipod 5G paired with my iem's.  I am done (at least for now).
wink_face.gif

May 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #2,510 of 7,699
Quote:

I'm still pretty surprised that you think your J3 is a warm sounding player, because I don't find it warm. I find it rather bright.

May 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #2,511 of 7,699
Quote:
I'm still pretty surprised that you think your J3 is a warm sounding player, because I don't find it warm. I find it rather bright.

Yeah that's to my ears, and the J3 doesn't sound as detailed as my RB'd ipod 5G.

May 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #2,512 of 7,699
I really can't take these iems out of my ears, the sound is just amazing. The only downside to listening to so much music is that i end up repeating many songs over and over (i don't have a big library). So im getting a little tired of some of my songs. 

Anyone have any recommendations of songs that go well with the IE80s? 

May 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #2,513 of 7,699
Quote:
I really can't take these iems out of my ears, the sound is just amazing. The only downside to listening to so much music is that i end up repeating many songs over and over (i don't have a big library). So im getting a little tired of some of my songs. 

My money on Hotel California - Live version and My heart will go on. The monstrous soundstage comes in really handy. I cranked up the volume a bit, closed my eyes and with the former one I got the "third row seat" feeling. My triplefi can never give me that, and I doubt if there is any other pair capable of doing so (not counting the IE8 of course).

May 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #2,514 of 7,699
Try "Since I've Been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin. 
Quote:

May 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #2,515 of 7,699
Quote:

Try to listen to Sarah Brightman's songs, you may very well like hers. Here is one.

May 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #2,516 of 7,699
Thanks for the suggestions guys, those sound great. Here are a few i listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdcmM9T8vD4&ob=av2e

I ripped his album last week after stumbling onto it in my old cd collection. This sounds absolutely stunning in flac. I looked around on the net and it's very hard to get this album in flac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvpctgU_s8

The bass and soundstage is brilliant on this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCadlN8fexk&ob=av2n

Also this in flac is amazing. Her voice is so smooth and clear.

May 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #2,520 of 7,699
Are there any new tips on tips? I searched through all the  postings on this thread. The v-moda and jvc kept popping up, but those shapes normally don't fit my ears. The best seal I have ever gotten is with the shure olives - is there something similar that will fit the ie80's? I need either a very deep, large, tapered tri flange or a large, deep foam. I might have to resort to the earplugs + holepunch method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back