Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
May 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #2,416 of 7,699
Quote:
Thanks, so what worked for you (if anything)?

The stock tips for the EPH100 actually work great for me. Fit the nozzles perfectly. I have a feeling that the flange touching the driver housing may help to reduce the mid bass slightly resulting a more balanced sound. Just my guessing.

May 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #2,420 of 7,699
Quote:

The stock tips for the EPH100 actually work great for me. Fit the nozzles perfectly. I have a feeling that the flange touching the driver housing may help to reduce the mid bass slightly resulting a more balanced sound. Just my guessing.

Thanks for the input, guys. Those EPH tips look similar to the Senn double-flanges, but these must be better. I don't like any of the supplied tips. I normally use silicone, but the shallow insertion won't work with those.

I'll admit I bought a 3-pack of the Tx-500 this morning from Amazon Prime...... I'll keep the bass at minimum and see how it goes. I like my IEMs dark and bassy anyway, so a lack of treble/extension may be ok. I am a trance/vocal, progressive listener. Very limited rock and classical.

Pretty disappointed right now as they sound like an AM radio with the large Senn foams.

I can tell during an A/B against my X10s vs. the Senns that the clarity is better with the latter. If I can get the Senn to fit I'm sure the SQ is there. I had some flashes of brilliance when holding them in place. The X10s (love them) sound a little muddy by comparison. Of course, as soon as I stop holding the IEM it sounds like NPR on a low-watt station!

May 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #2,422 of 7,699
Quote:
I use large single flange tips from JVC.

hey lee your not talking about the JVC ones that came with the fx700, right?

i've been using the medium double flange's but they can be so finicky sometimes... today i just switched over to the stock large single flange tips, and so far i'm liking them better

i found those v-modas just OK for the ie80s, but night and day difference on the fx700's for sure

May 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #2,423 of 7,699
Quote:
hey lee your not talking about the JVC ones that came with the fx700, right?

i've been using the medium double flange's but they can be so finicky sometimes... today i just switched over to the stock large single flange tips, and so far i'm liking them better

i found those v-modas just OK for the ie80s, but night and day difference on the fx700's for sure

No the tips I got are quite different from the ones included with the FX700s. The tips I bought came from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336091464&sr=8-1

May 4, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #2,425 of 7,699
Quote:
For the guys who own both the fx700 and the ie80 - what do you like about both of them compared to the other and what genres of music do you think both of them do better in?

It's a bit hard to say. I'd say the FX700 are better in dub step. The overall sound of the IE80s though goes with more genres than does the FX700s. But the FX700 has very nice timbre and a seductive sound of its own. I really enjoy both although I do prefer my IE80s overall. Then again the FX700 is also a great all-arounder, at least when compared to the more finicky EX1000 (more of a genre specific IEM).

May 4, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #2,426 of 7,699
Quote:
Thanks, so what worked for you (if anything)?

the soundtech eartips are the only eartips that works for me

May 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #2,427 of 7,699
From all 10 tips provided I get good seal only with double large (I usually use medium) - the rest sounds terrible. 
So far I don't like them too much, but I know that I have long mental burn-in so still want to give them a chance, especially with new tips.

I saw in this thread that a lot of people have success with JVC and V-Moda tips from amazon US, could anyone have a look at these links and tell me if these look like the same tips?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290458958101&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ht_1158wt_905
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200749942452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2816wt_1139

Also auvio tips are getting a lot of praise here, anyone knows where to get them in europe (namely UK)?

I also ordered tips from meelec :)

I hope that I will find one that gives me great sound and comfortable fit.

May 4, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #2,429 of 7,699
Quote:
From all 10 tips provided I get good seal only with double large (I usually use medium) - the rest sounds terrible. 
So far I don't like them too much, but I know that I have long mental burn-in so still want to give them a chance, especially with new tips.

I saw in this thread that a lot of people have success with JVC and V-Moda tips from amazon US, could anyone have a look at these links and tell me if these look like the same tips?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290458958101&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ht_1158wt_905
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200749942452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2816wt_1139

Also auvio tips are getting a lot of praise here, anyone knows where to get them in europe (namely UK)?

I also ordered tips from meelec :)

I hope that I will find one that gives me great sound and comfortable fit.

Looking at those links I can tell you no. Those are not the same tips, although the large V-moda tips may be more similar. Not sure if they are exactly the same as the ones I got. The JVC tips are definitely different.

May 4, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #2,430 of 7,699
Quote:
Where did you get them? I'm still searching for tips that work for me and would like to give them a go :)

i bought it in a shop at singapore. i cant seem to find it on amazon or ebay. if u want i have some of that tips that i didnt use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back