Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
May 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #2,446 of 7,699
Quote:
Now why would I do that :). The silver cable makes my IE80s sound noticeably better and going back would leave me disappointed. You've heard it from me and many others. Now it's up to you if you want to improve your sound or just be happy with what you got :).

Late into this discussion and sorry if its been discussed earlier, but where does one get the silver cable?

May 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #2,447 of 7,699
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Upgrade-Cable-for-SENNHEISER-IE8-Galaxy-silver-/120704302992?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1c1a897f90

You can haggle Zeroshoe down a little on the price and he usually agrees. Maybe haggle him down $5.00 to $10.00 on the "make an offer" button.

May 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #2,448 of 7,699
Quote:
My fingers are itching right now. Help please!

you have promised to try the silver cable if theres an good impression
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #2,449 of 7,699
I'm done with trying to convince him lol (I did it for all your ears :wink:. I honestly won't boast about a product I don't have confidence in as I wouldn't feel right about misleading people. I'm just glad it worked out for me and all you lucky folks. At least "we can hear and appreciate the difference". :)

I'm always looking to improve my audio experience and this cable sure has helped with that. I find it hard to believe that it could get better than this, but I'm excited about that at the same time.

May 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #2,453 of 7,699
I have a serious problem now. I have completely lost interest in upgrading gears.
wink_face.gif

The music just sounds spectacular (especially on Monday). As we speak I am listening to the minidisk version of Beethoven's 9th Symphony on my RB'd ipod video using the EX1000 (sorry the IE80 owners). I feel like I am flying in heaven. Yes it is that f__ing good.
normal_smile%20.gif

May 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2,454 of 7,699
Quote:
I have a serious problem now. I have completely lost interest in upgrading gears.
wink_face.gif

The music just sounds spectacular (especially on Monday). As we speak I am listening to the minidisk version of Beethoven's 9th Symphony on my RB'd ipod video using the EX1000 (sorry the IE80 owners). I feel like I am flying in heaven. Yes it is that f__ing good.
normal_smile%20.gif

What the heck is the point of posting this in the IE80 thread?

May 7, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #2,457 of 7,699
Quote:
He's the new Sony representative :wink:. In a way I wish the EX1000s worked out for me but in the end it wasn't my cup of tea. The graph is correct in this case lol.

Hey I am not implying the EX1000 is that good. I am talking about the music.
wink_face.gif
  But allingreason is right that has nothing to do with the IE80. I was drunk by the musical alcohol. Forgive me.

May 7, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,459 of 7,699
Quote:
wink_face.gif

normal_smile%20.gif

I find EX1000 and IE80 go hand in hand, very different sound signature but hey, glad to hear you are enjoying your EX1000. Listen to IE80 in a week or so, it will have more "boom/echo" feel to it.

May 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #2,460 of 7,699
Quote:
Well from a technical standpoint is really is a good IEM. It's more of a genre specific IEM for that matter.

The EX1000 is an expert for the wind instrument. It struggles with music dominated by violin sound at high notes. Yes not a 100% beauty.

Quote:

I find EX1000 and IE80 go hand in hand, very different sound signature but hey, glad to hear you are enjoying your EX1000. Listen to IE80 in a week or so, it will have more "boom/echo" feel to it.

Exactly. Also depends on the source. I find the IE80 not suitable for the warm Cowon J3, but it pairs well with my neutral RB'd iDrive.
wink_face.gif

Whenever my music is dominated by violin sound, I ALWAYS (lee you heard) reach for my IE80. Sometimes it was too late and I got burned by the EX1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back