Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #2,371 of 7,699

Quote:
Sorry if I've made some misunderstandings.
I'm just referring to the PK_1.X ( other number might be dates,not specifically in any order as I don't have any reference for it.)
But now it looks like day/month/year to me. (^_^)
@lee730 thanks

LOL, we were just joking around with eachother  
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #2,373 of 7,699
wheres the cheapest place to buy a used/old Sennheiser IE8?

anyone??

i bought a real (sounded real, probably refurb) IE8 for $65 from a website called headphone-outlet.com(which apparently isn't working anymore) about 2yrs ago, and I wish the site was still available.

I broke my old IE8 by accident :frowning2:

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #2,375 of 7,699

Quote:

Waiting game is pretty painful, I remember when I had to wait two whole weeks when I bought it from Razordog couple months back. Glad to hear you bought IE80, welcome to the family.
beerchug.gif

yup, thats why next day delivery is the way forward :) I am really enjoying the ie80's and they pair well with the ibasso T5, has less mid bass and good sub bass and clearer mids and highs, compared to my touch 4G.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #2,376 of 7,699

Quote:
Yay ordered from RazordogDeals ! = )
Now waiting patiently for it to arrive ^^
biggrin.gif

While you are waiting, you can mitigate the anxiety by reading this thread all over again and imagine how good the IE80 will be.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
anyone??
i bought a real (sounded real, probably refurb) IE8 for $65 from a website called headphone-outlet.com(which apparently isn't working anymore) about 2yrs ago, and I wish the site was still available.
I broke my old IE8 by accident
frown.gif

$65 for a pair refurbished IE8 sounds too good to be true or maybe you were one of the luckiest unlucky guys.
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Waiting game is pretty painful, I remember when I had to wait two whole weeks when I bought it from Razordog couple months back. Glad to hear you bought IE80, welcome to the family.
beerchug.gif

Was the truck delivery man on strike?

Quote:

yup, thats why next day delivery is the way forward :) I am really enjoying the ie80's and they pair well with the ibasso T5, has less mid bass and good sub bass and clearer mids and highs, compared to my touch 4G.

Glad you enjoy it. I have been switching the iem's between the IE80 and EX1000. For my music there are certain tracks the EX1000 is having difficulty and struggling with the trebles and "nose sucking", but the IE80 stands its ground. While the EX1000 can be very good and entertaining while listening to some albums, the IE80 delivers genuine sounding to my music.

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,378 of 7,699
For me it's likely to have to wait for 10-14days..... For my ie80 to arrive. I never like waiiting ...

Waiting for another 2-3days to get my triplefi with custom sleeve shippd back to me (took 1week for a local lab to make them)

Now thinking should I make custom ear sleeves for ie80.. (will it benefit?)
Or the nozzle size is similar to TF10 ? So I can interchange them.

Btw just want to share my experience so far with RD (razorDog)
I'll give it full 5 stars. Super hero like response. Replies email and question in an instant!
Never once had any seller this fast not to mention awesome price!

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #2,380 of 7,699
Don't feel too good about the price. You have paid half of the price for the case alone, not mentioning many of the tips you won't need.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #2,382 of 7,699

Quote:
anyone??
frown.gif

I have a pair of IE8s that I haven't listened to since I bought my IE80s.  I bought them in January off Ebay from Recording Services and Supply; an authorized Sennheiser dealer. They really haven't been used much at all.  If you're interested, we can work something out. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #2,383 of 7,699

Quote:
anyone??
frown.gif

Try check out DAKmart.com They may have some IE8s still in stock refurb.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2,384 of 7,699

Quote:

Just buy different ear tips from various makers. I opted for JVC large single flanges and V-moda large singles flanges. They are vastly superior to the stock ear pieces IMO and offers a great seal and brings balance to the sound of both my IE80s and FX700s.

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1334995544&sr=1-1-catcorr

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334995493&sr=8-1

Hey Lee,

What would you say is the difference between these 2? The V-Modas are clearly cheaper including shipping so I'm inclined to try that if they're both pretty similar.

The best seal I've got so far with the stock tips is with the large silicone tips.

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #2,385 of 7,699

Users who are viewing this thread

Back