Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2,343 of 7,699
If anything they should put more work into the carrying case and stock cable. The older IE8 cable was definitely better and more durable than the current one, although it is still more durable than most stock cables on IEMs out there TBH.

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #2,344 of 7,699

Quote:
If anything they should put more work into the carrying case and stock cable. The older IE8 cable was definitely better and more durable than the current one, although it is still more durable than most stock cables on IEMs out there TBH.

You wasted the stock cable anyway. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #2,346 of 7,699
Hi, I'm new here and would like to share something.
I've been reading through this forum and would love to get hold of this ie80
But unfortunately my country sennheiser Asia doesn't carry it
(Malaysia). So I started looking online knowing there's a lot of fakes out there
Till i saw this going for sale at eBay with big pictures an serial number too!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sennheiser-IE-80-HiFi-Kopfhorer-Neu-OVP-Das-Paket-ist-noch-versiegelt-/290702488139
The seller has a fast response and agreed on shipping to malaysia too, saying it's original.

But in the end I think it's fake too (even there's a serial sticker) because I've stumbled upon this
http://www.headsete.com/sealed-boxed-moving-coil-unit-ie80-ie8-sennheiser-ear-headphones/
(the one with the wooden table back ground looks fake, but not the ones below, just wondering if you guys with original ie80 agree?)

Both the eBay sellers serial are the same with only the last two digits being different.

Moral of the story- I have to wait and find an authorized dealer that ships to malayisia = (

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #2,347 of 7,699

Quote:

Not really. My dad broke his cable on his IE80s while exercising so I let him use my extra cable (don't plan on ever using it again honestly).
wink.gif

That's why you need the silver cable.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Hi, I'm new here and would like to share something.
I've been reading through this forum and would love to get hold of this ie80
But unfortunately my country sennheiser Asia doesn't carry it
(Malaysia). So I started looking online knowing there's a lot of fakes out there
Till i saw this going for sale at eBay with big pictures an serial number too!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sennheiser-IE-80-HiFi-Kopfhorer-Neu-OVP-Das-Paket-ist-noch-versiegelt-/290702488139
The seller has a fast response and agreed on shipping to malaysia too, saying it's original.
But in the end I think it's fake too (even there's a serial sticker) because I've stumbled upon this
http://www.headsete.com/sealed-boxed-moving-coil-unit-ie80-ie8-sennheiser-ear-headphones/
(the one with the wooden table back ground looks fake, but not the ones below, just wondering if you guys with original ie80 agree?)
Both the eBay sellers serial are the same with only the last two digits being different.
Moral of the story- I have to wait and find an authorized dealer that ships to malayisia = (

His 96.3% feedback isn't that impressive though. The price is too good to be true. Avoid.

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #2,348 of 7,699
The price now is still low as auction is still ongoing.
What surprised me is... Now the fakes also have individual serial sticker. :mad:

I noticed the fake from the chinese web site. (foam in the box looks dodgy)
, I requested the seller to have the pictures of the box , foam. To look for metal plate and the finish as well.

But I will take your advice... To avoide it.
Sob... Still looking for a authorized seller that ships to malaysia...

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2,349 of 7,699
Just another tip to share. Look at the barcode below the serial It has a little line about the packaging version = PK_1.X_MonthdayYear( I guess)

The fakes has much higher serial number but going at 1.3
While a former here imperialX who just sold his with a lower serial number but at 1.4

Can you guys with originals confirm this finding

Thanks.

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2,350 of 7,699

Quote:
Just another tip to share. Look at the barcode below the serial It has a little line about the packaging version = PK_1.X_MonthdayYear( I guess)
While a former here imperialX who just sold his with a lower serial number but at 1.4
Thanks.

lol I'll say it once and I'll say it again. Buy through an authorized dealer as you are taking a great risk otherwise. If you guys can't get access to an IE80 in your area why not ask a headfier to help you guys out who can?

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #2,351 of 7,699

Quote:
Thanks.

Mine says this: PK_1.4_20052011

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #2,354 of 7,699

Quote:
Thanks.

my pair says: pk_1.1_20052011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back