Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #6,558 of 7,699
  I see your point @Dobrescu, but not behind each bush there is enemy. :) Chillex :wink:

It is not that there is an enemy every time. The user has 13 posts, all in this thread only about this particular subject, and the posts promote ebay usage for selling ie80, an item which is very known for being build fakes of by numerous counterfeit companies. 

Let me ask, do you belive the story? That there are a pair of ie80, and even a batch, produced and released by sennheiser that have only 4 dots on a ear.

You should be wary when buying stuff on eBay, but that doesn't mean everything on eBay is fake.

Of course, not everything is fake on ebay. It just seems a good ideea to try not to order anything expensive off ebay. Like luxury items. they are bound to be counterfeit. 

I would, on the other hand buy anything that is supposed to be offbrand. I used ebay, got what I paid for. I would never use again. 

Jul 5, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #6,559 of 7,699
Let me ask, do you belive the story? That there are a pair of ie80, and even a batch, produced and released by sennheiser that have only 4 dots on a ear.

No, I do not believe that. Most likely that is fake. But I could hardly believe a well-known nationwide reseller would sell fake units.

I am curious though @Leifman, how you were convinced, your IE80 is original. Did you get a fake one to compare?

Jul 5, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #6,560 of 7,699
  No, I do not believe that. Most likely that is fake. But I could hardly believe a well-known nationwide reseller would sell fake units.

I am curious though @Leifman, how you were convinced, your IE80 is original. Did you get a fake one to compare?

Sennheiser told people that most people that are not on the authorised sellers page, could be selling fakes. 

Simply put, Romania has most major shops, and all shops which sell sennheiser products on that page, so if someone is not on that page, I would rather not risk it. 

I would not buy a sennheiser product from any shop that is not on that list, and as a matter of fact most shops that are not there, do not sell sennheiser products...

Jul 5, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #6,561 of 7,699

well, i went by the videos on youtube that compare fake and real, and mine in every single possible "fake giveaway" turn out genuine, other than that i believe that i would know by just hearing them if they are fake or not.
i was considering actually ordering some "fake" ones just to compare and i might do it just for the sake of it (but honestly i dont wanna waste the $ or rather give the fake chinese sellers the money, even if its not that much)
other than that this dude that is hell-bent on thinking i am a seller is just delirious to this point.
i created my user back when i bought my sennheiser ie80's to discuss the fake possibilities and see what people here thought, now apparently  because i did so and created this user for this purpose and hence only been active on this thread i am a "ebay seller" or someone that "promotes ebay ie 80 buying" lol, i just laugh from the idea of any of those 2.. (p.s. - i never said buying ie80's on ebay is a good idea to begin with.. this dude is just delirious)

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #6,562 of 7,699

well, i went by the videos on youtube that compare fake and real, and mine in every single possible "fake giveaway" turn out genuine, other than that i believe that i would know by just hearing them if they are fake or not.
i was considering actually ordering some "fake" ones just to compare and i might do it just for the sake of it (but honestly i dont wanna waste the $ or rather give the fake chinese sellers the money, even if its not that much)
other than that this dude that is hell-bent on thinking i am a seller is just delirious to this point.
i created my user back when i bought my sennheiser ie80's to discuss the fake possibilities and see what people here thought, now apparently  because i did so and created this user for this purpose and hence only been active on this thread i am a "ebay seller" or someone that "promotes ebay ie 80 buying" lol, i just laugh from the idea of any of those 2.. (fyi i never said buying ie80's on ebay is a good idea to begin with.. this dude is just delirious)

not exactly. 

Just very cautious. 

If you just want to make sure if they are fake, it is simple. On most fakes, the bass slider does not affect sound. 

P.S. It is more fun if I do things this way, don't you think?
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #6,563 of 7,699
  not exactly. 

Just very cautious. 

If you just want to make sure if they are fake, it is simple. On most fakes, the bass slider does not affect sound. 

yeah thats an obvious.. i got it to "5" on the bass on each ear and it was way too strong/bassy for me.. i felt like the bass sorta changed the natural sound of the mids/everything really.. and on "1" i feel like it has plenty of bass and is the most natural and best sound experience for me (i suppose its by preference)
and again, i am not promoting purchasing it on ebay, and like i said.. if u ask me specifically then i would say to NEVER buy ie 80's on ebay.. i was just lucky enough to actually find a genuine store from italy that like i said was stuck with 2012 stock of ie80's they couldn't sell in their stores due to italy's financial economy state nowdays and people not buying "expensive" headphones there...
i was simply happy with my new ie80s and wanted to share my happiness and update my previous posts and progress that is all.

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #6,564 of 7,699
I have got a genuine used IE80 selling on eBay at the moment. :D
(Obviously for more money than the brand new fake ones.) :wink:

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #6,567 of 7,699
It is safe to say that the IE80 has become a classic since it´s release in 2011. It will be hard to better this one by Sennheiser for a still acceptable Price, sure the siund of the IE800 might be better, but doesn´t justify it´s Price, as today there are a lot of great choices in the 700 Euro class, like the Stagediver SD4 to Name one, Listen mainly to progressive rock, I am also very happy with the IE80, and hope it will last Long.

They really should lowet The price of The ie80's. Its current price is completely ridiculous for what you get.thats how they should improve it imo.

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #6,569 of 7,699

It is safe to say that the IE80 has become a classic since it´s release in 2011. It will be hard to better this one by Sennheiser for a still acceptable Price, sure the siund of the IE800 might be better, but doesn´t justify it´s Price, as today there are a lot of great choices in the 700 Euro class, like the Stagediver SD4 to Name one, Listen mainly to progressive rock, I am also very happy with the IE80, and hope it will last Long.

Well, I own the IE8 so I'd call it genesis (and a classic too!).

I would like the IE80 but I'm wondering if there will be a revised model soon. About time right? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back