Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #5,088 of 7,699
  Its hard for me to get a good seal with the stock earbuds, but i do sometimes. Nevertheless I still hear sibilance.

If anything, a good or bad seal would not effect silibance, only bass. Silibance is usually associated with a particular recording i.e.: reproduction of the 'sss' sound. Some are recorded better or worse than others. If you hear sizzle all the time something is wrong with your 80's, like a blown/ripped diaphram.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #5,089 of 7,699
Ie80 have smooth treble and no sibilance at all to my ear. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #5,090 of 7,699
Maybe i'm using the wrong word to describe sound. I would now describe the sound as very bright. I know I have asked a similar question before but what can I expect after 100 hours of burn in?

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #5,091 of 7,699
Maybe i'm using the wrong word to describe sound. I would now describe the sound as very bright. I know I have asked a similar question before but what can I expect after 100 hours of burn in?

This doesn't sound like something that would be solved by "burn in". I have never read of anyone having problems with treble on the IE80's. Maybe speak to your supplier.

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #5,093 of 7,699
IE 80 and Fiio X3 is a good combination in my opinion. :) Real upgrade from my previous Cowon. No hiss at all, the sound is a bit more neutral, better balanced, very clean and clear, more detailed.
Soundstage is great, I feel more "space" in my head... 
Clarity and perfect balance of bass, mids and highs, which I enjoy the most...
I really didnt expect, to explore more potential in my IE80, but I was wrong... Dont even want to stop listening to music after 3 hours... :) Not to mention the power of X3. You can adjust the volume from 0-60, and I hardly ever go over 28, on low gain setting... It can drive even 300 ohm headphones...

(And you guys, struggling with isolation: do not give up. Finally I bought custom sleeves for my pair, but I think it is worth..) 

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #5,094 of 7,699
IE 80 and Fiio X3 is a good combination in my opinion. :) Real upgrade from my previous Cowon. No hiss at all, the sound is a bit more neutral, better balanced, very clean and clear, more detailed.

Soundstage is great, I feel more "space" in my head... 

Clarity and perfect balance of bass, mids and highs, which I enjoy the most...

I really didnt expect, to explore more potential in my IE80, but I was wrong... Dont even want to stop listening to music after 3 hours... :) Not to mention the power of X3. You can adjust the volume from 0-60, and I hardly ever go over 28, on low gain setting... It can drive even 300 ohm headphones...

(And you guys, struggling with isolation: do not give up. Finally I bought custom sleeves for my pair, but I think it is worth..) 

Thanks for your views on the X3 with IE80. I am considering getting one for better portability. I currently have a diymod and fiio e12. Have you by any chance used a diymod with your IE80? Would love to know how the X3 compares.

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #5,095 of 7,699
hi people, sorry for interrupt but i need help
i must to do quick decision so i want to ask you how good is Colorfly HIFI C4 Pro for ie80?
will they works fine together?
if not what is your recomendation?
HiSoundAudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition?

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #5,096 of 7,699
hi people, sorry for interrupt but i need help
i must to do quick decision so i want to ask you how good is Colorfly HIFI C4 Pro for ie80?
will they works fine together?
if not what is your recomendation?
HiSoundAudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition?

I have studio v 3rd anv and its the second best pairing i have tried with ie80 besides tera player. Never tried c4 before but ak100 is bad pairing for ie80 in my opinion. Dx100 is also good with ie80

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #5,099 of 7,699
My IE80s are connected to a HRT microstreamer - in case I connect the HRT to my nexus 5 (uning CM11 kernel) I loose the volume control functionality.
Could you please recommend a replacement cable or a (short) extension cable with volume control knob which pairs nice with the IE80 and not degrading the SQ very much?  

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #5,100 of 7,699
I tried using the tape mod and have the bass dial half way.. The mids seem to come up to the for front more making the detail more noticeable.. Took a little bit to get use to it.. Brain burn in.. To really sound good.. The bass seem faster and alot tighter.. I'm kinda really liking the ie80's this way alot.. Makes them sound more reference sounding.. Imo can definitely hear more detail..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back