Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #7,366 of 7,699
Tested the bass capabilities of these and holy moly do these output BASS! I took them out of me ears, plugged the port with my fingertips and these things were just vibrating like nobody's business!

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #7,368 of 7,699

I've done this and it works perfectly. The only difference in my method is to leave it soaking overnight. You can see the gunk the next morning. You then lift it out, making sure the grille is facing downwards and leave it to dry for a few minutes.

To avoid soaking the drivers I remove the cables and put each earpiece in a small bottle cap with just enough H202 to cover the grilles. If the cap is small enough it holds the earpiece so that it doesn't sit directly on the bottom of the cap.

Good luck. I thought I had a dead IE80 until I tried this.

I can't risk it.

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #7,369 of 7,699
I noticed my righthand Senn Ie80 is fainter. I thiught of trying the Hydro Pexide bath and unclipped it form chord and then for fun tried it on the lefthandside one...woked fine..Hmm O si put it back and now all seems ok back to normal.. The connection wasn't lose.
I brush the mesh every couple fo weeks with a qtip but have never noticed any dirt or build up. I dont have much earwax and besides clean them every day after shower with cotton bud.

I had never heard of massdrop so I googled it and found some kind of shop but the pic they have of IE80 do NOT look like genuine ones to me but fake. Not sure but there are some little details not right in photo.

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #7,370 of 7,699
I had never heard of massdrop so I googled it and found some kind of shop but the pic they have of IE80 do NOT look like genuine ones to me but fake. Not sure but there are some little details not right in photo.

Very unlikely that Massdrop would peddle fakes. They are not Sennheiser dealers in the strictest sense of the word; they are drop shipping agents. Their latest deal on the ie80 is pretty poor IMHO - you can get ie80 in the UK for 189 GBP (delivered) from a sennheiser dealer (HiFi Corner) with all the convenience that brings.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #7,371 of 7,699

Very unlikely that Massdrop would peddle fakes. They are not Sennheiser dealers in the strictest sense of the word; they are drop shipping agents. Their latest deal on the ie80 is pretty poor IMHO - you can get ie80 in the UK for 189 GBP (delivered) from a sennheiser dealer (HiFi Corner) with all the convenience that brings.

too expensive, my offer profitable.

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #7,372 of 7,699
I very carefully did the thing of dipping the tips of IE80 in Hydrogen Peroxide for about 5 miutes each. To be honest I noticed no difference afterwards . Either they were clean or they are no longer as good as they were 2 years ago? 

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #7,374 of 7,699
OK I did it up to the first plastic grove...not sure how high your mean...or where the parts that cannot be soaked start by looking at it from the outside. It would be useful o have a pic of the naked of earbud phone and and a mark to show on the various bumps and groves and indents up to where it should go? Can do??? Thanx. Oh does Hydrogen Peroxide come in various concentratins or strengths...my bottle does not indicate any such?
Cheers
ex Melbournian

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #7,375 of 7,699
well the driver is in the large area of the shell, not in the tube extension part of the IEM. nothing there but air, the metal mesh at the front, and possibly wax/dust.

Nov 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #7,376 of 7,699
Did anyone try their IE80s with the new LG V20 phone? Im currently using my IE80s with my LG G3 without any amps or dacs or soemthing (and obviously quite dissatisfied with the audio quality and volume of the G3) . As im thinking about buying the new V20, i wanna know if the IE 80s can utilize the enhanced audio features of the LG V20.

Thanks for your help!

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #7,378 of 7,699
  Did anyone try their IE80s with the new LG V20 phone? Im currently using my IE80s with my LG G3 without any amps or dacs or soemthing (and obviously quite dissatisfied with the audio quality and volume of the G3) . As im thinking about buying the new V20, i wanna know if the IE 80s can utilize the enhanced audio features of the LG V20.

Thanks for your help!

these headphones are capable of playing with any device without an amplifier because it's the village 2010 - 2011-year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back