Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #601 of 7,699

Quote:

If you want shoot me a PM and I can let you guys know of a trusted authorized dealer here in the states that has these. 

PM me PM me !

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #604 of 7,699

Quote:
It is almost certain they will sound different.  Sennheiser is releasing a whole new model, whereas in the past they have updated certain headphones while claiming the sound was unchanged (HD600, HD650)

Also, just because the specs are the same doesn't mean the driver is the same.  Many high end drivers have the same spec #'s.

Hmm, 

I contacted Sennheiser yesterday in regards to checking a registered product for my IE8's and they told me in text that the IE80 was a "cosmetic" upgrade

I hope they refined and improved the sound, but his word choice leads me to think there is little if any difference in the sound signature

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #605 of 7,699
@Vonx: missed a few pages there, did you, my friend? 
tongue.gif
 The two are noticeably different in sound, as has already been discussed.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #608 of 7,699

Quote:
X2
Amazon has ie8i for £199 if you interested.
Seems ie8 out of stock with most major UK online
stores & they don't have ie80's.
Anyone come across UK/EU trusted site with ie80s upto max
£200 ?

You can buy them in Sweden for around £176 right now. They're somewhere around £180 in a multitude of shops right now in Sweden, so I don't think it's just a sale or anything like that. They just seem to be a bit cheaper in Sweden right now. This is probably a subject to change, seeing as how expensive other headphones are in Sweden.

I'm thinking of buying me a set of IE80's after the holidays. That is, if they can keep their price under £200 over here.

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #609 of 7,699
Ya, my brother is in the business and assures me it's the same driver. Certainly the implementation could change the sound quite a bit.... like that metal face-plate!

blink.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #610 of 7,699

Quote:
Ya, my brother is in the business and assures me it's the same driver. Certainly the implementation could change the sound quite a bit.... like that metal face-plate!

Well, I'm sure glad I didn't bite the bullet and get a pair then!

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #611 of 7,699

Quote:

Well, I'm sure glad I didn't bite the bullet and get a pair then!

We're all nuts.... so don't let the facts sway you! I will probably buy the 80s when they hit the sales forum and try some of the Tx-500 Complys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back