Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #4,159 of 7,699
Hi guys! Just got my IE80s 3 days ago. And A am wowed of how great these lil buggers sound. they have beaten all of my previous purchases (mostly ANC cans). However, the seal is killing me >.<. tried the recommendations above (jvc tips), but still no good. sigh. guess ill be stuck with comply foams forever.

BTW do you guys think upgrading to a silver cable will have noticeable difference in the ie80's SQ?
I find the cable thin and flimsy. Quite afraid of using these in the gym. >.< What are your thoughts on this?

Feb 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #4,160 of 7,699
Quote:
... Quite afraid of using these in the gym. >.< What are your thoughts on this?

Personally I'd just not use such expensive IEMs in the gym where you're all sweaty and they could get damaged by the different types of apparel you use and so on. For the gym I'd just rather buy some cheap IEMs that wouldn't matter at all if they broke. There are some good sounding cheap IEMs as well.

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #4,166 of 7,699
Yep. Just a little. Maybe I'll get some ACS custom sleeves.

I've used them and you can read what I've said about it in my sig below. That said, they are good. But I've obviously worn mine done and part of the tip broke off after I rubbed it clean. Sq isn't affected though.

Otherwise, it's got great comfort and I hardly notice it and love the isolation with music on.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #4,167 of 7,699
NO HYBRIDS! They've got slim nozzle, that sucks with Senn IE. Only Wide nozzle. I've got some very comfortable large Mee tips, but sound is not true like Sennheiser IE do. But with this tips i can wear them with cord down, very comfortable and with good isolation, but sound isn't true. Also with full tape mod i've got some better results, but normal wear with stock single flange L tips now are still the best.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #4,168 of 7,699
Quote:
NO HYBRIDS! They've got slim nozzle, that sucks with Senn IE. Only Wide nozzle. I've got some very comfortable large Mee tips, but sound is not true like Sennheiser IE do. But with this tips i can wear them with cord down, very comfortable and with good isolation, but sound isn't true. Also with full tape mod i've got some better results, but normal wear with stock single flange L tips now are still the best.

Pity every wide nozzle tip I've tried kinda sucks balls. Hybrids still sounds better than complys, although the highs are more congested with the hybrids than with JVC mediums. The biggest change was from no tape mod to tape mod. The IE80 was simply unlistenable without the tape mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back