Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #4,142 of 7,699
Got my JVC tips today. The fit is slightly worse than the Sony hybrid 2 tips I had on previously(as the JVC is slightly shorter) but the sound is improved with more space between sounds. Wish they did a wide bore Sony hybrid.

Should have a pair of Phonak PFE 112s to test them against next week.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #4,148 of 7,699
Quote:
Had these over a year, went through 2 silver cables (silver galaxy and Toxic). Still can't find right tips. GG.

Did you try the sleeping earplug mod? 

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #4,151 of 7,699
My JVC tips arrived today and I'm trying them out now. They are light blue medium and my initial impression is that these give the best sound so far, out performing the Complys and the Mobeast. They have improvedclarity, a more focussed and defined bass and a wider sound stage. Isolation is negligible without music and so so at low volume. I don't necessarily see that as a negative.

Someone mentioned that the black JVCs are the best but I can't see how colour should make a difference. I wonder if I need the large ones instead. At $5 a go I suppose I can experiment.

The Radio Shack Auveo mediums are out of stock online and as I don't live in the US I can't get hold of these. Any ideas. I'm getting closer to the sound I want from these IEMs.

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #4,153 of 7,699
Quote:
My JVC tips arrived today and I'm trying them out now. They are light blue medium and my initial impression is that these give the best sound so far, out performing the Complys and the Mobeast. They have improvedclarity, a more focussed and defined bass and a wider sound stage. Isolation is negligible without music and so so at low volume. I don't necessarily see that as a negative.

Someone mentioned that the black JVCs are the best but I can't see how colour should make a difference. I wonder if I need the large ones instead. At $5 a go I suppose I can experiment.

The Radio Shack Auveo mediums are out of stock online and as I don't live in the US I can't get hold of these. Any ideas. I'm getting closer to the sound I want from these IEMs.

I agree with your description of the sound and isolation features of the JVC tips. If I really want to isolate I use foam, but the sound with the JVC tips is so good I don't care enough to swap them out on my daily train ride. I bought the large as well as the medium (both black), but the large simply doesn't seal properly at all. The medium tips, for $5, have been an excellent purchase for these IEMs :p

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #4,154 of 7,699
Quote:
I agree with your description of the sound and isolation features of the JVC tips. If I really want to isolate I use foam, but the sound with the JVC tips is so good I don't care enough to swap them out on my daily train ride. I bought the large as well as the medium (both black), but the large simply doesn't seal properly at all. The medium tips, for $5, have been an excellent purchase for these IEMs :p

Hi,

Can you provide the url or the website from which you bought the JVC ear tips?  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back