Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #2,687 of 7,699
Quote:
I think the CKM500 has a good balance slightly bassy, good mids and extended highs, more balanced than the other higher end ATH, to my ears at least.

so they sound like the gr07? i have been curious about the CKM500 as well. do you think they surpassed the ie80?

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #2,688 of 7,699
Quote:

so they sound like the gr07? i have been curious about the CKM500 as well. do you think they surpassed the ie80?

They surpass the IE80 due to the fact that Sennheiser magically makes fatiguing highs and sibilance disappear, just like the HD series, long listening eartime is much more pleasurable. The CKM 500 dent hide anything, bassy but not bloated, still detail retrieval is mentionable for this very low priced IEM.

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #2,690 of 7,699
Quote:
They surpass the IE80 due to the fact that Sennheiser magically makes fatiguing highs and sibilance disappear, just like the HD series, long listening eartime is much more pleasurable. The CKM 500 dent hide anything, bassy but not bloated, still detail retrieval is mentionable for this very low priced IEM.

So are you being sarcastic? Seems like you prefer the IE80 from your comment? While I do love detail myself it can be quite fatiguing when overdone. Also some mistaken overemphasized treble as detail which is wrong.

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,691 of 7,699
Quote:
So are you being sarcastic? Seems like you prefer the IE80 from your comment? While I do love detail myself it can be quite fatiguing when overdone. Also some mistaken overemphasized treble as detail which is wrong.

Don't mean to sound contradicting, just the Senns do really hide artifacts, When i use my highly detailed DT48, i say "what??" Where did that go on the Senns, if you know what i mean, the CKM does overemphasize and are harsh in the highs, but still at that price, its a steal....I'm just stating facts, details do make you fatigue, because you keep finding new textures and the sorts, the IE80 is great for carefree listening imho, especially on the move and don't feel like listening critically.

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #2,692 of 7,699
I didn't mean to offend lol just trying to figure out what you meant. The IE80s smooth nature is what really draws me to it. I'm sensitive as is especially in the treble region and I feel I get a lot of detail even with the IE80 but it's smooth and not harsh like many other phones out there. If I want more detail I'll plug in my FX700s :wink:.

Another thing to keep in mind is the source the IE80 is being paired with. You'd have to hear it through the Studio V or Rocoo BA to know what I mean. They just pair so well. The Hi-sound players are very detailed and it allows the IE80 to shine, making the IE80 more detailed yet non-fatiguing.

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #2,693 of 7,699
Quote:
I didn't mean to offend lol just trying to figure out what you meant. The IE80s smooth nature is what really draws me to it. I'm sensitive as is especially in the treble region and I feel I get a lot of detail even with the IE80 but it's smooth and not harsh like many other phones out there. If I want more detail I'll plug in my FX700s :wink:.

Another thing to keep in mind is the source the IE80 is being paired with. You'd have to hear it through the Studio V or Rocoo BA to know what I mean. They just pair so well. The Hi-sound players are very detailed and it allows the IE80 to shine, making the IE80 more detailed yet non-fatiguing.

Yes i would agree, every pair has their place. That's also why this hobby is addictive and poisonous.
beerchug.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #2,694 of 7,699
help advice needed. i wanted to buy an dac/amp combo for my ie80 to listen to music from my pc/laptop.
what DAC do you think that would pair well with the ie80? im thinking of getting the pico dac/amp combo.

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #2,695 of 7,699
Quote:
help advice needed. i wanted to buy an dac/amp combo for my ie80 to listen to music from my pc/laptop.
what DAC do you think that would pair well with the ie80? im thinking of getting the pico dac/amp combo.

Go with it, I don't find any reason not to. I would prefer the Centrance Dacport for a bit more or less, not sure about the prices.

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #2,696 of 7,699
Go with it, I don't find any reason not to. I would prefer the Centrance Dacport for a bit more or less, not sure about the prices.

I agree with maniac. If you have a good amp though I'd recommend the DACport LX as it is more transparent than the regular DACport. I use mine with an O2 amp and soon the new Leckerton UHA6 MKII. I'm a vocal junky so if you love vocals the LX is great. Maybe consider killing 2 birds with one stone, the MKII has a good DAC included as well.

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #2,697 of 7,699
Quote:
I don't get a good seal using the standard tips sennheiser provides. I use large single flange JVC tips I bought from amazon and that gives me a great seal. I don't have an issue with my seal constantly coming out like I use to. I also never found the IE8s or IE80s sibilant lol. I'd hate for you to hear some of the other IEMs if you consider them sibilant :p The EX1000 would make your head explode then :wink:

Thanks Lee, the large JVC tips was the one for me too ! I received it yesterday and I can say we have the same ears :)

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #2,698 of 7,699
Cool! Which JVC tips did you get? I got the large JVC HA-NCX77 tips. They just bring the most balance with the IE80s. Tones down the bass some and allows the mid-range to come more forward. Kinda funny how the JVC tips work well with the IE80s while the V-moda tips work best with the FX700s :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341299633&sr=8-1&keywords=JVC+HA-NCX77+Replacement+Silicone+Ear+Tips+Large

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #2,699 of 7,699
Quote:

Quote:
I agree with maniac. If you have a good amp though I'd recommend the DACport LX as it is more transparent than the regular DACport. I use mine with an O2 amp and soon the new Leckerton UHA6 MKII. I'm a vocal junky so if you love vocals the LX is great. May e consider killing 2 birds with one stone, the MKII has a good DAC I clouded as well.

thanks lee and maniac for the suggestion
regular_smile%20.gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #2,700 of 7,699
Quote:
Cool! Which JVC tips did you get? I got the large JVC HA-NCX77 tips. They just bring the most balance with the IE80s. Tones down the bass some and allows the mid-range to come more forward. Kinda funny how the JVC tips work well with the IE80s while the V-moda tips work best with the FX700s :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341299633&sr=8-1&keywords=JVC+HA-NCX77+Replacement+Silicone+Ear+Tips+Large

I bought them from a UK reseller on Ebay and its looks like the same as on Amazon picture : 

6 x JVC Replacement Ear Phone Ear Bud, Gel Tips In Various Colours Size Large

But I have no more information specified ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back