Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Oct 18, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #7,471 of 7,998
I also have the problem of ear tips coming off and staying behind in my ear when I remove the IE800.

Oct 21, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #7,473 of 7,998
I love their sound...right up there with my AKG-K3003i, but more robust, with thicker, shorter cable and right angle bend at the jack. However, the ear tips, despite their proprietary screw-on spiral grooves, often come off their nozzle and remain in my ears.

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #7,474 of 7,998
Hi guys,

Just bought the IE800 and they are amazing. The separation of the instruments is incredible . What in my opinion stands out about this iem's are the liveliness they give to any kind of music genre. The mids are so clear and the bass is spectacular, the bass quantity is not alot but the quality is mindblowing. I have noticed that if you put the iems really inside your ear the bass is even better. i just played "Chris Fortier - Trance America" in high resolution and it looked like i was really in another dimension, like time travel. Then i played Bill Evans in High Res. and it was incredible as well. The only "big" problem, have to say it, is the very thin cable that connects to the earphone even though is kevlar. They give 10 - 0 in sound to my 1 more triple. My next step in the future will be something like campfire atlas.

IMG_5476.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #7,475 of 7,998
Hi guys,

Just bought the IE800 and they are amazing. The separation of the instruments is incredible . What in my opinion stands out about this iem's are the liveliness they give to any kind of music genre. The mids are so clear and the bass is spectacular, the bass quantity is not alot but the quality is mindblowing. I have noticed that if you put the iems really inside your ear the bass is even better. i just played "Chris Fortier - Trance America" in high resolution and it looked like i was really in another dimension, like time travel. Then i played Bill Evans in High Res. and it was incredible as well. The only "big" problem, have to say it, is the very thin cable that connects to the earphone even though is kevlar. They give 10 - 0 in sound to my 1 more triple. My next step in the future will be something like campfire atlas.

Congratulations on your purchase! :)

Atlas is actually an interesting upgrade path :)

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #7,476 of 7,998
Hi guys,

Great to hear! One of the best things about the IE800 is that it's a dynamic driver, so you don't really have to worry about impedance or pairing issues.

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #7,477 of 7,998
I very much love my IE800 IEMs. I just wish that the (Sennheiser-proprietary, spiral-interior-threaded) tips would not come off in my ear!

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #7,478 of 7,998
Great to hear! One of the best things about the IE800 is that it's a dynamic driver, so you don't really have to worry about impedance or pairing issues.

To be honest, Ie800 is one of the few IEMs that is not picky about pairings to me, they can sound good out of a smartphone even :)

I very much love my IE800 IEMs. I just wish that the (Sennheiser-proprietary, spiral-interior-threaded) tips would not come off in my ear!

On this note, I wish they designed the cable above the Y split to be longer, had no propetary tips, and also that the silicone on the tips wasn't so slippery, those are actual complaints I hear a lot about them...

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #7,479 of 7,998
After having them by 1 month, I have to admit these are by far the worst in ears to put on the ears. I tought people were exagerating in the forums but it really is that horrible. In terms of sound needless to say it looks like i am in heaven every time i put them

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #7,480 of 7,998
After having them by 1 month, I have to admit these are by far the worst in ears to put on the ears. I tought people were exagerating in the forums but it really is that horrible. In terms of sound needless to say it looks like i am in heaven every time i put them

Yeah, amazing sound, but really poor overall comfort.

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #7,481 of 7,998
Yeah, amazing sound, but really poor overall comfort.
I Always listen with the IE800 with cable over ear. If you can deal with the shorter length from the Y split, I get a much better seal.

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #7,482 of 7,998
I Always listen with the IE800 with cable over ear. If you can deal with the shorter length from the Y split, I get a much better seal.

I found I was stressed by this as well, with the cable over-the-ear, the sibilance is a bit much, seems that the resonant sibilants are greater in my ears if I'm wearing them over-the-ear, sop wearing straight-down was the only option...

I still love their sound and tink they sound amazing, if only the comfort was better..... :)

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #7,483 of 7,998
I lost my IE800. then flew to england and missplaced my IE800s. Pissed about that. Also my DX200 got water damage, Alzo piszed about that./ Was extremely happy with the combo, but now need to look a a new set up.

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #7,485 of 7,998
There is an open boxed ie800 and ie800S for sale on our local forum for 1K USD. Waiting for it to go down further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back