Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Mar 31, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #6,751 of 7,998
ok, thank you for any additional info on the new IE 800.

New PR guy! 

Hope to get some more info on the new line.

so are you working with Sennheiser ?, as we are starting to get confused, as we would like to see more interaction from sennheiser side which is kinda lacking 

so if you work for sennheiser then welcome and we promise that we will take it easy on you

so first question why on earth did sennheiser make a great iem, but with 2 big flaws, first the cable and then the tips which get discussed by so many people. And you add insult to injury by making it impossible to even use other tips or change the cable?
the cable honestly just I could not imagine how on earth that has passed discussion rooms during design peroid, in the end send my greeting to axel and just inform him that those issues just will be a mystery question that only can be de-claissifed god knows when

Yes, thank you for the warm welcome! Yes. I am the new official Ambassador and Community Manager for Sennheiser here on Head-fi. Sennheiser wants to make it easy for you guys to get the answers that you are looking for, and I can either provide those answers directly or get them from the Sennheiser engineers for you. Sound good?

Second, there isn't a completely new IE 800... but with the same sound tuning, there is the new Dior Homme Collection, including a recolored IE 800 with a matching wallet-case.

I want that case! :D

In regard to the connection, one thing I like about Sennheiser's different cable-detachment point is where the tension and release point is in an event of a snag. Some of the pin-type connectors that are at the ear pod can bend or stress the IEM capsule. On the IE 800, the cable is able to release at a safer point of the Y-split, which can help dodge some potential durability issues on the ear pod. As a portable headphone for use on-the-go, this can contribute to extra longevity in the face of the inevitable jostles and snags you run into along the way.

I can't speak to the availability of 3rd party tips to use instead of the 5 sizes included, but personal comfort is of course paramount and I'll bring it up in the next meeting.

As with all things, we’re always open to feedback and we value our customers opinions, so if you disagree, by all means let us know so we can consider your feedback for future designs down the road.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 31, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #6,752 of 7,998
Yes, thank you for the warm welcome! Yes. I am the new official Ambassador and Community Manager for Sennheiser here on Head-fi. Sennheiser wants to make it easy for you guys to get the answers that you are looking for, and I can either provide those answers directly or get them from the Sennheiser engineers for you. Sound good?

Second, there isn't a completely new IE 800... but with the same sound tuning, there is the new Dior Homme Collection, including a recolored IE 800 with a matching wallet-case.

I want that case!
biggrin.gif

In regard to the connection, one thing I like about Sennheiser's different cable-detachment point is where the tension and release point is in an event of a snag. Some of the pin-type connectors that are at the ear pod can bend or stress the IEM capsule. On the IE 800, the cable is able to release at a safer point of the Y-split, which can help dodge some potential durability issues on the ear pod. As a portable headphone for use on-the-go, this can contribute to extra longevity in the face of the inevitable jostles and snags you run into along the way.

I can't speak to the availability of 3rd party tips to use instead of the 5 sizes included, but personal comfort is of course paramount and I'll bring it up in the next meeting.

As with all things, we’re always open to feedback and we value our customers opinions, so if you disagree, by all means let us know so we can consider your feedback for future designs down the road.

Woah! 

Now I need to hear them and have a pair! 

These look like the next-gen ie800 everyone's been waiting for and I love the stylish new housing! 

Please tell us they'll be coming soon in stores and such!!!! 

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #6,755 of 7,998
  I saw the announcement for the Dior Homme collection on FB and immediately thought it is a joke. Can it be coincidence to make announcement for it on April 1st?

LOL!   I kind of thought that myself.  Does anybody remember Ultimate Ears infamous Aprils Fool's prank where they claiemd to be releasing a 20 driver iem.  It was a bit before I was lurking on here, but kinda funny.  I have heard people talking about the prank later.  If this limited edition IE800 is real it is uber nice.

Cheers

Riley

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #6,756 of 7,998
Thank you, Sennheiser, for all the new info. Glad to have you aboard. :D

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #6,757 of 7,998
I for one am really hyped about this! 

I'm still in love with muh ie800 and seriously want to see what is the next thing they've cooked! 

Since nothing beat ie800 for me yet, and those new ones seem to have some changes in materials, I am curious to analyse in depth what the differences in sound are 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #6,759 of 7,998
  one of the best IEMs with soundstage but the bass and mid-bass could use some tremendous improvements

IE800 v2 would probably fix

You want less bass and mid bass? 
biggrin.gif

Because I surely wouldn't want to go for more - it is exactly how much I want / like it to be 
wink.gif

In fact, there is very little I would ever change to ie800. Maybe the midrange, I would psuh forward with 1-2 DB and maybe the upper bass / lower mids push up with 1-2 dB but nothing more  
etysmile.gif

As always, ie800 made me one happy owner, can't wait to see what else they got in store for us 

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #6,760 of 7,998
What ever tips I try I cannot get a good seal. Total nightmare.
And forget about walking with these because they literally fall out at the slightest head movement.
Utterly useless

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #6,762 of 7,998
What ever tips I try I cannot get a good seal. Total nightmare.
And forget about walking with these because they literally fall out at the slightest head movement.
Utterly useless

I use a pair of Bose Stayhear tips. I just take off the original tip, press the stayhear over the IE 800 and put back the original tip and voila I have a secure fit, even when running...

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-StayHear-Headphone-Tips-Medium/dp/B0041OQ03C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491121051&sr=8-1&keywords=stayhear

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #6,763 of 7,998
Lost an earbud for my IE800's already when i was walking with them in my pocket. Really pinned me off. It is the medium tip that is installed right? As that was the perfect fit for me. Now im using the large in the mean time. It is fairly pricey to replace considering its just an earbud. Aroun £13 for a new set... not as pricey as i thought butt still enough for what it is

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #6,764 of 7,998
Ok guys i told you that since a member in this thread was talking about how sennheisers warranty is that id also talk about shures. I just received my parcel from them and they replaced both the left and right ear pieces. Only the left was faulty but they replaced both and even gave me a free cable. Top notch id say. Now i can compare the Ie800 to the se846 even better!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back