1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's

First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last
  1. cfc7

What source do you use with the IE800?

2. Sennheiser
    Thanks, I'll have to tell Axel Grell and the product managers!

Well, I'll have to ask the product managers, haha! I'll be "training" myself on getting personal familiarity on as many of our headphones as possible, but meanwhile I'll ask too.
    :D

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Sennheiser https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://en-us.sennheiser.com/
  3. kuebler

Well, did I learn something?

Yes, I did: Sennheiser is not Sennheiser... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dobrescu George

Hi. I haven't seen a ton of activity on Senn official account on this thread, but we're glad to have you here! 

I'm really enthused about your new ie800 actually. They look really dope and I'm really curious how they sound! 

Please let us know more details about them when you can! 

5. les_garten

I would agree with most of what you say here except the build quality section.

You should call it Build Design or Build Philosophy or something else.  Because Sennheiser did it that way because they wanted to, and I believe they executed the design perfectly in reference with what they set out to do.  The early ones, after extended use, got hard and that was indeed a design flaw and quality issue.  But you can't buy a 2-door car and complain because it doesn't have 4 doors, re: the non-detachable cable.

The Midrange, sounds like Sennheiser in my experience.  It is mid theater as opposed to a Grado's hanging off the stage presentation where you are so close you could get electrocuted!

The Bass to me is spot on(for me at least).  It only goes crazy on Crazy music that was recorded to be Bass crazy.  In which case, it gives you what you crave...

Glad you like yours, I like mine as well.

First Spin?

Eagles -  Hell Freezes Over - Hotel California,  had to hear that one first

Next  ...  Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense whole DVD

I did run through a ton of notoriously heavy handed Bass tracks to see if there was anything objectionable.  There wasn't.  I said WOW!,  a lot!

Evshrug and Sennheiser like this.
  6. les_garten

Because of counterfeiting, I would have insisted you send it back as well.

7. cellarbro

counterfeiting on the case? 

8. les_garten

Not the case.

But a "loose" genuine case and a clone IE800 would be good to go for a scam.

The counterfeiters clone the earphones better than the cases!  The cases have "Tells"

Also most manufacturers don't like defective products in circulation because it basically damages their reputation, thus wanting them sent back to remove them from circulation..

Some would use it for Quality control to submit to their quality assurance team and see if the problem exists in high enough numbers that it needs to be tracked down. and the issue resolved that caused the complaint.

cellarbro likes this.
  9. cellarbro

Haha. I definitely hear where your coming from. The case was kind was from an unrelated post about shure. The defective case was from the SE846 but definitely I see where you are going with it about them getting rid of defective products in circulation.

Don't think I have seen any fake SE846 out there in the clear color yet. IE800 on the other hand thats a different story.

10. jwbrent

ok, thank you for any additional info on the new IE 800.

11. cellarbro

New PR guy! 

Hope to get some more info on the new line.

12. kuebler

Really nice dreams...     [​IMG]

And so overwhelmingly realistic...   ​ [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Sound Eq
    so are you working with Sennheiser ?, as we are starting to get confused, as we would like to see more interaction from sennheiser side which is kinda lacking 

so if you work for sennheiser then welcome and we promise that we will take it easy on you

so first question why on earth did sennheiser make a great iem, but with 2 big flaws, first the cable and then the tips which get discussed by so many people. And you add insult to injury by making it impossible to even use other tips or change the cable?
    the cable honestly just I could not imagine how on earth that has passed discussion rooms during design peroid, in the end send my greeting to axel and just inform him that those issues just will be a mystery question that only can be de-claissifed god knows when

Sennheiser likes this.
  14. cfc7
    I'm also very curious about an answer to this question.

15. les_garten

I don't see anything wrong with the cable except it's too short.

I have ambivalent feelings about replaceable cables.  It's a strong point and a weak point.  I don't roll cables, so the non-replaceable nature is not an issue there.  If I destroyed my cables a lot I might feel different.  I pretty much treat them like they are worth $850 all the time.

The earpieces are designed with sound in mind.  They are very open and have the protective grill.

I didn't realize how open and un-shrouding they were till I started to try and get better retention earpieces and started paying attention to this thread.  That's when you start noticing how open the orifice is.

In execution they have retention issues IMO.  Hence all the posts here about it.

First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last