Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 7, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #6,361 of 7,998

Ohhh, I agree...

I Paid $800 for mine over a year ago.  More with Tax!!!  Like $852 or something

The clones are great for $40, but to know I paid $169 for a clone would give me some Heartburn.

I got some heartburn about the original price on mine as well...

I'm sorry it's $. I agree with you guys $169 is too much to ask for fake one.  I still don't understand the seller posted that they installed some of non original parts to make it working again so then I am not sure which parts of those non original were used. I think I will return and found new one from Crutchfield.com open box for $719.99 and scratch one for $679.99. 

Beware of the 2 from Crutchfield as well.  Make sure to check them against the Fakes comparisons as well.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #6,363 of 7,998
Thank you for advice I understand what you mean. It seems buying the new one from authorized retailer is the sure thing.

There should be many authorised resellers in every country, try to go with the list of resellers from Sennheiser's own site for best protection 
biggrin.gif
. They usually also offer good prices as well!

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #6,364 of 7,998
If it's too good to be true, it's probably too good to be true 
redface.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #6,365 of 7,998

Ohhh, I agree...

I Paid $800 for mine over a year ago.  More with Tax!!!  Like $852 or something

The clones are great for $40, but to know I paid $169 for a clone would give me some Heartburn.

I got some heartburn about the original price on mine as well...

I'm sorry it's $. I agree with you guys $169 is too much to ask for fake one.  I still don't understand the seller posted that they installed some of non original parts to make it working again so then I am not sure which parts of those non original were used. I think I will return and found new one from Crutchfield.com open box for $719.99 and scratch one for $679.99. 

Check Amazon, I bought mine new for $668. I confirmed the authenticity and I'm very happy.

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #6,366 of 7,998
  I just got the IE800 from this ebay seller and seems not exactly as shown in the picture.  The sign of "S" is another way around but I am still skeptical to whether return or keep it. But the sound is amazing.  The seller has 100% positive feedback that's why I bought from them.  Just hoping that I got the genuine one.

I was - and am - in a similar situation: Some 2 months ago I purchased some used IE800 for $200, only to realize with the help of the fake IE800 thread, that mine were fakes. After first having been extremely pissed off, I noticed a remark of Rob80b, that his fakes were sounding astonishingly close to the real IE800, barely distinguishable.

And indeed, I found mine sounding very well. I compared them with my Sony MDR-EX1000, which was the last non-BA flagship IEM from Sony and had got very good tests, also here in Head-Fi. My fake IE800 sounded quite similar, but in my view even a bit better. So we are definitively talking about high quality sound. But the question whether a real IE800 might sound even better, did nag me over the whole time, and so today I took a long journey to a Sennheiser dealer with IE800. The result absolutely stunned me! Trigger warning: true audiophiles may feel shocked or worse from what I have to say... 

I found the real IE800 significantly worse than my fake. I'm aware, that I'm talking about one of the very best IEMs, and never would I claim to know it better than Sennheiser or others. But this does not change the fact, that for me the real IE800 sounded somewhat dull in comparison, much less desirable for myself, in a mixture of music genres. The salesman, quite young, did also a test, but he found the real IE800 better, finding my fake too bright. This may make sense, because at 67 my ears' frequency response is definitively weak in the highs. But this applies to listening to the EX1000 as well, and it also applied to my former listening to my HD 800, which I used for years until 3 months ago (so I can't any longer compare). 

I feel no longer interested in a real IE800, regardless of the price, and my present worry is only, how I would be left if my fake should brake or get lost. Because I know, that there have been plenty of fake variants, I have no chance to get a reserve. For which I would pay again $200 in a heartbeat...

To cut a long story short: If you, tom159, find your fake sounding "amazing", then you may consider to just keep and enjoy it. Otherwise you run the risk of adding significant money and losing much subjektive pleasure!

The more subtle message behind my post: you won't automatically enter "audio nirvana" by shelling out the money for a real IE800...

Just my 2 cent...

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #6,367 of 7,998
Feb 7, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #6,369 of 7,998
  I was - and am - in a similar situation: Some 2 months ago I purchased some used IE800 for $200, only to realize with the help of the fake IE800 thread, that mine were fakes. After first having been extremely pissed off, I noticed a remark of Rob80b, that his fakes were sounding astonishingly close to the real IE800, barely distinguishable.

And indeed, I found mine sounding very well. I compared them with my Sony MDR-EX1000, which was the last non-BA flagship IEM from Sony and had got very good tests, also here in Head-Fi. My fake IE800 sounded quite similar, but in my view even a bit better. So we are definitively talking about high quality sound. But the question whether a real IE800 might sound even better, did nag me over the whole time, and so today I took a long journey to a Sennheiser dealer with IE800. The result absolutely stunned me! Trigger warning: true audiophiles may feel shocked or worse from what I have to say... 

I found the real IE800 significantly worse than my fake. I'm aware, that I'm talking about one of the very best IEMs, and never would I claim to know it better than Sennheiser or others. But this does not change the fact, that for me the real IE800 sounded somewhat dull in comparison, much less desirable for myself, in a mixture of music genres. The salesman, quite young, did also a test, but he found the real IE800 better, finding my fake too bright. This may make sense, because at 67 my ears' frequency response is definitively weak in the highs. But this applies to listening to the EX1000 as well, and it also applied to my former listening to my HD 800, which I used for years until 3 months ago (so I can't any longer compare). 

I feel no longer interested in a real IE800, regardless of the price, and my present worry is only, how I would be left if my fake should brake or get lost. Because I know, that there have been plenty of fake variants, I have no chance to get a reserve. For which I would pay again $200 in a heartbeat...

To cut a long story short: If you, tom159, find your fake sounding "amazing", then you may consider to just keep and enjoy it. Otherwise you run the risk of adding significant money and losing much subjektive pleasure!

The more subtle message behind my post: you won't automatically enter "audio nirvana" by shelling out the money for a real IE800...

Just my 2 cent...

Thank you for your advice.  I'm thinking about it since it can produce really great sound and I still have 25 days return period.

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #6,371 of 7,998
Greetings

I am not happy at all with Sennheiser Customer service support and this will be my last purchase from Sennheiser 

As I mentioned earlier few days ago, that suddenly the right side of my ie800 stopped working. I have bought it from a guy who bought it from Belgium, and I have no receipt, and now I reside in Israel for few months and when I contacted the importer they said they need the receipt. I do not have one as I mentioned earlier and I am sure its less than 2 years old. The importer told me that they will charge me if they will fix it as if it was not under warranty. And also might not do anything and they will treat me like a person who has no warranty at all.

So I sent an email to Sennheiser Europe HQ few days ago, and so far no reply what so ever 

If i pay premium price for an iem like ie800, I should not have to go through this hell just for a lost receipt, and that a serial number should be enough to warrant repairs. What bugged me most is the Sennheiser HQ who did not even reply at all.

This is really really bad customer service for a company of that caliber

I am so disappointed more than words can say. Really bad customer support, compared to other companies who are hailed by their customers service here.

Word of caution to any new ie800 purchasers, read my case and know that you are not in for a treat if you have a damaged ie800 and lost your receipt

Cheers

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #6,372 of 7,998
  Greetings

I am not happy at all with Sennheiser Customer service support and this will be my last purchase from Sennheiser 

As I mentioned earlier few days ago, that suddenly the right side of my ie800 stopped working. I have bought it from a guy who bought it from Belgium, and I have no receipt, and now I reside in Israel for few months and when I contacted the importer they said they need the receipt. I do not have one as I mentioned earlier and I am sure its less than 2 years old. The importer told me that they will charge me if they will fix it as if it was not under warranty. And also might not do anything and they will treat me like a person who has no warranty at all.

So I sent an email to Sennheiser Europe HQ few days ago, and so far no reply what so ever 

If i pay premium price for an iem like ie800, I should not have to go through this hell just for a lost receipt, and that a serial number should be enough to warrant repairs. What bugged me most is the Sennheiser HQ who did not even reply at all.

This is really really bad customer service for a company of that caliber

I am so disappointed more than words can say. Really bad customer support, compared to other companies who are hailed by their customers service here.

Word of caution to any new ie800 purchasers, read my case and know that you are not in for a treat if you have a damaged ie800 and lost your receipt

Cheers

Usually warranties require a receipt of proof or purchase and are only good for the original purchaser.

These are your issues, not Sennheiser's

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #6,373 of 7,998

Usually warranties require a receipt of proof or purchase and are only good for the original purchaser.

These are your issues, not Sennheiser's

Greetings

What you said is just non sense with all respect.

I had an HP laptop that broke on me and I just gave them my serial number and they did not ask for receipt

What you mentioned, is a lame excuse for a company to screw over their customers

Cheers

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #6,374 of 7,998
  Greetings

I had an HP laptop that broke on me and I just gave them my serial number and they did not ask for receipt

What you mentioned, is a lame excuse for a company to screw over their customers

Cheers

This ain't HP

You don't get warranties like you want them.

You get them as they are.

Have you even read this?

http://cco-support.sennheiser.com/en/warranty-conditions

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #6,375 of 7,998
  Greetings

I've had some brands replace my stuff without the receipt, however, in ALL those cases the product had been launched much less than two years ago, e,g. six months or so. That alone showed it was impossible to be over the warranty period.

The IE800 have been launched at more than 1 year (or two years, if you consider the warranty period in the EU), so they can be out of warranty period. That's how it works. The HQ might even help you out, but under those conditions it would mostly be for a matter of courtesy. It's possible that from the serial they are able to know the production batch/date and consider that.

Always get at least a PDF of the receipts whenever possible, especially for products that were released more than 1 or 2 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back