Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 8, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #6,376 of 7,998

This ain't HP

You don't get warranties like you want them.

You get them as they are.

Have you even read this?

http://cco-support.sennheiser.com/en/warranty-conditions

Well this means I will sue any sales person who will not tell me loud and clear I have to keep my receipt for 2 years in case of warranty, as I as customer do not have time to scan their multiple links to know the conditions of warranty 

What a lame excuse to screw up and cover for it

Cheers

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #6,377 of 7,998
Well this means I will sue any sales person who will not tell me loud and clear I have to keep my receipt for 2 years in case of warranty, as I as customer do not have time to scan their multiple links to know the conditions of warranty 

What a lame excuse to screw up and cover for it

Cheers

I work in retail in Australia, and the consumer gets nothing without proof of purchase, and certainly not for the second owner.. I think your expectations are too high. You buy second hand, you take a risk if it breaks...

Good luck suing a salesperson... its common knowledge that you need proof of purchase for warranty..

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #6,378 of 7,998
  Greetings

I am not happy at all with Sennheiser Customer service support and this will be my last purchase from Sennheiser 

As I mentioned earlier few days ago, that suddenly the right side of my ie800 stopped working. I have bought it from a guy who bought it from Belgium, and I have no receipt, and now I reside in Israel for few months and when I contacted the importer they said they need the receipt. I do not have one as I mentioned earlier and I am sure its less than 2 years old. The importer told me that they will charge me if they will fix it as if it was not under warranty. And also might not do anything and they will treat me like a person who has no warranty at all.

So I sent an email to Sennheiser Europe HQ few days ago, and so far no reply what so ever 

If i pay premium price for an iem like ie800, I should not have to go through this hell just for a lost receipt, and that a serial number should be enough to warrant repairs. What bugged me most is the Sennheiser HQ who did not even reply at all.

This is really really bad customer service for a company of that caliber

I am so disappointed more than words can say. Really bad customer support, compared to other companies who are hailed by their customers service here.

Word of caution to any new ie800 purchasers, read my case and know that you are not in for a treat if you have a damaged ie800 and lost your receipt

Cheers

You need to eat some humble pie and contact your ex-friend for that receipt.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #6,382 of 7,998
  Any genres or particular songs anyone here would recommend for IE800 listening? I find that I am discovering new music that I didn't used to enjoy just because the way they are presented on the IE800.

​Mmm..

Lisa Salvo - I Could Have Been a Castle
Lindsay Sterling - Any album
Tindersticks - Any album
Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse and Experimental Jetset Trash and No Star

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #6,383 of 7,998
  Any genres or particular songs anyone here would recommend for IE800 listening? I find that I am discovering new music that I didn't used to enjoy just because the way they are presented on the IE800.

​Mmm..

Lisa Salvo - I Could Have Been a Castle
Lindsay Sterling - Any album
Tindersticks - Any album
Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse and Experimental Jetset Trash and No Star

I strongly suggest we don't do this 
biggrin.gif

Music tastes can vary from Lady Gaga to Offspring to Amon Amarth to Coffinshakers to Leningrad to Maroon 5, to Eminem to Akira Yamaoka to Five Finger Death Punch to Painted in Exile to Mojo Juju to La Dispute to Protest the Hero to Muse To Maximum the Hormone to Electric Six to KORN to SOAD to Machinae Supremacy to Silva Hound. 

The point is that I just listed a few of the bands I listen to and love with ie800. You will like at least one and dislike at least one from that list, no matter what headphones you use 
etysmile.gif

That is because the tastes within a single individual and especially between different individuals can vary way too much to just say that a song sounds great with ie800. 

I can keep telling you about more bands if you want. 

And the songs mentioned above are quite good - I would listen to those as well! 

Feb 8, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #6,384 of 7,998

I strongly suggest we don't do this 
biggrin.gif

Music tastes can vary from Lady Gaga to Offspring to Amon Amarth to Coffinshakers to Leningrad to Maroon 5, to Eminem to Akira Yamaoka to Five Finger Death Punch to Painted in Exile to Mojo Juju to La Dispute to Protest the Hero to Muse To Maximum the Hormone to Electric Six to KORN to SOAD to Machinae Supremacy to Silva Hound. 

The point is that I just listed a few of the bands I listen to and love with ie800. You will like at least one and dislike at least one from that list, no matter what headphones you use 
etysmile.gif

That is because the tastes within a single individual and especially between different individuals can vary way too much to just say that a song sounds great with ie800. 

I can keep telling you about more bands if you want. 

And the songs mentioned above are quite good - I would listen to those as well! 

​Ha. I'd rather talk about music suggestions then debate endlessly about what headphones are best, why people should purchase product "x" over "y" talk audiophile bollocks about texture, dynamics.. about "oooh you need this amp to get the best of product "x" over "y"  lol haha. I think that's my cue to leave this thread and Headfi in general....

Goodbye folks:)

Feb 8, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #6,385 of 7,998

​Ha. I'd rather talk about music suggestions then debate endlessly about what headphones are best, why people should purchase product "x" over "y" talk audiophile bollocks about texture, dynamics.. about "oooh you need this amp to get the best of product "x" over "y"  lol haha. I think that's my cue to leave this thread and Headfi in general....

Goodbye folks:)

Not at all! 

I also love talking about music, it's just that you have to have a very open mind before doing this! 

There are a few threads dedicated especially for this and while stalking them I learned about many amazing bands that became my daily listened bands! You should check those threads out if you're curious about music. 

Also, I do think that you recommandations are very good, I meant mostly that we should avoid derailing things too much ! 

Don't feel bad about it, but people spending 700$ on a IEM, or who will spend 700$ on one are probably gong to want to know amps, textures and dynamics.

Lately, I'm unable to enjoy music at all with a headphone or speaker that's opposed to my tastes - so equipment matters a lot.

Then again, there are 5$ that I find very good - so it's not a matter of price but a matter of taste and preferences, always seek and do what you love 
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #6,387 of 7,998
Feb 9, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #6,388 of 7,998
If they are getting an ie800S on the market like they did with HD800S, this might turn out  to be interesting! 

Very true! But let's keep our expectations low until they have responded, for not getting frustrated...    
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #6,390 of 7,998
Does anybody know, whether there is something like Sennheiser's RCS 800 (i.e. their standard 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter cable, but with mic and remote control) is also available from third parties? At a lower price than Sennheiser's quite "ambitious" 130 bucks? On AliExpress I didn't recognize anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back