Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Nov 10, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #5,792 of 7,998
I'll be getting the Vega over the weekend.

I also have the ie800 and will give a comparison.  But be warned... the ie800 never fancied me as much :frowning2:.  not having over ear and the wires being so short always
annoyed me.  

I wear the ie800 overear, but anyway, please just get the best sound you can from each (Ken Ball at Campfire Audio recommends heavy burn-in for the DLC coated drivers of the Vega), listen with an open mind and then share with us what you hear. Thanks!

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #5,793 of 7,998
I wear the ie800 overear, but anyway, please just get the best sound you can from each (Ken Ball at Campfire Audio recommends heavy burn-in for the DLC coated drivers of the Vega), listen with an open mind and then share with us what you hear. Thanks!

I must have a huge head because wearing them over ear the cord where it spits is right under my chin.
I'll definitely keep a open mind.  Let you know when I get them and test them out!

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #5,794 of 7,998
  I must have a huge head because wearing them over ear the cord where it spits is right under my chin.
I'll definitely keep a open mind.  Let you know when I get them and test them out!

That is normal, this is about the size ie800 has. 

But you can wear straight down if you use the cable splitter which acts as a microphonic noise attenuator. 

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #5,795 of 7,998
Lost 
frown.gif
then found 
biggrin.gif
another one of my tips....

Maybe these work and at only .05 cents a piece one gets a 1000 for the price of one pair on Senns. : )

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #5,796 of 7,998
  Lost 
frown.gif
then found 
biggrin.gif
another one of my tips....

Maybe these work and at only .05 cents a piece one gets a 1000 for the price of one pair on Senns. : )

No tips work as well as the original ones Senn made or tips that used the same plastic locking mechanism, but some tips are said to work well, like spinfit (?) 

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #5,797 of 7,998

No tips work as well as the original ones Senn made or tips that used the same plastic locking mechanism, but some tips are said to work well, like spinfit (?) 

​for me spinfit keep getting stuck in my ears no matter what I tried

what amazes me is always always when I go back to my ie800 I simply love what I hear

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #5,799 of 7,998

​for me spinfit keep getting stuck in my ears no matter what I tried

what amazes me is always always when I go back to my ie800 I simply love what I hear

There is no going back after hearing ie800... nothing comes close IEM wise. And I do look forward for what will come close! 

I personally am okay with the included tips, they just need to be washed almost after every usage for best results. Otherwise the tips get oily and they slip out of the ears. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #5,800 of 7,998
I never washed my tips yet, they never separated from the iems, they never fell out of my ears or got stuck inside! All I do after listening I kinda clean the iems and tips with a soft dry cloth and leave them out in the open air to dry off the kinda moist air from within the years. Never had a single issue! 3 months old.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #5,801 of 7,998
I never washed my tips yet, they never separated from the iems, they never fell out of my ears or got stuck inside! All I do after listening I kinda clean the iems and tips with a soft dry cloth and leave them out in the open air to dry off the kinda moist air from within the years. Never had a single issue! 3 months old.

If that works for you, it's great! 

I have more... sweaty ears. Let's say that it depends on everyone's individual body on how much sweat / oils the skin produces and how persistent those are. The cable hardening also happened only to a few users, I wouldn't be shocked if cable hardening and slippery tips happened to the same users, since it's mostly a problem of biology on whom will get those two problems.. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #5,802 of 7,998
Guys, is there anyone in London with verified genuine IE800 I can compare mine with ? I bought mine from CEX and the box verifies as authentic, but want to make sure.

As you know CEX sells used gear, and the box was open, the IEM sounds amazing but I have my reservations after auditioning straight from the iPhone.

Anyway let me know, and I'll treat you to a beer/drink for your time.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #5,804 of 7,998
To sobi, look for the post with pictures and all, though straight from a phone they do not sound as good as from an amp, they DO sound amazing. They HAVE to! Just less impactful and punchy, but very detailed as well.

To George, I live in Bucharest, it feels good to talk to you here. It might matter that I always make a ritual of cleaning my ears before using them. Also with my HD800... Clean, dry hair etc. Also related to the wire problem, many cosmetics today contain mineral oils which totally destroy silicon and natural rubber. I have lost some cheaper cables and sunglasses earhooks to the mineral oils in my hair cosmetics before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back