Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Nov 14, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #5,806 of 7,990
Hi, I noticed that your IE800 also has the same gold ring at the Y connector as mine. Mine was purchased directly from Sennheiser Singapore. In fact I have 2 pairs and both have the same gold ring.

Thanks Joel, that helps !
  Check my post here for visual reference.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/700604/fake-senheiser-ie800/195#post_12703315

Also many thanks Rob, mine have the texture there, with very clean edges, so it looks like they're genuine. Can't get the focus on the phone to showcase that though.
The sound is intoxicating and indeed can hear every little detail, and I hate to think I have to send them back. Just that sometimes they seem muddled at the extremes of a sound (cymbals or sub-bass).

But maybe I am being unfair to it since I just got them 2 days ago and have not had time to listen on a proper rig (DAC + Head Amp).
Will post my impressions in a few days once I get a proper listen on the HifimeDIY Sabre DAC. 

On a side note, anybody knows how's the combo with Audioquest DragonFly Red ?

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #5,807 of 7,990
Times to Times i must reset my ears from IE800, to do that i make a hearing trip with all my other iem's.

Them when i come back to IE800...WoW! I see why they are so uniques, but like I said I must reset my ears times to times.

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #5,808 of 7,990

............ The sound is intoxicating .................. Just that sometimes they seem muddled at the extremes of a sound (cymbals or sub-bass).

Choosing the proper tips is absolutely essential with these guys and may not equate to the best comfort and or fit, best to try them all but the results are normally obvious right from the start.
At first I thought the ovals were the best compromise but I eventually settled on the medium round.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #5,809 of 7,990

Thanks Joel, that helps !
Also many thanks Rob, mine have the texture there, with very clean edges, so it looks like they're genuine. Can't get the focus on the phone to showcase that though.
The sound is intoxicating and indeed can hear every little detail, and I hate to think I have to send them back. Just that sometimes they seem muddled at the extremes of a sound (cymbals or sub-bass).

But maybe I am being unfair to it since I just got them 2 days ago and have not had time to listen on a proper rig (DAC + Head Amp).
Will post my impressions in a few days once I get a proper listen on the HifimeDIY Sabre DAC. 

On a side note, anybody knows how's the combo with Audioquest DragonFly Red ?

You are welcome! Enjoy!

J.

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #5,810 of 7,990
I also really lik use the oval tips, and you? Did u also use them, what differences u notice regarding the stock?

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #5,811 of 7,990
I also really lik use the oval tips, and you? Did u also use them, what differences u notice regarding the stock?

Oval vs round mecium tips?

the differences are there but hard to pinpoint. Round tips seem to be simpler to fit right and give a very good sound, while oval become slipper faster for me. 

Both are great options. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #5,812 of 7,990
Oval vs round mecium tips?

the differences are there but hard to pinpoint. Round tips seem to be simpler to fit right and give a very good sound, while oval become slipper faster for me. 

Both are great options. 

Oval gives me a more air and spacious sound. I use the round tips if I and a "fat" and fun sound.

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #5,813 of 7,990
what I respect sennheiser for is that a flagship stays a flagship for a good amount of time, instead of releasing very few months a new flagship like other companies do

I really love my ie800 and I will not sell it easily like I do with other iems, maybe only if sennheiser comes out with a new flagship only then I might sell ie800

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #5,814 of 7,990
  what I respect sennheiser for is that a flagship stays a flagship for a good amount of time, instead of releasing very few months a new flagship like other companies do

I really love my ie800 and I will not sell it easily like I do with other iems, maybe only if sennheiser comes out with a new flagship only then I might sell ie800

..Just to quote my self from a recent post on the HD800S thread...
. it just occurred to me that all my current headphones are all Sennheisers …at one time I was a big on AKG, then Grado …recently gone are the Audeze…here I’m left here with the HD800S (critical listening), IE800s (when on  the go), HD650s (so far everything), pair of Urbanites (cause their cool, very durable & sound pretty descent) and a set of HD6XX  on the way…..can’t say I’m a fan boy.... it just worked out that way…..just happened to clear out any phones that I felt lacked any staying power with regards to an honest well balanced sound. That could all change….but for now…
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #5,815 of 7,990
i just ordered ie800 ,, any DAP recommendation around 500$ ?

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #5,819 of 7,990

A new or used DP-X1 or XDP-100R. A great many features.

​get cowon p1 or use a mojo

I tried ak 380 and amp, fiio x7 but cowon p1 and mojo win hands down

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #5,820 of 7,990
Thanks guys ..
i think i will get Astell&Kern AK70 ,, still searching :)

​get cowon p1 or use a mojo

I tried ak 380 and amp, fiio x7 but cowon p1 and mojo win hands down

How do you connect cowon p1 to the mojo ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back