Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Nov 20, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #5,821 of 7,990
  Thanks guys ..
i think i will get Astell&Kern AK70 ,, still searching :)

How do you connect cowon p1 to the mojo ?

​the downfall of cowon p1 it is not a good dap to connect it to mojo unlike fiio x7 which uses coax

I meant either use cowon p1 as a stand alone dap or get urself a mojo and connect to ur phone, but do not attempt to connect cowon to mojo that is one of worst combo

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #5,823 of 7,990
  Cayin N6 is a good DAP for IE800. I was using them together like a year ago before I sold the IE800 because of fit issues. Still quite miss the sound tho.

(Same thing in black font) 
wink_face.gif

"Cayin N6 is a good DAP for IE800. I was using them together like a year ago before I sold the IE800 because of fit issues. Still quite miss the sound tho"

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #5,824 of 7,990
So here is my short and very beginner audiophile want-a-be comparison of the IE-800 & Campfire VEGA.

So in short... The Vega are &$^#ING AMAZING. I have never heard anything this great. The bass isn't muddy, its punchy and fast. The mid and treble are clear and very well separated.  I only started using the memory foam ear pieces with the VEGA and I was so surprised how much that made a difference. The seal is quite important for clarity in the bass. I have never heard bass that clear.

Sadly my comparison with the ie800 will be very tainted. I used the silicon tips with my ie800 (and also ie8). I could never get a proper seal in the same way as the foam tips. Also other annoyances about the cord length, and how its hard to put it around your ears bugged the crap out of me.

That being said, I can probably say that the big difference for me is that the Vega sounds FULLER. Not in the way where it gets muddy. I love bass and if you had the ie8 you know that was a great IEM for bass. But you lose the trebble and mids for amazing bass.  The ie800 leaves me wanting MORE. 

The VEGA gives amazing bass with no EQ on it at all.  The separation of the bass with the uppers is something I have not heard before. Again, hard to compare other than my experiences with them.

But I would recommend these 100%. No other IEM or headphones or speakers has ever made me WANT to listen to music. instead of passively listening, the VEGA really makes you 'enjoy' the music.

Hope that helps.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #5,826 of 7,990
That's a good take on the Vega. For the ie800, I think it's good to get a proper seal for the best sound on any iem. I already supported your review in the other thread so I'm giving my critique here :p

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #5,827 of 7,990
we all shall take new poster users impressions here with a grain of salt

I for one vouch that ie800 is the second best iem from all the iems I tried

and on some tracks the ie800 is the best sounding iems from all the iems I tried

simply price per buck ie800 is the best you can ever buy

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #5,829 of 7,990
I have no trouble believing that Vega/Andromeda are the better sounding iems technically competing with $2000 iems like Zeus and Adel12.Ie800 is a bang for buck in the $700-$800 arena with custom level clarity and detail,airy and open sounding with exceptionally textured bass although not as deep or controlled as the best armature.It is however a thin sounding iem with peaky/splashy treble and depending on pairing it can get fatiguing over time.No doubt if i had to do it all over again i would put another $300-400 more for either of Campfire offerings especially after reading reviews like Twister6 and Headfonics comparison,luckily i bought mine for less than $500 so that's a non issue
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #5,830 of 7,990
Over the years we have seen new iems supposedly better than the IE800, but gradually fade away from the scene, while the IE800 here continue to marvel at the in-ear world, same for Etymotic ER4.

Yes it's true that if we use them continuously they become tired and lose the charm, but if we stop using them from time to time will provide a wonderful return, i sincerely don't understand their sound.

Long life for my IE800 & Ety ER4PT.......& SM3 :)

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #5,831 of 7,990
Over the years we have seen new iems supposedly better than the IE800, but gradually fade away from the scene, while the IE800 here continue to marvel at the in-ear world, same for Etymotic ER4.

Yes it's true that if we use them continuously they become tired and lose the charm, but if we stop using them from time to time will provide a wonderful return, i sincerely don't understand their sound.

Long life for my IE800 & Ety ER4PT.......& SM3
smily_headphones1.gif

So true, no matter how many earphones/headphones I test, none would make me sell my ie800. The only gear I've heard that was comparable were the Fostex TH-900 which are brilliant but a little harsh for daily listening and the Campfire Andromeda, however, both are about twice the price of the ie800. I understand that the fit and build are not ideal for a lot of users, but if you're lucky enough to get a good fit out of the box, the ie800's are sublime. Again I highly recommend using CP100 Spinfits, they have completely solved all fit issues I had with the original tips, plus they're only $5 USD shipped from Penon. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #5,832 of 7,990
Well I just received my pair from another head-fi member and all I can say is wow.  For less than $400 I stole these things.  They're giving my PMx2's a run for their money.  These things were made for the pono player.  I'm hearing things I never heard before from any of the many other iem's I have in my collection.  I received the Trinity PM4's today as well and I'm waiting on the Trinity Hunters.  Lots of new toys to play with.  

I'm using the large oval stock tips and the fit is perfect.  I'm looking forward to many wonderful hours of enjoying my collection of music all over again.

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #5,833 of 7,990
  Well I just received my pair from another head-fi member and all I can say is wow.  For less than $400 I stole these things.  They're giving my PMx2's a run for their money.  These things were made for the pono player.  I'm hearing things I never heard before from any of the many other iem's I have in my collection.  I received the Trinity PM4's today as well and I'm waiting on the Trinity Hunters.  Lots of new toys to play with.  

I'm using the large oval stock tips and the fit is perfect.  I'm looking forward to many wonderful hours of enjoying my collection of music all over again.

You prefer ie800 with pono rather than X7 with AM2/3 or mojo better?

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #5,835 of 7,990

​the downfall of cowon p1 it is not a good dap to connect it to mojo unlike fiio x7 which uses coax

I meant either use cowon p1 as a stand alone dap or get urself a mojo and connect to ur phone, but do not attempt to connect cowon to mojo that is one of worst combo

thanks for the clarification :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back