Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Sep 2, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #4,070 of 7,990
Sep 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #4,071 of 7,990

The X5 II's treble will get smoother after some break-in, no worries! But it's still slightly more prominent than on the original X5. And then there's james444's mod
wink.gif

By the mod, do you mean using a non-woven piece of material?

I have come to love this treble now. It was lack of sleep what broke my mood back then.

I also like that it is dead silent, no hiss, no background noise, not nothing. I am selling my E12A at the moment, due to how great X5II sounds. Ie800 is a diamond now, I just have to listen at resonable levels. Listening too loud distorts sound,.. I wonder what is too loud.

Would you say that IE800 could compare sonically with a well-driven HD800 or Hifiman HE-6 (my reference headphones)? 
:)

They have similar levels of detail, and micro detail, but Hd800 is a soundstage difference. 

In rest, ie800 is worthy to be compared with hd800. I had not heared He6.

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #4,072 of 7,990
Got mine suspiciously cheap too, around 300 eur. But they passed the authentication and sound great. So great in fact that if they are fakes then who cares. (But they aren't) 

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #4,073 of 7,990
  By the mod, do you mean using a non-woven piece of material?

That's the wording from the original mod. I use loose wool fibres, with great success. Does that count as non-woven? It doesn't decrease the treble at all, just makes it smoother, more linear.

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #4,074 of 7,990
  Quiz. Is it real or fake? :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321848751269?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Did you notice that at the bottom of the listing, the seller will charge you 50GBP ($76.53) if you return it unsealed. So if you find it's fake, the seller still thinks he's going to make money. Too many warning flags. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #4,076 of 7,990
the box is a fake box
looking at my original sen box you do not see any picture under the number "800 " as shown in the ebay picture
What do you mean? I'm looking at my box, and it looks exactly like the one in the pic, except mine didn't have shrink wrap, merely two plastic seals at the bottom sides of the box. I can assure you, mine's the real deal.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #4,078 of 7,990
  the box is a fake box
looking at my original sen box you do not see any picture under the number "800 " as shown in the ebay picture

The picture looks original, but original box has sharp edges, and is not wrapped in plastic. 

That's the wording from the original mod. I use loose wool fibres, with great success. Does that count as non-woven? It doesn't decrease the treble at all, just makes it smoother, more linear.

I do not remember if you use Ie800 around the ear or straight down, but I have been experimenting, and I got to asking myself, is it better to reverse left and right if wearing over the ear? For me, it seemed to calm the treble and make it more linear. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #4,079 of 7,990
  I do not remember if you use Ie800 around the ear or straight down, but I have been experimenting, and I got to asking myself, is it better to reverse left and right if wearing over the ear? For me, it seemed to calm the treble and make it more linear. 

That's possible. Reversing left and right channel for over-ear use is one solution to preserve the correct driver angling; another one is accepting another loop in the cable (that's mine). Not easy with a cable that short, but it just works (and a little better with the slider removed).

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #4,080 of 7,990
To wear it over-the-ear (with "stock" driver angling) and keep the right stereo sound you need to invert stereo channels. There are 2 ways to do this. 1. to find softplayer that will provide this feature, if you use iphone or android-based devices. Neutron used to have it. 2. To replace cable jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back