Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Sep 7, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #4,097 of 7,998
  Is there anywhere for IE800 to recable and how much it will be cost?

Replacements are sold directly by Sennheiser

Even though, I cannot fiind any replacement anywhere, you should contact sennheiser support, or a dealer and they will tell you price and how much it takes until you get the cable. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #4,100 of 7,998
Quote:
  I want to make it a replacable cable.

If you mean to install sockets to make cable detachable, it hardly makes sense, there is no space inside the enclosure. It can be done, but will be very expensive and will affect the sound.
Fixed recable is possible, although it is a bit risky. Say 80% that it will succeed. Reason - it is not easy to disassemble IE800. Ungluing can damage drivers in rare cases.

Dobrescu George, why on earth do you need cable impedance when speaking of lo-freq amplification...

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #4,101 of 7,998
  Quote:
If you mean to install sockets to make cable detachable, it hardly makes sense, there is no space inside the enclosure. It can be done, but will be very expensive and will affect the sound.
Fixed recable is possible, although it is a bit risky. Say 80% that it will succeed. Reason - it is not easy to disassemble IE800. Ungluing can damage drivers in rare cases.

Dobrescu George, why on earth do you need cable impedance when speaking of lo-freq amplification...

Wait... What?

Sorry, I forgot at the moment that the impedance is in the pieces not the cables
biggrin.gif

This being said the cables can induce or alter the phase delay. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #4,102 of 7,998
Wait... What?
This being said the cables can induce or alter the phase delay. 

You wouldn't let it go, would you :smile:
Stop chasing ghosts, there is no such thing as audioband measurable phase delay from a 1.5m standard audio cable... You can choose to believe whatever you want but be mindful of the fact that by disseminating undigested info you're misleading some other readers.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #4,103 of 7,998
You wouldn't let it go, would you :smile:
Stop chasing ghosts, there is no such thing as audioband measurable phase delay from a 1.5m standard audio cable... You can choose to believe whatever you want but be mindful of the fact that by disseminating undigested info you're misleading some other readers.

Okay, I just remember participating in a thread about this very subject, where someone actually measured properties of different cables and saw that a cable induced phase delay
biggrin.gif

Though, I am quite certain that it was below the audible treshold

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #4,105 of 7,998
hello guys i own the shure 846, and sony xba z5 and sennheiser momentum iem

i love me momentum iem and it makes me wonder if this cheap momentum sounds so good to me how would the ie800 flagship compare

any comparisons with the iems i have and the ie800

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #4,106 of 7,998
hello guys i own the shure 846, and sony xba z5 and sennheiser momentum iem

i love me momentum iem and it makes me wonder if this cheap momentum sounds so good to me how would the ie800 flagship compare

any comparisons with the iems i have and the ie800

Which are better from those 3 for enjoying music. Can you list them in order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back