Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Apr 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #107 of 7,998

Quote:
To some extent yes - but also it has to be noted that the asg-1's for example were much wider and more capable of producing a bigger sound vs my MG7's
So yes and no to your question.

See I didn't even think this through properly. The JH13's have a wide soundstage and are relatively upfront as well. How could I even forget what I was listening to?
redface.gif

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #110 of 7,998
I do think that Senn and AKG try to best each other. I think this may a response to the K3003. If they did what they should, they would have a K3003 involved as the target and beaten it if only slightly. Otherwise, they didn't do what they where supposed to. If their Austrian counterparts who came from having no in-ears worth mentioning release the K3003 and they come back with an inferior phone then they are failures! They are not men! They are little girls and they will never live it down! The previous statements being said with the Swarzenegger voice/accent of course
biggrin.gif
!

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #111 of 7,998
I'm still chuckling that they claimed the new amp to be their first. A small population of HEV90s and their owners perished at that sentence.

May 13, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #114 of 7,998
Quote:
I'll just be quite happy if they replicate the ie8 soundstage just a bit Closer and without the echoey feel! That'll be very nice indeed!

You would pay 2.5x more money for such a modest change? I would demand a resolution, tone, balance and clarity that is reference standard

May 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #115 of 7,998
Quote:

You would pay 2.5x more money for such a modest change? I would demand a resolution, tone, balance and clarity that is reference standard

i agree. that and i would like to see a removeable cable. i wouldnt feel comfortable with the price and a non removeable cable. even if it has a great sound.

May 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #118 of 7,998
UNless the fixed cable is required for SQ, I just don't understand why other than business strategy (no more aftermarket cables).

Any cables no matter how durable they are can be cut or damaged due to accidents.

May 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #119 of 7,998
Removable cables are a godsend.. it really gets on your nerves if you have a cable fail a few weeks after warranty is over. My Ortofon EQ5s probably have a cut cable inside the Y splitter so sound would cut out from time to time and the kicker was it happened a week after my 1 year warranty was over. The quote to get it fixed was $100-150.. well at least it gave me an excuse to upgrade.

May 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #120 of 7,998
It seems a lot of people think it's going to be a flop? O.o
I'm in the market to get some high end universals. I really don't want to go through the process of making a custom.
I wonder how these will do against the k3003?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back