Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Aug 22, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #7,591 of 7,998
FWIW - I've found that replacing the original tips with Comply T-200 foam tips I had lying around, they stay much firmer in the ear. I cannot say if the sound signature changed (probably little, if at all) but it's more comfortable to wear. (Isolation probably improved somewhat, but nothing to compare with an Ety ER or Klipsch X12)

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #7,592 of 7,998
Interesting. Comply makes a spiral-interior tip especially for the IE800, implying that “normal” Comply tips won’t fit! Guess yours do.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #7,593 of 7,998
Are the 800s still relevant in today’s space?
They are as relevant today, and will continue to be, as long as your goal is extraordinary sound and extreme pleasure from your music. As far as prices being lower now, I have to disagree. At least in the US, the very few brand new ones that you can find, are over $1,000. “If” you are lucky enough to find one. The original IE800 IEMs are, in my opinion, one of those very special once-in-a-lifetime happenings. Priceless.

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #7,594 of 7,998
My IE800 just stopped working out of nowhere for the 2nd time. I had them replaced half a year ago, because one side just stopped functioning, and now it has happened again. I'm careful with them, don't listen loud, but suddenly the left side just stopped playing. Last time it was a driver that had given out, and the warranty is now out.
I am disappointed beyond belief - Sennheiser is a company whose products I expect to last for decades, like my fathers old HD545... Not a 1000$ flagship model giving out in under a year!

Dont know what to do...

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #7,596 of 7,998
Which spinfit are you using? My spinfit always stuck on my ears when I remove the cans
Sorry for delayed replay, I am not sure which one. It is also 5 years old, when I got
Which spinfit are you using? My spinfit always stuck on my ears when I remove the cans

Not sure friend, I got it when they were released.

I have posted pic here, please check
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-ie800-iems.605438/page-217#post-11469261

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #7,597 of 7,998
I might have just bought a fake one of these for pretty cheap. I'm not sure. I mean, I've never tried an $800 IEM before so I have no clue what they would even sound like in the first place.

I don't hear the deep clear bass that everyone is praising about. However, the mid-range and treble is FANTASTIC, the best I've ever heard on anything maybe. Who knows...if these are fake I can live with that.

Sep 17, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #7,598 of 7,998
I might have just bought a fake one of these for pretty cheap. I'm not sure. I mean, I've never tried an $800 IEM before so I have no clue what they would even sound like in the first place.

I don't hear the deep clear bass that everyone is praising about. However, the mid-range and treble is FANTASTIC, the best I've ever heard on anything maybe. Who knows...if these are fake I can live with that.
You might want to try the next bigger proprietary tips included. The tighter the seal, the more fuller the bass can get. Don’t expect basshead level bass though.

Sep 22, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #7,599 of 7,998
Just spent a most enjoyable hour with my 800s after a month away. They are such a smooth sounding item and the most comfortable of my collection. Microphonics is my only issue and a small one at that. I love the sig’s of both 800 and 800s. With poly/mojo I think the 800 is the best. Both will never be sold. I think they are totally underrated.

Sep 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #7,600 of 7,998
I think they are totally underrated.

Completely agree. Dunno why that is, maybe it's not as "cool" as others that stuff a million drivers in their earpieces.

Not getting rid of my 800S. The sound sig is a fantastic balance, natural bass and vocal, and above averagely detailed treble. And these things are tiny - can fit in the coin pocket of my pants. So I naturally want to grab them when I'm on the go.

Sep 22, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #7,601 of 7,998
Just spent a most enjoyable hour with my 800s after a month away. They are such a smooth sounding item and the most comfortable of my collection. Microphonics is my only issue and a small one at that. I love the sig’s of both 800 and 800s. With poly/mojo I think the 800 is the best. Both will never be sold. I think they are totally underrated.
They are amazing.

Sep 22, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #7,602 of 7,998
Glad to see some more appreciation on these beasts. They are definitely one of the most natural sounding out there with a single driver to boot.

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #7,603 of 7,998
After many years with Spinfits CP100, got newer models of Comply tips again. Long back, I had bad experience with Comply with them mild bass boosted which was kind of good, but did not like muddy heights and clarity.

I like IE800 for its bass and airy highs, while Spinfits was downgrade compared to stock tips it made IE800 usable on go, with new Comply for Sennheiser I like to say sound has improved. Still not like stock tips but definitely better heights, airy, better bass with control and more importantly not muddy compare older models of Comply.

:ksc75smile:

https://www.complyfoam.com/sennheiser/

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #7,604 of 7,998
After many years with Spinfits CP100, got newer models of Comply tips again. Long back, I had bad experience with Comply with them mild bass boosted which was kind of good, but did not like muddy heights and clarity.

I like IE800 for its bass and airy highs, while Spinfits was downgrade compared to stock tips it made IE800 usable on go, with new Comply for Sennheiser I like to say sound has improved. Still not like stock tips but definitely better heights, airy, better bass with control and more importantly not muddy compare older models of Comply.

:ksc75smile:

https://www.complyfoam.com/sennheiser/
Are those the same comply from the stock complys of ie800S?

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #7,605 of 7,998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back