Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Aug 25, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #7,156 of 7,998
Thanks for the update on pricing …they’ve been listed on the Senns site and Dior
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/headphones-earphones-dior-edition
https://www.dior.com/couture/en_int...r-homme-x-sennheiser-pocket-solution-17-44001

Interesting color and presentation but not too sure I’m keen on having my stuff labeled with “DIOR HOMME”…:triportsad:

ie800'S' now we're talking....:)

I would consider them if they
I like the color contrast. But with the IE800S looming I'm not sure how well these will sell. I'm just wondering how much better the IE800S's are going to be over the current version.

I find the possibility to use a balance cable a huge plus, it will improve the sound with my WM1Z.

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #7,157 of 7,998
I like the color contrast. But with the IE800S looming I'm not sure how well these will sell. I'm just wondering how much better the IE800S's are going to be over the current version.
Well if one is a "DIOR" homme they might be a must have...

.....as for a ie800"S" unlike the 800 vs 800S the current ie800 although not appreciated by all does not appear to have a "unanimous" fault (as in being too clinical)....maybe move the mid-range forward a tad otherwise IMHO they are currently well balanced.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #7,158 of 7,998
Well if one is a "DIOR" homme they might be a must have...

.....as for a ie800"S" unlike the 800 vs 800S the current ie800 although not appreciated by all does not appear to have a "unanimous" fault (as in being too clinical)....maybe move the mid-range forward a tad otherwise IMHO they are currently well balanced.
Completely agree. If you can drive them properly the IE800's are absolutely a joy to listen to. They are so balanced with rich and full mids and spectacularly well defined and punchy bass. I'm just not sure what they can improve on to get people to buy the S version. Heck they borrowed tech from the IE800's to make the HD800's better. I'm so curious about the IE800S's.

Aug 25, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #7,160 of 7,998
Aug 25, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #7,161 of 7,998
. I'm just not sure what they can improve on to get people to buy the S version.

Well, slightly more forward mids, evener highs and a bit more meat in the upper low end would sure do for me. I really find the IE800 too thin and hollow as well as really too unnatural sounding in the highs.

Aug 25, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #7,162 of 7,998
Crap. Now the prices of the ie' will go down with the release of the ie's' should have waited a few more weeks

Aug 25, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #7,163 of 7,998
I actually prefer the original colours

Aug 25, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #7,164 of 7,998
Couldnt find the opus #3 and the dx200 on ebay

Aug 29, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #7,165 of 7,998
Hello,

i want to buy a used Sennheiser IE800 on ebay. Many Auctions ended with around 100.- EUR
How can i identify a Fake IE800? I read that there are so many out there.

Any Suggestions?

Thank you

Aug 29, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #7,166 of 7,998
Hello,

i want to buy a used Sennheiser IE800 on ebay. Many Auctions ended with around 100.- EUR

Any Suggestions?

Thank you
I looked around on ebay for weeks checking out all the different posts for a used set of ie's. After reading several articles on how well made the fake's were i decided it wasnt worth the effort of buying from ebay with the eternal iggling 'but what if mine are fake' that would run through my head. So i bit the bullet and bought new from a sennheiser dealer. Peace of mind. Plus i hate buying things twice so i wanted to be sure the first time around.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #7,167 of 7,998
I looked around on ebay for weeks checking out all the different posts for a used set of ie's. After reading several articles on how well made the fake's were i decided it wasnt worth the effort of buying from ebay with the eternal iggling 'but what if mine are fake' that would run through my head. So i bit the bullet and bought new from a sennheiser dealer. Peace of mind. Plus i hate buying things twice so i wanted to be sure the first time around.
Hello,

Any Suggestions?

Thank you
However to help with your question ive read the 'S' brand icon can be backwards on the 2.5mm connector, the cord not being the correct length, not having a distinct 'click' in the cord plug, rough mouldings, inconsistant pattern on the cord. Poor stitching quality, bad foam cutting/shape, and a weak magnet for the case. The authentification numbers on the case and senny's website can also be dodgey.

Aug 29, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #7,168 of 7,998
Plus ive read (not specifically with this product) but people buying a legit product, replacing the packaging contents with a fugazi version and returning the product and getting their money back. So all supplued packaging and purchase receipt can be present with a fake set. So if there is a hint of 'fakes' around im waaaay to skeptical to take the chance.

Aug 29, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #7,169 of 7,998
Hello,

Any Suggestions?

Thank you

Have you checked out this thread?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fake-senheiser-ie800.700604/page-20#post-13668187
There may be a few legit on ebay but the majority are fakes, under $100 definitely....why not post the ebay url here, myself and I'm sure members will gladly voice their opinions.
And as noted above the unscrupulous buy legit, swap out with a fake and return for a full refund....Amazon being the biggest target but at least you are protected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back