1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's

First

Back
470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479
481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490
Next

Last
  1. Dobrescu George
    I really like that treble-happy area actually...

2. Slim1970
    So do I. I love high end sparkle. I think it balances out the bass that the IE800's provide.

3. Death_Block
    Con confirm tidal works on the dx200.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  4. chaojiliqilin
    IE80 has just replaced by IE80s. I am curious will IE800 get upgraded soon!

5. Rob80b
  6. thefitz
    Looks like they're keeping the overall design the same, and making it balanced (which is great). I wonder how much impact the "new dampers" will have on the treble glare. If they tone that down a bit, these are money. I might even buy them new!! :wink:

I bet these are a few months/years out. Sennheiser releasing the IE80S and the IE800S closely wouldn't be good for sales.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Rob80b
    Haven't experienced any "treble glare" my self which IMHO would be totally unacceptable at this price point or any price point for that matter...I'd never keep them. : ( ...as it stands, nothing to tone down in my books. : )
    We may see the ie800 "S"s sooner than later as they are in a different tier and may be closer to the "Dior" pricing at $1199 so aren't really competing with one another.

8. thefitz
    There's a pretty marked wide-band minor spike centred around 11kHz on pretty much every IE800 measurement you can find, and to my ears it's easily detectable. This spike is present in both compensated and uncompensated measurements. Whether or not this is a bad thing is entirely up to taste, but I think to say it isn't there is disingenuous.

Please see:
    http://i.imgur.com/Ky7Tprk.png
    https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserIE800sampleC.pdf
    https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserIE8002013.pdf
    https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserIE800.pdf

I may even keep my regular IE800 and sell my BA IEMs to fund the IE800S. I think an IE800 with a balanced option and maybe 5db less activity in the 11kHz area would be a real winner, even if the proprietary ear-tips and semi-removable cable might still bug people.

9. Dobrescu George
    I mean they have that 11kHz bump, but that is why I bogut them, it gives them an edge over many other IEMs and headpones, it is why I love them so much, that and that amazing mids!!!

10. thefitz
    Indeed, these things are special. I just think if that 11kHz was toned down a bit, we'd have a world-class dynamic IEM on our hands across the board.

11. Rob80b
    That's beyond my hearing range...lol.....and as you say minor. : )

Seriously though...what type of music are folks listening to, at 11K there should be basically only greatly diminished overtones/harmonics, which does impart some sparkle and air. (if you can hear it)...now a spike around 4-6k that would definitely be annoying.
    Frequency chart.png

12. Death_Block
    Im rather a fan of IEM having certain 'unbalanced' characteristics. It what makes them special. Otherwise everyone would be wearing the same brand of IEM. (Like todays) mobile phone market, yuk.

soundofmed likes this.
  13. m8o
    Does the Dita Audio Dream or Campfire Vega really live up to the significant price premium over these?

I am in the market for an excellent IEM. Best I have right now is the UE900. Heard these months ago and can't stop thinking about them. But those two I mention get much love in the non BA realm. Wonder if you think the ie800 holds up well against them?

14. thefitz
    11kHz is by no means crazy. I listen to music that has drums in it, and that 11kHz can get a little fatiguing with cymbals and even has a notable impact on the snap of a snare.

Also, playing around - I find Comply tips with -3db at 8kHz and 16kHz (common EQ points) sounds fantastic to me. Give it a try!

15. bana
    POSEDOWN,
    I have a IE800 that I will sell if I can't find a solution to run balanced with a 4.4MM plus to work with my Sony NW-WM1Z DAP.
    Has anyone converted to 4.4MM?
    Thanks,

First

Back
470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479
481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490
Next

Last