1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's

First

Back
462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471
473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482
Next

Last
  1. Rob80b
    Have to agree with that aspect, especially when dealing with a portable although I wouldn't say they have a "wow" factor as such as their overall presentation is still IMHO rather flat (natuaral) sounding compared to most if not all iems that I've heard.
    Which is one reason I'm debating if I should hold on to these new ones I have as their sound potential is not fully appreciated if I'm only using them while out and about ..... the music is competing with outside environmental and industrial noise.... : (

Currently listening to Jordi Savall-"Altre Follie 1500-1750" in my shop and and they do sound fabulous...maybe I should hold on to them for those special days or while traveling... : )

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  2. Deftone
    Well too balanced and neutral can be too boring for some over time.

It's obviously all a preference thing.

3. audionewbi
    Fit seems to be the same as IE800 :frowning2:

4. Dobrescu George
    I need to hear one soon! :L3000:

ie800 has been one of my favorite IEMs since I first got them, need to hear what Sennheiser has been up to since I still love ie800 :k701smile:

5. nanaholic
    Good to see Sennheiser including a 4.4mm cable! We really need a big brand besides Sony pushing the standard.

6. Rob80b
    Now matte black and a little easier to tell left from right....
    ie800S a.jpg

7. Rob80b
  8. Mav.
  9. Rob80b
    Confirmation of its actual existence might be a good idea if one wants the latest and greatest....might give Sennheiser a call.

10. Dobrescu George
    You should be fairly happy with ie800 as they are, I think that the new version is more of a cosmetic / build touch rather than a sound retuning. I still want to hear one to know for sure.

They should be real, at least from what I've heard from Senn, but they never mentioned a release date and such, I wonder why. IE800S doesn't even seem to appear on their site as a ready to sell item, so I have a few questions about why that site would have them in stock before everybody else.

With Sennheiser products, the rule of thumb is to always purchase from authorised resellers.

11. Rob80b
    May just be a case of insider information jumping the gun ahead of schedule....it's happened before....many times...and then pulled.
    Still haven't seen pricing nor availability on the Dior collection.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  12. Dobrescu George
    I think that this is the ie800 Dior edition or something like that. It would make sense since Sennheiser hasn't annonced anything like a new ie800 besodes the Dior edition

13. joshnor713
    This is lining up nicely for an IFA 2017 announcement. That German retailer says shipping time is 4-8 weeks. And says there's SQ improvements, not just cosmetic.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  14. Dobrescu George
    Woah there.

I. WANT. ONE. NOW :darthsmile:

For real though, this is quite exciting for me, I still like my ie800 quite a lot, they are one of the IEMs I really liked through the years and if they made the sound even better, I'm all ears

I can still remember when I bought my pair of ie800 from a friend in Bucharest.

First

Back
462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471
473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482
Next

Last